What am I experiencing here (help with tank upgrade)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurricanegirl100

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2012
The burbies of Cleveland
"20 nic strength... That would be too much for an rba". So rba/rta, same difference, and I need to cut waaay back?
Roger that, Edacsac. 20 mg nic on ANY subohm device is too high. I vaped some 18 mg on my .5 ohm coil the other night, and got whirling dizzy in about five minutes.

edacsac

Jan 7, 2015
I think he's still got a way's to go to be in the sub ohm relm ..........

I really wasn't interested in being in the subohm realm. Just wanted some better, more reliable equipment.

Thanks for all the help, you folks are great!

How often should I be changing wick and coils? 2.7 ml tank, have gone through about 1 1/2 tanks.

edacsac

Jan 7, 2015
What are the flavors you are vaping everyday ?
Right now it is a mix of an RY4 I picked up locally, and Red Oak Tennessee Cured, which is fabulous.

Another concern I have now is that I've brewed up some DIY NETs, and once I get my syringe and cotton, and do the final filter, I'm going to start mixing. But it won't do much good if I can't taste it, lol.

Dry burn... At the shop I picked up the RY4, fella did something of a burn, but first soaked the deck with something on a q-tip, for my tasting.

EBates

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 4, 2013
Texas
I don't subohm at all. But when I got my first KF 3.1 I had to cut my ADV's from 18mg to 9mg. Note I use a 2.5 ohm coil and sterile cotton wick. I have now dropped my nic down to 6mg. So a better tank (not necessarily subohm) delivers a greater nic hit IME.

On flavor, stay hydrated, and try a strong mint flavor to refresh your taste buds. It has and does work for me. My finding is that a better tank enhances the flavor, for me at least.

ETA I rewick and dry burn my KF's about once a week or after 6-7 tanks.

edacsac

Jan 7, 2015
Are you using this Coil wrapping | Steam Engine | free vaping calculators to build coils ?
Do you have a separate ohm reader or are you just relying on your istick for reading the coil ?

as you lower your ohms for your coil it will produce more heat in less time, there hence more vapor

I have yet to build a coil. I have a good multi-meter though, and I may even have the local shop build me a couple to get started. The 1.1 coil came with my Lemo. The instructions said it was 1.1 and so does my istick. I've only had the Lemo for a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread