Status
Not open for further replies.

jennifergib7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2009
60 mi E of Lex, KY
www.facebook.com
I myself have been vaping for over a year. I vape with Prodigy 5V. I use a drip-tip because I drip. I use ejuice from MFS. I just use tenergy batteries, two RCR123A 3.0v. I have tried the DSE801, Joye 510 and DSE901. My ultimate preference is the DSE-901 (3.0 - 3.4 ohms) for flavor and TH. My main issue is the life-span of my attys. Sometimes I go through 3 a day, and sometimes they last 3-4 weeks. As I mentioned, I am not new to this, I know how to vape.

I read the ECF as time permits, but my questions are (with regard to 5 VOLTS only):

1. What is the majority of veterans using?

2. What is the lifespan of your atty?

3. Is there something newer that I might try to enhance my satisfaction with the life of my attys?

4. Because I like 5 volt vaping, is there anyone out there like me that became satisfied w/ 3.7 vaping?

Lately my 901 atty's have been coming with the silver washer inside. They seem to want to 'burp' or 'pop' (in mouth) during breaking-in stage. Is this new way of manufacturing?

Thanks for your help.

Jennifer

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
5V is not easy to pull off, and attys do last less time at HV. But 3 attys a day means you are running them dry too much and getting them too hot. That's a lot of precious attys to lose!!

I only have experience with 510 gear, 3.7V, "true" 3.7V, and 5V. But the reason you like the 901 at 5V is likely because the resistance is higher on 901 attys than 510s, ~3.2 ohm vs ~2.5 ohms, respectively. 510 attys on 5V is too much for me, too hot, and way too hard to control.

However, 510 cartos, which are 3.0-3.5 ohms, are absolutely great at 5V! they are cheap ($1.50 each), and mine last at least 2 weeks, maybe more. Always consistent vapor and flavor. They are also just fine on my true 3.7V box mods. A bit weak on a regular 3.7V 510 batt (operates at about 3.1V, thus not "true" 3.7V). I don't have the patience to drip all the time, and to be honest, once I started using cartos, my 510 atty stash has been sitting unused for weeks now. I use both Boge and SLB 510 cartos, but I like the Boge the best. Easy to fill, last a very long time between fills, and really hold up to 5V vaping well, unlike most attys.

Another option is to get higher resistance attys. The DSE510 attys are around 3.2 ohms, and do well on 5V. There are other even higher resistance attys in the 4.5-5.5 ohm range (NHaler). Have not tried these, as I am very satisfied with the cartos. Personally I think cartos are the better option on several levels compared to attys at 5V.

Other vets can jump in about the 901 washer thing. DSE510 attys have the washer too. The popping is likely just juice getting very hot, and is not likely something to worry about...unless you are going through attys fast.

rolygate

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2009
ECF Towers
Q2: Standard 510 atties last me months on 5 volts. But - I pay for good quality.

Atty blowers are usually drippers, so there's a lesson there for you - only if it's simply that you have to pay more for that usage method. Maybe cart users don't blow atties half as much because there is an enclosed chamber with a much higher humidity level, which keeps things cooler than the open-ended dripping arrangement. Just a quick hypothesis. :)

People using a 510 at 5 volts tend to keep their drags short and their atties wet, or hot lung and atty burnout can result.

Q3: Get an 801 adapter, and try out the 801 system? Because the atty resistance is higher than a 510's, it's cooler and has more flavor, plus (in theory) is longer-lasting.

The 510 at 5 volts is so hot many don't like it - especially flavor fiends. I use it when I need a big hit, for flavor it's the 801.

Q4: I've gone back down to a Tornado + LR atty a lot of the time. It's cooler than the 510 on 5 volts and makes a nice change, with some flavors. Cheap to run, too. That's not even 3.7 volts, but does the job. Still gets 7 watts or so of power I think - which turns out to be enough for some flavors / some times of the day, whatever. Also easier to use out & about than my 5v boxmod.

Seems to me that the 901 is something of a midway point between a 510 and an 801, so I use those instead. There's a big difference in effect between those two so you can pick what you need, to suit a flavor or your whim. The 5 volt boxmod and Tornado do it all, for me.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I use 5v almost constantly.

I use LR 510s from Eastmall and reg attys from eastmall. 510s.

They last me from a week to a month usually and I only drip using a drip tip.

I dont use 901s as they dont seem to last.

I use to use 801s a long time ago and found they didnt last me either,

Yew I said I use LR 510s at 5v and they last me fine and have been for months.

I only use Eastmall Attys for LR. they have lasted me the longest. At 3 bucks a piece you cant go wrong for the best LR out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread