What are some of the best "clearomizers"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
your question was what we think the best clearomizer is? phoenix xl 1.5ml clearo fro gotvapes...hands down. altho you might get the same flavor from a stardust, with the phoenix you can vape it bone dry before refilling. i have been a diehard boge 2.0 guy for a year and after trying the phoenix clearo, thats all i use. i havent gotten flavor and vapor like this from ANY other carto to date. ive vaped about 20 fills with this and it runs like new (i clean it every 3 days or so) no leaking whatsoever, no gurgling at all. these are bottom coil so you never have to tilt it upside down for it to wick. one gripe i have with these is: i cant use a thick liquid, they wont wick real well. if you use a 70pg/30vg liquid, these are absolutely fantastic.

check out this video steeljan - YouTube

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
your question was what we think the best clearomizer is? phoenix xl 1.5ml clearo fro gotvapes...hands down. altho you might get the same flavor from a stardust, with the phoenix you can vape it bone dry before refilling. i have been a diehard boge 2.0 guy for a year and after trying the phoenix clearo, thats all i use. i havent gotten flavor and vapor like this from ANY other carto to date. ive vaped about 20 fills with this and it runs like new (i clean it every 3 days or so) no leaking whatsoever, no gurgling at all. these are bottom coil so you never have to tilt it upside down for it to wick. one gripe i have with these is: i cant use a thick liquid, they wont wick real well. if you use a 70pg/30vg liquid, these are absolutely fantastic.
Interesting. I'll give it a try.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I'd like to know which ohm is the best for these as well...I'd be using it on my mega eGo-T
Any of them. The lower resistance = warmer and more TH. Maybe you could try one of each and see which one you like best.
By the way Daniele, how have you managed to save so much money on smoking in 3 months? That is awesome! I'd be saving up for a exotic beach holiday if it was me. How much do fags cost in your neck of the woods?

Kyi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2010
Atlanta
Are the Volt X2 Clearomizers the same as the Vision Ego/Stardusts? Wish there wasn't so many names for the same thing. I bought 2 Stardusts to begin with, just to try them out. I really liked them so I ordered 4 more, so now I have one in each color! I just got the longer wicked ones also in LR (got SR the first time) gonna try them out with some Mrs. T juices coming in and also my first VV, the eGo-C Twist. Very excited about getting the mail this week! Haha... but anyways, I think the Stardusts are great but I can see how they can improve on it and make have better versions in the future. I would be open to trying other products too, but I think clearomizers are the way to go if you don't vape heavy enough to need a tank.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
Any of them. The lower resistance = warmer and more TH. Maybe you could try one of each and see which one you like best.
By the way Daniele, how have you managed to save so much money on smoking in 3 months? That is awesome! I'd be saving up for a exotic beach holiday if it was me. How much do fags cost in your neck of the woods?

Thanks so much for the info! As for how I've saved so much $ since I quit...I was a heavy smoker, 1.5 to 2 packs a day, on average my brand was $8 a pack...there were some places that they were closer to $10 a pack though too! Its amazing how much I've saved...even with how much I've been spending on vaping supplies! LOL (I haven't checked to see if my signature is calculating correctly...but its definitely been a noticeable difference for me!)

ricks

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 11, 2011
Moscow PA
Thanks so much for the info! As for how I've saved so much $ since I quit...I was a heavy smoker, 1.5 to 2 packs a day, on average my brand was $8 a pack...there were some places that they were closer to $10 a pack though too! Its amazing how much I've saved...even with how much I've been spending on vaping supplies! LOL (I haven't checked to see if my signature is calculating correctly...but its definitely been a noticeable difference for me!)

I used to buy my Marlboros from overseas. I was paying 20 bucks a carton when I quit. I'm still saving money tho.

Pheisty

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2009
Wisconsin
I've had really good luck with the CE2's and good clean flavor. I use them on an ego booster at ~4v with a delrin drip tip (no wierd taste from that). More than that and I sometimes get a burn taste. The vision is really cool but I get a funny muted taste from them - just my experience.

What Stringer said.

I did not like the taste of the Vision. It performed great, I just didn't like the taste. It wasn't burnt, just weird...and when I say weird I mean that I did not like it and it gave me a headache and nausea. But if you're not an overly-sensitive brat like me, you should be fine. ;)

NeoLythic

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2011
CA
Hi folks!
Glad this discussion came up. I've gone through several Visions and it's been hit or miss with them.

Arrowhead: I've found the flavor definitely somewhat muted with these. Depends on the juice to. I know that higher VG juices lack some flavor compare to higher PG and I think the Vision/Stardust dampens the flavor even more.

The first 5 Visions were great, but then I bought some of the newer ones (with the little cone on top of the coil) and I went through 3 of them before I found one that worked. The others gave one or two fantastic hits then petered out to little or no flavor but plenty of vapor. Weird.

They're ridiculously easy to fill and pretty durable though. I'd like to try some of the newer ones with the longer wicks and see how those behave.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread