What are some of the best "clearomizers"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
Daniele, Lol, I love that pink zebra one and always wanted a APV that counts my puffs and says 'goodby my master'! Too adorable, but I couldn't get any info on it and no reviews, so thanks for the heads up!

I really love it so far! I can't speak to over VV PVs, but I can say the vapor production has been noticeably better than my eGo-T....even if I just use a regular Boge carto with it. I was worried it was going to be a little big but its so tiny & cute! The taste I get with it just using a regular Boge or SmokeTech carto is really impressive...I figured with the normal filler cartos, I wouldnt notice much difference, but I definitely do. It also came with 2 little "clearos", that I was hesitant to use, because they looked similar to others I had tried in the past that had that plastic taste...I decided to give one a shot just a little bit ago though, and WOW..incredible vapor production! I was really impressed. Its pretty cool, the cartos slide right inside, theres a slider on the side for you to raise it up & down. It looks even cute with a fun colored drip tip, since that's really all you see coming out of the top. I'm a happy camper so far! between this, and my Phoenix...its like a whole new world of vaping the last 2 days!

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
Sounds awesome! Can other driptips fit on that clearomizer?

Other drip tips don't fit on the clearomizer it came with...which was another reason I was hesitant to try it, because I've had issues with those plastic mouthpieces tasting funny before. Surprisingly I didn't have that issue with this one. You don't need to use those clearos with it though. Basically any 510 carto/clearo (like the Phoenix too) will fit and all seem to be working great! The Stardusts, or wider clearos won't fit since they screw into the inside of the box. I've been using different colored drip tips on my regular cartos, and the Phoenix with it, since it just looks so darn cute with a fun drip tip sticking out on the top! LOL!

On a seperate note, I just tried the Stardust...and WOW...just as impressed. Incredible vapor production! I've got a menthol juice in here...so its a tough flavor comparison to the Phoenix, mainly because the menthol is just stronger as is...but I'd say I'm equally impressed with them both so far. I had a non-menthol juice in the Phoenix, and the flavor was just so clean and perfect. I'm a happy girl this week though!

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
the stardust needs to be re-filled more often compared to the phoenix due to the coils being at the top, and you have to "tip" it so the wicks stay wet. when i used the stardusts, i always re-filled them when they were 3/4 empty.

when i clean the phoenix, i remove the tube completely. only do this when the tank is empty.

put the ce3 on your device and wiggle the tube while pulling it upwards, it will slide off fairly easily.

once the tube is off, you can take the metal inner tube off by just lifting it up (and now you see the coils)

you hold it under running water to rise the coils.

this is very easy to do and when you put it back, i will not leak (trust me, ive done this 10 times on mine).

extra curricular: while tube is off,i screw the coil part on my battery and dry burn it (5 sec bursts, few times) untilthe coil gets red.

now you will see a white colored layer on the coils (old juice), i use an old tooth brush to brush it off (comes off very easily).

now put eveything back together and its as good as new.

all this sounds much more complicated than it actually is.

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
the stardust needs to be re-filled more often compared to the phoenix due to the coils being at the top, and you have to "tip" it so the wicks stay wet. when i used the stardusts, i always re-filled them when they were 3/4 empty.

when i clean the phoenix, i remove the tube completely. only do this when the tank is empty.

put the ce3 on your device and wiggle the tube while pulling it upwards, it will slide off fairly easily.

once the tube is off, you can take the metal inner tube off by just lifting it up (and now you see the coils)

you hold it under running water to rise the coils.

this is very easy to do and when you put it back, i will not leak (trust me, ive done this 10 times on mine).

extra curricular: while tube is off,i screw the coil part on my battery and dry burn it (5 sec bursts, few times) untilthe coil gets red.

now you will see a white colored layer on the coils (old juice), i use an old tooth brush to brush it off (comes off very easily).

now put eveything back together and its as good as new.

all this sounds much more complicated than it actually is.

Great info - thanks! So basically, if I want to change flavors in the Stardust, I'd have to clean it out (and I guess waste some juice), since you can't vape until its empty? How do you typically switch flavors with it?

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
HI again..I posted a seperate thread last night, but didn't get any response, so I thought I would come back to this thread where I know some Phoenix users have been hanging out. I started having some issues. THe first one I used, like I said, I absolutely loved. I filled it twice, no issues, filled the way the GotVapes video says..upside down, etc. WEnt to fill it a 3rd time...put it on my eGo-T, and it won't vape. No leaking, but just not doing anything. ANy ideas?

WHen that happened, I opened a new one, filled it...put it on my eGo, was taking a few puffs to get it ready, and around the 5th puff i heard gurgling and juice was all over my hand. It leaked about .7ml of my favorite juice in a matter of seconds. ANy ideas on that one?

I REALLY loved how it was vaping, so I want to figure out these issues so I can use them again. I don't want to open a 3rd until I know whats going on. Any help would be great!

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Not the wick holes. File the base of the air-tube on both sides where it rest above the wick slots.

I really need a camera. Hope this helps.

Photo0020.jpg

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Well after going thru 6 Phoenix at 2.6-2.8 R only 3 worked. Second fill on one good one and it burned. I am only running them at 3.7 v and I have to say these Phoenix at this resistance I do not recommend. They are frying themselves for some reason. I will try the other resistance and see if they work better, but this resistance is not working well at all. Very disappointing. bnrk

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
Filing a crescent shape allows the passageway to be at it's largest when positioned such that the top of the crescent is directly above the wick slots. If it's too large, it can be adjusted smaller by turning the air-tube slightly to decrease the size. You can even do this while it's full. Just stick pointy knife into the metal tube at the top seal to adjust.

Best thing to use to file it is a 3/16" round chainsaw file. Once you file a few this way, when the carto dies, the tube can be used in the new one. So this is a little trouble to get right at first, but once done you have some thick juice tubes that will last.

rescued

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Memphis
Filing a crescent shape allows the passageway to be at it's largest when positioned such that the top of the crescent is directly above the wick slots. If it's too large, it can be adjusted smaller by turning the air-tube slightly to decrease the size. You can even do this while it's full. Just stick pointy knife into the metal tube at the top seal to adjust.

Best thing to use to file it is a 3/16" round chainsaw file. Once you file a few this way, when the carto dies, the tube can be used in the new one. So this is a little trouble to get right at first, but once done you have some thick juice tubes that will last.

Dude thank you so much. My bobas will be here today. Glad to be able to vape it with a ce3

Sent from my HTC Sensation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread