butter cream 2%
graham cracker 2%
marshmallow 3%

Green Apple Danish

green apple 4%
vanilla bean ice cream 4%
cinnamon danish 2%
cinnamon sugar cookie. 3% vanilla swirl 1.5%

So I had a little help from a friend with these but they came out awesome and were a huge eye opener. I had been going by "you need high flavor percentages" in your mixes that way you don't have to steep. Well these are pretty low and I always taste my mixes right away & they were really good! I use all VG except for what's in the flavors and I had been making all my mixes like 20 - 30 % flavoring. They were good right away but what I noticed with most of them is some of the flavors actually seemed to diminish with time -- weird?

anyway - this was interesting for me as I had been following just one way of doing things. These were great off the bat and gradually got better with time - as I feel a juice should. I'm thinking maybe I should shift my way of mixing a bit? I still will never be that person who mixes and waits weeks for a juice though!

Sent from Tapatalk?

That no name recipe looks AWESOME!! My PG/VG ratios are alot different from yours, but I will definitely be giving that recipe a try today. Thanks

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
Ok so this is what I've made recently:

No Name -- Yum?
sweet cream. 2%
whipped cream 3%
bavarian cream 2%
dairy milk 1.5%
butter cream 2%
graham cracker 2%
marshmallow 3%

Green Apple Danish

green apple 4%
vanilla bean ice cream 4%
cinnamon danish 2%
cinnamon sugar cookie. 3% vanilla swirl 1.5%

So I had a little help from a friend with these but they came out awesome and were a huge eye opener. I had been going by "you need high flavor percentages" in your mixes that way you don't have to steep. Well these are pretty low and I always taste my mixes right away & they were really good! I use all VG except for what's in the flavors and I had been making all my mixes like 20 - 30 % flavoring. They were good right away but what I noticed with most of them is some of the flavors actually seemed to diminish with time -- weird?

anyway - this was interesting for me as I had been following just one way of doing things. These were great off the bat and gradually got better with time - as I feel a juice should. I'm thinking maybe I should shift my way of mixing a bit? I still will never be that person who mixes and waits weeks for a juice though!

Sent from Tapatalk?

Omg! Monica the green apple Danish looks great!!!! I can't wait to try this out, thanks for sharing! It looks like it will be tasty with other fruits too...blueberry, peach, etc...

Exchaner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2013
California
Wild West (12mg 50/50)
All flavorings are FA

1.1% Maxx Blend
1% 7 Leaves
0.83% Desert Ship
0.67% Latakia
0.5% Oakwood
0.33% Black Fire

I have tried Maxx Blend, 7Leaves, Latakia and Black Fire by themselves, but never together. Interesting combination. Which flavor dominates the mix, any particular one?

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
I have tried Maxx Blend, 7Leaves, Latakia and Black Fire by themselves, but never together. Interesting combination. Which flavor dominates the mix, any particular one?

Nothing in particular is super dominant right now, I'd say the strongest note is probably Maxx Blend, but only by a hair. Black Fire is potent, so that still comes through, as does the Desert Ship. The rest mostly add complexity at the moment, but I'm really eager to see how this mix does after aging a couple weeks or more. Tested on .5 ohm micro coil with Japanese cotton in a Vulcan (~25 watts) and on an aspire bvc head with billet bridge in a Billet Box.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Wild West (12mg 50/50)
All flavorings are FA

1.1% Maxx Blend
1% 7 Leaves
0.83% Desert Ship
0.67% Latakia
0.5% Oakwood
0.33% Black Fire

Very interesting mix there. I definitely need to pick up another bottle of 7leaves and I'm also wanting to try the Oakwood as well. Be sure and let us know how it turns out with steeping.

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
Omg! Monica the green apple Danish looks great!!!! I can't wait to try this out, thanks for sharing! It looks like it will be tasty with other fruits too...blueberry, peach, etc...
Thanks!! It is SO good but I wanted to tell you and anyone else who makes this that I just vaped it today & the background flavors have really developed...I don't think they're too strong I think they're perfect. I just think the Green Apple is too weak.

At first it was good - seemed like a good percentage but now after a few days or what a week? The Green Apple has really faded into the background.

Depending on what you're looking for I would keep everything as is but UP the fruit -- next time I make this if I do it again with Green Apple (cuz like u pointed out we could make this with so many fruits!) I would probably go

8% Green Apple
4% Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
2% Cinnamon Danish
3% Cinnamon Sugar Cookie
1.5% Vanilla Swirl

Enjoy! And ty all for your great recipes!

Sent from Tapatalk?

SthrnCelt

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2013
Columbia, SC
No idea how it will taste (lots of negative feedback on Butterscotch from TPA I know) but it smells fantastic. Will try on the 20th of this month.

I call it Just Goo It All TPA flavors

30 ML
60/40 VG/PG

Vanilla Bean Ice Cream 8%
Butterscotch 3%
Toasted Almond 2%
Toasted Marshmallow 2%
White Chocolate 2%
5 drops of 10% EM from bottle dropper

Also made a Castle Long clone I can't tell any difference in smell from the original. Will have a verdict on that in a couple weeks I'm sure.

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I'd run out of my Tiger's Blood and Black Licorice, so made 10 mL each of those. Also wanted a rich vanilla custard. I've borrowed these recipes from other sources, but I did throw in a touch of sweetener to the TB this time to see if the fruits pop a little more.

Sthrn, I swiped a CL clone from kritikalmass.net (and at the time I didn't have AP, so I subbed banana nut bread) I have a bottle of 5P CL, and I can't taste the difference :)

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I mixed some Hangsen Litchi at 4%. I don't how to describe the flavor because I've never tasted anything like it before, but it's good. I'd highly recommend this to anyone wanting to try a sweet fruit flavor.

I also mixed a tobacco concoction. All Hangsen except the tobacco is VZ Virginia flue cured.

VZ VFCT 1%
Vanilla 3%
Ice Cream 2%
Coconut 2%

Not that great lol. I'll have to think of something to add to this one. :vapor:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
so fuji apple ive mixed it in place of my tfa apple in a couple of my recipes and i will be getting my tfa apple back and trying to find the sweet spot on the FA fuji , its not bad just different so working with it for a month or so i should figure it out

Did you try a straight-up substitution in percentages? Fuji does not need a lot at all. I use Fuji sometimes as low as 1.0-1.5% and do just fine, though it can go up of course, but I would not go too high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread