What are you making today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
@RandallK That sounds like a good recipe! Not for me as I can't stand melon but looks good :) I have koolada but I've never used it might have to come up with something!

How can you not like melon? :p

Jokes aside, which brand of Pear are you using in the Tears of Pears recipe? Please say TFA, it's the only Pear flavour I currently have lol :D

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
Lol yes it's TFA Pear. I quite like it. I've used it in a few recipes - idk if it's saying much cuz I haven't tried any other pears but to me it's good. Actually that whole recipe is TFA.

When I see a recipe that looks good to me I always just use whatever brand I have if it's possible anyways.

Oh and I like watermelon! It's those other melons I can't stand - blech lollll....

Sent from Tapatalk?

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
Lol yes it's TFA Pear. I quite like it. I've used it in a few recipes - idk if it's saying much cuz I haven't tried any other pears but to me it's good. Actually that whole recipe is TFA.

When I see a recipe that looks good to me I always just use whatever brand I have if it's possible anyways.

Oh and I like watermelon! It's those other melons I can't stand - blech lollll....

Sent from Tapatalk?

Cheers for the reply :)

I tried TFA Pear on it's own when I first started doing DIY(nearly 2 months)and it tasted horrible, very chemically, so I left it to steep for over a week. The chemical taste was still there, so that's been left still sitting in my drawer lol - need to try it again!

The next test was FTA Pear with FA Kiwi and that was a much better mix, again the chemical taste was there, but after a few days steep I couldn't taste it anymore.

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
Cheers for the reply :)

I tried TFA Pear on it's own when I first started doing DIY(nearly 2 months)and it tasted horrible, very chemically, so I left it to steep for over a week. The chemical taste was still there, so that's been left still sitting in my drawer lol - need to try it again!

The next test was FTA Pear with FA Kiwi and that was a much better mix, again the chemical taste was there, but after a few days steep I couldn't taste it anymore.
Hmmm. That's weird. I wonder if it was the amount you used? I made a snake oil clone with it as well and it was great right of the bat same with that other recipe. But the % is pretty low I'm not going to like 10 - 15%.

Sent from Tapatalk?

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
Hmmm. That's weird. I wonder if it was the amount you used? I made a snake oil clone with it as well and it was great right of the bat same with that other recipe. But the % is pretty low I'm not going to like 10 - 15%.

Sent from Tapatalk?

I only used 4%.

I've seen a few posts with people saying they've used it at 10 - 15%, but with it tasting that bad at only 4%, I didn't see how adding more of it would help lol.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
That sounds good. Who makes the hazelnut praline and how is it on it's own, if you don't mind my asking.

This one is from The flavours apprentice. I haven't tried it on its own but after doing a search someone has put use at 5% then 2/5 so if thats 2 out of 5 they didn't like it. I suspect on its own it may be so so. I just used it to add a nut component.

Dusif

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Denmark
Im making a double steeped tobacco liquid

3% mellow sunset
3% dark fire
1% nutella
1% vanilla

Let it steep for a week with frequent mixing/heating

And tomorrow or the day after i will add

3% honey cured
And
1-2% peanut butter

And let it steep some more again

Im thinking this liquid will be a good strong tobacco with hints of vanilla and peanut butter on the inhale and a weak nutella on the exhale... Im hoping the honey cured will give it a nice rounded taste

SthrnCelt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Columbia, SC
Today I'm going to try another melon mix lol.

Watermelon - 8% (FA)
Sweet Watermelon - 3% (CAP)
Honeydew Melon - 4% (CAP)
Kiwi - 1% (FA)
Koolada - 2%

It will probably turn out crap, but one can only try :D

Edit: Well I made a small 5ml batch and I have to give myself a pat on the back lol - it's pretty nice :)

There is the slightest of floral taste atm, but I'm pretty confident that will disappear after a good steep. I'll report back on this one in a few days time and post my results.

:vapor:

Could I make a suggestion Randall? And mind you this is just me sitting here thinking what I would do with this mix to make it the bomb....AND the fact that I've yet to use Koolada.

Why not either cut back some on the watermelon or otherwise eliminate the honeydew. As a personal preference I try to keep overall flavor percentages 21% or less. So if you cut about 2% of the total you have here that would leave you with 5% unused. I would fill that up with TFA Cotton Candy or perhaps Sweet Cream. I could be wrong but I think it would round off those melons nicely...especially helping the Capella's which I've found needs a little buffering.

If I'm hitting from the ladies' tees here please let me know. I'm always trying to learn :)

SthrnCelt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Columbia, SC
Well I did come creating yesterday. I think it has some good potential but I also think I need a better Peach flavor and let me tell you folks...I'm all ears. I love Peach...especially the candy/soda flavor. Anyway, I call it Sploosh (you can see at e-liquid-recipes) and 5 points to the first one who knows where I got that word from! :)

Juicy Peach (CAP) 5%
Cotton Candy (TFA) 4%
Brown Sugar (TFA) 3%
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 3%
Pear (TFA) 2%
Cinnamon Roll (FW) 2%
Malted Milk (TFA) 2%

I suggest aging for 10 days but I tried today after making yesterday and it's very good. If anyone has suggestions for making this better I'm listening.

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
Well I did come creating yesterday. I think it has some good potential but I also think I need a better Peach flavor and let me tell you folks...I'm all ears. I love Peach...especially the candy/soda flavor. Anyway, I call it Sploosh (you can see at e-liquid-recipes) and 5 points to the first one who knows where I got that word from! :)

Juicy Peach (CAP) 5%
Cotton Candy (TFA) 4%
Brown Sugar (TFA) 3%
Vanilla Custard (CAP) 3%
Pear (TFA) 2%
Cinnamon Roll (FW) 2%
Malted Milk (TFA) 2%

I suggest aging for 10 days but I tried today after making yesterday and it's very good. If anyone has suggestions for making this better I'm listening.

You should get FA's White Peach. Tastes a lot like those peach ring candies.

SthrnCelt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Columbia, SC
You should get FA's White Peach. Tastes a lot like those peach ring candies.

Thanks Kable. I'll add that to my next order. However I'll say that after another day this recipe is really making me grin! I've been vaping it all day...gonna have to make a bottle to sit and rest so I can try it after some aging.

SthrnCelt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Columbia, SC
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread