What are some of the best "clearomizers"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andante51

Nov 20, 2011
Michigan
Another source for the newer long wick Stardusts / Visions can be found here:
Vision eGo Transparent Clearomizer V2 for 510/eGo, 2.1-2.4 ohm

I got in about 8 of them Saturday, they are a huge improvement over the short-wick versions, that I used exclusively for about a month. I think they hit better, have a lighter draw, no longer have to hold horizonally, but my favorite part is not having to fill them up long before they are empty.

Note I am using the ones in the link above - 2.1 to 2.4 ohm, on KGO batteries. I think anyone who was disppointed with the short-wick ones should give these a try, they are a major improvement.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Another source for the newer long wick Stardusts / Visions can be found here:
Vision eGo Transparent Clearomizer V2 for 510/eGo, 2.1-2.4 ohm

I got in about 8 of them Saturday, they are a huge improvement over the short-wick versions, that I used exclusively for about a month. I think they hit better, have a lighter draw, no longer have to hold horizonally, but my favorite part is not having to fill them up long before they are empty.

Note I am using the ones in the link above - 2.1 to 2.4 ohm, on KGO batteries. I think anyone who was disppointed with the short-wick ones should give these a try, they are a major improvement.

The longer wick is an obvious improvement, I've not tried these out yet but c'mon 6.49 for one cartomizer?? I can get a whole pack of ce2's for 9.75.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
I have seen 2 different types of these out there. The early models have short wicks. The newer ones have longer wicks. I will try to find pics.

This one? I have never seen this one before??? Kanger 2ohm EgO Clear'o'mizer

These, which are the type I have. EgO transparent Clear-o-mizer

I want to try this version next. View attachment 99502

What ohm are the best to use with these? I think the type of liquid will make a big difference also. I use only 100% PG. My first 2 Visions are the 2.1-2.4 ohm. I recently bought the 2.5-2.9 ones but I won't use them until the old ones die.

I have both the SR and LR versions of the Stardust from a few different vendors (haven't seen much different in performance between vendors..just and FYI)

I find that the LR 2.1-2.4 give a much more satisfying vape on a standard 3.7 battery. When I use my 2.5-2.9 ones, I use my eGo booster and set it around 4v to duplicate the vape from the LR. If you don't have a vv device, I'd recommend the lower ohm ones.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
phoenix xl 1.5ml clearo fro gotvapes

I'm wanting to try these out as well, mainly for my bf. He's still using the old metal 510 ce2 XL cartos. All the clearos he tried cracked, leaked or came apart so he didn't like them and the Stardusts have too tight of a draw for him.

I'm waiting for the LR ones to come back in stock before I order them, however.

I am interested in the 3ml phoenix tank for him. They are pricey for basically 1 large clearo, but the cap in intriguing. We fish frequently and he keeps his ego in his shirt pocket. Everytime he bends down, it falls out and once right into the minnow bucket. I think the large reservoir will last him through a few hrs of fishing without refilling and the pen clip will keep it secured in his pocket.

We'll see how it goes.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
Are the Volt X2 Clearomizers the same as the Vision Ego/Stardusts? Wish there wasn't so many names for the same thing. I bought 2 Stardusts to begin with, just to try them out. I really liked them so I ordered 4 more, so now I have one in each color! I just got the longer wicked ones also in LR (got SR the first time) gonna try them out with some Mrs. T juices coming in and also my first VV, the eGo-C Twist. Very excited about getting the mail this week! Haha... but anyways, I think the Stardusts are great but I can see how they can improve on it and make have better versions in the future. I would be open to trying other products too, but I think clearomizers are the way to go if you don't vape heavy enough to need a tank.

Yes they are the same, but the X2 have 808 threading and the Stardusts/eGo Visions are 510 threaded. If you already have 808 stuff from SI, then you'll want the X2 for compatibility.

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
I'm wanting to try these out as well, mainly for my bf. He's still using the old metal 510 ce2 XL cartos. All the clearos he tried cracked, leaked or came apart so he didn't like them and the Stardusts have too tight of a draw for him.

I'm waiting for the LR ones to come back in stock before I order them, however.

I am interested in the 3ml phoenix tank for him. They are pricey for basically 1 large clearo, but the cap in intriguing. We fish frequently and he keeps his ego in his shirt pocket. Everytime he bends down, it falls out and once right into the minnow bucket. I think the large reservoir will last him through a few hrs of fishing without refilling and the pen clip will keep it secured in his pocket.

We'll see how it goes.

they work well as long as the liquid he uses is somewhat thin. phoenix cartos do not like bobas-bounty-type thickess...at all.....it wont wick

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
Please keep us posted after you get them and try them both, I'll be watching this space, interested to hear your experiences with them.

Ok...so I said I would check back after these came in. The Phoenix arrived today, Stardust isn't here yet. The Phoenix is AWESOME so far though! I've primarily used filler cartos to date...tried a few clearos here & there and everything had a funny taste to me. This took literally 2 seconds to fill, no mess at all, I immediately started vaping and the taste & vapor are unmatched (as far as anything I have tried thus far). Like I said...I haven't tried the Stardust yet...so can't compare to that. I'm using the Phoenix on my mega eGo-T...its awesome. I also got that cute little mod from GotVapes...the "Vision Ultimo" I blieve its called...and these Phoenix clearos are supposed to fit in that...so I'm looking forward to trying that out after it charges.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I've been on the hunt for something like this..and the Phoenix is definitely satisfied my search so far!

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
Ok...so I said I would check back after these came in. The Phoenix arrived today, Stardust isn't here yet. The Phoenix is AWESOME so far though! I've primarily used filler cartos to date...tried a few clearos here & there and everything had a funny taste to me. This took literally 2 seconds to fill, no mess at all, I immediately started vaping and the taste & vapor are unmatched (as far as anything I have tried thus far). Like I said...I haven't tried the Stardust yet...so can't compare to that. I'm using the Phoenix on my mega eGo-T...its awesome. I also got that cute little mod from GotVapes...the "Vision Ultimo" I blieve its called...and these Phoenix clearos are supposed to fit in that...so I'm looking forward to trying that out after it charges.

Thanks so much for the suggestions! I've been on the hunt for something like this..and the Phoenix is definitely satisfied my search so far!

Hmm..something's fishy. Someone FROM Phoenix LOVES the Phoenix?! I sense conspiracy!! Hehehehe. Naw, thanks for sharing your experience, makes my wait for my Phoenixs' (coming today!) even more excruciating :D

rlh445

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland
I guess YMMV on that one..I've seen posts where people are getting weeks and weeks out of them and others seem to have trouble after the first refill. The best advice I've seen is just to try and make sure you're not sticking the syringe all up the clearos' .... so you don't stretch the seal anymore than necessary.

Big Screen D

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2011
Georgia
they work well as long as the liquid he uses is somewhat thin. phoenix cartos do not like bobas-bounty-type thickess...at all.....it wont wick

It won't wick enough unless the juice inlet hole is made just a little larger by filing a slant in the base of the air-tube where it sits above both sides of the wick. I file a slant or crescent so I can adjust the opening by turning the air-tube a little if needed.

I've probably run 50ml through the Phoenix I'm vaping on as I type. It's been cleaned and dry-burned every 2-3 refills and is incredible.

rescued

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2012
Memphis
It won't wick enough unless the juice inlet hole is made just a little larger by filing a slant in the base of the air-tube where it sits above both sides of the wick. I file a slant or crescent so I can adjust the opening by turning the air-tube a little if needed.

I've probably run 50ml through the Phoenix I'm vaping on as I type. It's been cleaned and dry-burned every 2-3 refills and is incredible.

I need a photo or something of where you speak of. And how.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
i am still using the first phoenix xl i unwrapped almost 3 weeks ago. i dontknow how much liquid ive ran through it but if i had to guess i would say 40mls or so. every 2 or 3 days i take it apart and clean it, put it back together and its as good as new. SOME of them ( i had 2 in my pack) dont work as good due to the coil jammed and crooked in the bottom of the cup...but the ones that work, they work real real nice. you WILL go through a bit more juice compared to a boge. you cant get insane vapor and not use more juice. another + is that my batteries last noticeably longer compared to using a boge 2.0 carto. i love the phoenix xl.
i have not had one leak regardless of how i lay it down, they just simply wont leak.

you can vape these things until they are bone dry, it will use every drop of juice. remember to refill them when the carto is completely empty or you will mess with the vacuum in the tube (and thats when flooding/leaking would occur). oh and always fill these upside down.

the tube will not crack regardless of what kind of juice you put into it.

Last edited:

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
Well I just got mine, the Phoenix, and so far I had two work perfect and 2 not perfect. I need to take the one part and see what is up as it tastes burnt. It could be my fault for not waiting 15 min to try it and I had the volts at 4.3 on my provari, I find I get better performance at 3.7, 3.8 on these. I did get the 2.6, 2.8 R ones. The two that are working perfectly are phenomenal, great taste and the cleanest vape I have ever had. Now the other one not working right, was acting like the wick was burning so I put some drops directy in that top hole and let it run out the bottom and it seemed to help for some reason, not sure why?? But felt it was worth trying! LOL I did try putting in more juice in one that was not empty it did leak, so guess that is good advice to vape them down before filling. This is my first attempt at clearos and when they work they are the fabulous. When they don't no better than a finicky boge not working :( But it happens to all cartos it seems. I had a bunch of bad boges lately so no guarentee any of these always work. bnrk

daniele25

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2012
phoenix
i am still using the first phoenix xl i unwrapped almost 3 weeks ago. i dontknow how much liquid ive ran through it but if i had to guess i would say 40mls or so. every 2 or 3 days i take it apart and clean it, put it back together and its as good as new. SOME of them ( i had 2 in my pack) dont work as good due to the coil jammed and crooked in the bottom of the cup...but the ones that work, they work real real nice. you WILL go through a bit more juice compared to a boge. you cant get insane vapor and not use more juice. another + is that my batteries last noticeably longer compared to using a boge 2.0 carto. i love the phoenix xl.
i have not had one leak regardless of how i lay it down, they just simply wont leak.

you can vape these things until they are bone dry, it will use every drop of juice. remember to refill them when the carto is completely empty or you will mess with the vacuum in the tube (and thats when flooding/leaking would occur). oh and always fill these upside down.

the tube will not crack regardless of what kind of juice you put into it.

Thanks so much for the info! WHen you say take it apart to clean it, do you just remove that inner plastic cap (where the fill hole is) and rinse with warm water? I'm hesistant to take anything apart to later find out it wasn't meant to do that & can't be put back together!

My Stardust just came...will try that out in a few..but I'm loving this Phoenix so much I dont really feel like switching! The taste is so clean its amazing. I did also just get this little mod GotVapes Ultimo VISION 3-Stage 850mah Box 510 - PINK Zebra [gv-UltimoVisionBox850mah-PINKZeb] - $59.99 : GotVapes.com, E-cigarette Supplies - Atomizers Cartomizers Mods Juice and more (My first vv device, so seemed like a good start!), I tried it at 4 volts on there, and I didn't think the taste was as good though, I was getting a slight burnt flavor, at 3.7 its absolutley perfect..and using on there the vapor production is the best I've had by far. (And Ladies out there...I got this mod in the Pink Zebra pattern and its just the cutest little gadget I've ever seen! Its smaller than it looks in the pic, very light..I love it!)

The taste with the Phoenix on my eGo-T has been clean & crisp from the start, and only seems to be getting better as I break it in. I've gone through about 3ml on it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread