Status
Not open for further replies.

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
Did you try a straight-up substitution in percentages? Fuji does not need a lot at all. I use Fuji sometimes as low as 1.0-1.5% and do just fine, though it can go up of course, but I would not go too high.

My post before this one was my first recipe with Fuji Apple, but I definitely concur with this. 1.5% is plenty strong. Although I'm always bewildered when I see recipes using 10 or 15 percent of anything, so I won't pretend to know what someone else will prefer.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
My post before this one was my first recipe with Fuji Apple, but I definitely concur with this. 1.5% is plenty strong. Although I'm always bewildered when I see recipes using 10 or 15 percent of anything, so I won't pretend to know what someone else will prefer.

It really depends on the flavor, but yeah, it's not only tastes, but gear and a whole assortment of other things that leads to super high percentages for others. But if a max VG liquid is only at 65% VG due to flavoring, it's not a recipe for me. LOL

And about Fuji: I think it's a great flavor, HOWEVER, I found that the more bakery-type flavors it does not go all that well with (at least for me). But for fruit/tea/or just bright type mixes -- the type I lean more and more toward -- it suits me just fine. I tried making bakery-type apple liquids with Fuij and decided that it's not the apple for those (it sticks out too much), and since I pretty much only use Fuji, I just don't do apple bakery-types anymore.

Wolfenstark

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2014
Perth , Australia
Not really a good day for me to mix because my sinuses are acting up a little, but I did anyway.

All Hangsen.

Coconut 2%
Strawberry 3%
Watermelon 2%

Pretty good. I think it might indeed need some sweetener, but I'll let it sit for a couple of days and then decide.
Thanks Wolfenstark

Mine still needed something more so I added some honey flavour - you could try more sweetener.

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
It really depends on the flavor, but yeah, it's not only tastes, but gear and a whole assortment of other things that leads to super high percentages for others. But if a max VG liquid is only at 65% VG due to flavoring, it's not a recipe for me. LOL

And about Fuji: I think it's a great flavor, HOWEVER, I found that the more bakery-type flavors it does not go all that well with (at least for me). But for fruit/tea/or just bright type mixes -- the type I lean more and more toward -- it suits me just fine. I tried making bakery-type apple liquids with Fuij and decided that it's not the apple for those (it sticks out too much), and since I pretty much only use Fuji, I just don't do apple bakery-types anymore.

Gear is definitely a factor, as is the flavor and brand, and I'm guessing some people inaccurately estimate based on drops or something but who knows. I've always started on the low side and just never felt the need to go too high, so maybe I'm missing out.

Yeah, this doesn't taste like the type of apple you would want to make bakery recipes with. More like a candy apple, so I'll probably make more candy or fruit type recipes with it.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Mine still needed something more so I added some honey flavour - you could try more sweetener.

I'm going to bump the strawberry up a little and add some sweetener. This is like a great kool aid vape, and for some reason I'm thinking it would be great with a fizz added to it. Rin13 uses FA wine champagne and cinnamon to add fizz to one of her mixes, so I'm planning on picking some up to experiment with. I'm thinking this would be a good recipe to try it on.

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
So what I've made recently. Nothing spectacular - I need to go back thru these posts for ideas!

Very Vanilla

Bavarian Cream - 1%
Brown sugar - 2%
Vanilla Cupcake - 1%
French Vanilla - 2 %
Sweet Cream - 0.5%
Vbic - 2%

Butterscotch - Arnies

Butterscotch - 9%
Honey - 2%
Butter Cream - 3%
Caramel - 2%
Sweet Cream - 2%
Cotton Candy - 1%
Sweetener - 3%
(Yes I'm pretty sure it's tfa butterscotch although it could be capella I'd have to check. It's actually pretty good so maybe it's capellas?!)

Sent from Tapatalk?

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I don't know if I'd call this a clone, but I was thinking about Frankenvape when I made this. It's been probably a year and a half since I've tried Frankenvape, so I don't know how this compares, but I'm liking it:

20/80 PG/VG @ 3mg
3% FA Kiwi
2% FA Marshmallow
2% Sweetener
1% FA Raspberry

I don't have Raspberry so I think I might try this with strawberry instead. My Hangsen strawberry is good but weak and I definitely need to find some combinations for it. Back in a minute lol.

Edit: Well as it turns out this didn't work out. I don't understand. I like kiwi and strawberries but I didn't care for this. Oh well back to the drawing boards.

Last edited:

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
I don't have Raspberry so I think I might try this with strawberry instead. My Hangsen strawberry is good but weak and I definitely need to find some combinations for it. Back in a minute lol.

I think the raspberry gives a tangy pop to the kiwi that works well, but I was considering trying other things too. Let me know what you try and how it works out.

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
I think the raspberry gives a tangy pop to the kiwi that works well, but I was considering trying other things too. Let me know what you try and how it works out.

I was really surprised that my mix didn't work out. It may have been the flavors I'm using and it might have improved with steeping, but I didn't like it well enough to give it a chance.

Kable

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 29, 2012
Davis, CA
Yeah, I tried a few other things instead of raspberry, and they didn't seem to work out as well. I had tried making something like this a while back with tfa flavoring and didn't have any luck there either. For me, it seems like these flavors (and brand) were the way I could get this to work. I can't guarantee you'll like it, but if you pick up some FA raspberry in the future I think it'd be worth trying again.

jonnychadootz

ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2014
Westchester, NY
I'd run out of my Tiger's Blood and Black Licorice, so made 10 mL each of those. Also wanted a rich vanilla custard. I've borrowed these recipes from other sources, but I did throw in a touch of sweetener to the TB this time to see if the fruits pop a little more.

Sthrn, I swiped a CL clone from kritikalmass.net (and at the time I didn't have AP, so I subbed banana nut bread) I have a bottle of 5P CL, and I can't taste the difference :)

Damn shame running out of the Tigers Blood, heard good things about the Charlie Sheen mixture :)

ukeman

PV Masher
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Kauai, Hawaii
I mixed some Hangsen Litchi at 4%. I don't how to describe the flavor because I've never tasted anything like it before, but it's good. I'd highly recommend this to anyone wanting to try a sweet fruit flavor.

I have a fixation with Lychee/Litchi for years now, after trying Bamskilicious Lychee (the #1 commercial Lychee juice).
Hangsen has a nice take on it (found its more expensive though). 4 to 6%
FA good. at 3 to 5%
CAP good. at 8 to 12%
TFA totally different and not sweetish at all; tart... i wouldn't go over 3 or 4% or it tasted like green onions!

I like to add some Sweet Cream TFA to it (1 to 2 %)
A touch of good Pineapple is said to make it like Bamski... ymmv :)
I swear Lychee will make a great additive to a fruit blend... especially any tropical fruits.

I get totally weirded out from trying to make combinations... my brain freaks at the endless possibilities and just can't handle the "what ifs"
I do have a Tropical Punch blend that I will post later (made while in a more objective frame of mind back when). LoL

Randall.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Manchester, UK
Today I'm going to try another melon mix lol.

Watermelon - 8% (FA)
Sweet Watermelon - 3% (CAP)
Honeydew Melon - 4% (CAP)
Kiwi - 1% (FA)
Koolada - 2%

It will probably turn out crap, but one can only try :D

Edit: Well I made a small 5ml batch and I have to give myself a pat on the back lol - it's pretty nice :)

There is the slightest of floral taste atm, but I'm pretty confident that will disappear after a good steep. I'll report back on this one in a few days time and post my results.

:vapor:

Last edited:

MonicaRae

ECF Veteran
@RandallK That sounds like a good recipe! Not for me as I can't stand melon but looks good :) I have koolada but I've never used it might have to come up with something!
So I made a bunch of different things recently this is a few:

Rice Crunchies (variation #3)

Rice Crunchies - 6%
Marshmallow - 5%
Sweetener - 3%
Butter - 3%
Dairy - 2%
Good! Takes a good hour for the butter to settle or maybe it's the creams either way about an hour or 2 after mixing it settles nicely.

Tears of Pears

Pear - 5%
Raspberry - 3%
Blueberry Extra - 2%
Ry4 - 2%
Bavarian Cream - 1%
Sweetener/EM - 1%
Found this recipe online originally called for Dragonfruit instead of Pear. Freakin great with the pear though.

French Toast w. BlackBerry

Waffle - 10%
Vanilla Swirl - 4%
Cinnamon Danish - 4%
Blackberry - 5%
(Cinnamon danish cld possibly be upped or maybe a teeny amt of cinnamon spice added)

Sent from Tapatalk?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread