What atomizers do you like on the REO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torke

May 27, 2010
St. Louis, MO
So this may be borderline OT but can a 510-801 stealth adapter go bad? I have the Avid stealth adapter and a 801 that I was using for a day and a half on my grand which I was really enjoying. I had to refill my juice and while I had everything apart I decided to do some cleaning and when I put everything back together the atty is not firing. I don't have anything to test if it's the adapter (if it can go bad) or if it's the atty.

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
So this may be borderline OT but can a 510-801 stealth adapter go bad? I have the Avid stealth adapter and a 801 that I was using for a day and a half on my grand which I was really enjoying. I had to refill my juice and while I had everything apart I decided to do some cleaning and when I put everything back together the atty is not firing. I don't have anything to test if it's the adapter (if it can go bad) or if it's the atty.

I don't think your adapter can bad. It has a floating pin so maybe it moved while you were cleaning it. Adjust it so that the battery end of the adapter (the one exposed) is just sticking a hair out. In the past I would use a good working 510 or 306 for reference on how far it should be sticking out. I would invest in a multimeter. Isaac is selling one for $10 I believe and he's restocked his inventory so maybe throw in a few attys while your there :)

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I don't think your adapter can bad. It has a floating pin so maybe it moved while you were cleaning it. Adjust it so that the battery end of the adapter (the one exposed) is just sticking a hair out. In the past I would use a good working 510 or 306 for reference on how far it should be sticking out. I would invest in a multimeter. Isaac is selling one for $10 I believe and he's restocked his inventory so maybe throw in a few attys while your there :)

Good call, Jay.

On my adapter, I keep that pin/screw just a wee bit lower than the top of the threads of the adapter and it works great.

Torke

May 27, 2010
St. Louis, MO
Thanks, I actually have an order in with Iken already for a couple shorties. I liked the 801 so much I ordered extras yesterday but I was still expecting more than 1 1/2 days with a brand new atty. (I did not get that one from Iken)

In the meantime my last 510 quit working which was not very old either. So I'm back on analogs, very frustrating.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Thanks, I actually have an order in with Iken already for a couple shorties. I liked the 801 so much I ordered extras yesterday but I was still expecting more than 1 1/2 days with a brand new atty. (I did not get that one from Iken)

In the meantime my last 510 quit working which was not very old either. So I'm back on analogs, very frustrating.

Elite Vaporworks
26 Stone Mill Ln.
St. Peters, MO 63376
888-95-VAPOR

If they're close enough and offer pick up service, I'm sure they could hook you up with attys. Give 'em a call.

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas

So sorry. Don't be too rough on yourself.

I was cleaning out DH's car last night and found a new pack of Winston Lights on the passenger floorboard, just under the seat. DH, after six months of vaping, still has an occasional analog and keeps a pack around the house or in the car. So I brought them in. He said he was hiding them from me and the place he purchased them from didn't have Capri. For doGness sakes, I know he has one every once in a while and he knows I know but he still feels like he needs to hide the fact. Just too much stress on oneself, I think.

Last night I lit up a cig, to try after a couple of months of not having any (I guess I average maybe 3 analogs a month since I started vaping in Aug 2010). It was terrible. This was a Winston Light which I used to like when smoking. The other ones I've smoked are ones I used to hate, Capri 120 pink and they taste much better now.

I don't sweat having an analog every once in a while. Although I was about as addicted, to smoking as anyone can be, smoking 2.5 to 3 pad American Spirit Organic, and going into severe withdrawal, the times I cold turkey quit, with hypnosis and/or acupuncture, that never lasted very long, since second month of vaping I haven't felt the urge to go back to analogs even if I have a couple ot three. It is always nice to rediscover how horrible they are.

So don't be too hard on yourself for smoking some analogs. Just get back to vaping ASAP.

Alice

Last edited:

Emris

Time Lord
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well im right across the river in Granite City if you need an atty or some cartos!

Torke

May 27, 2010
St. Louis, MO
I really appreciate the offers/advice. I do have an ego-t at home that i can get through a day or two on so the analog relapse hopefully won't last too long. I did go out and get a multimeter at lunch and tested this 510. It is still reading 2 ohms but I'm not getting any noise on the continuity test. I don't really know what this means but I will do some more research and see if it can be brought back from the dead.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I use LR510 attys from EastMall & Greenhouse One. I tried the Cisco attys, which worked OK, but the price per atty is too high for my budget, and the attys from China have worked great for me @ $3.00 ea. in packs of five.

What kind of shipping rates do you pay? Just curious.

benjayman2

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 29, 2010
Chicago, IL
I really appreciate the offers/advice. I do have an ego-t at home that i can get through a day or two on so the analog relapse hopefully won't last too long. I did go out and get a multimeter at lunch and tested this 510. It is still reading 2 ohms but I'm not getting any noise on the continuity test. I don't really know what this means but I will do some more research and see if it can be brought back from the dead.

Are either of your attys firing when you try them on your ego? If they are it may be your battery your using in your grand.
I think I posted this in another thread here, but here is who I go about checking why my atty is not firing.

1) Blow atty out from the mouth side through the battery end to see if I flooded it.
2) Check if my battery is dead
3) Check position of center post of atty
4) Check if my atty is dead
5) Clean thread connection with a little vodka
6) Check firing pin
7) Email Rob

I would never get past 4 and usually past 2 to be honest before I figured it out. Really hate to see you resort to analogs especially since your getting a reading from your atty with the mm. Hope you get it sorted out.

Last edited:

windylou723

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2009
East Central MN, USA
Hi all,
I have a question about atomizers. I just bought a Black/Purple Reo Mini, received it yesterday (it is BEAUTIFUL, by the way!). My regular 510's are ok on it, but not getting a whole lot of vapor, throat hit, satisfaction. Are LR 510's and LR 306's really that big of a difference on the Reo Mini's, and why is that?
I do have some I ordered from Avid Vaper (the ones Cisco makes, in both 510 and 306) so am waiting to see what all the fuss is about. I am really hoping they make a big difference!

Edit to add: I had ordered the 1.5 ohm "specials", but after hearing the 2.0 ohm were better for taste, I asked about it, and Cisco told me my order could be switched to the 2.0 ohm atties. Haven't heard back, so I don't know which ohm's were actually sent, so it will be a surprise. Which ohm's do you guys prefer and why?

Last edited:

CJLite

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2010
USA
Hi Windy. Yes, LR atties make a huge difference. The voltage of the battery and the resistance of the atomizer are both ingredients in how much power/wattage is generated. The more wattage/power generated, the hotter the atty and the greater the throat kick. Here is a list of how many watts are generated at 3.7v for different atties. The differences are significant in regards to vaping experience ...

At 3.7v, a 2.5-ohm atty will generate 5.476 watts
At 3.7v, a 2.0-ohm atty will generate 6.845 watts
At 3.7v, a 1.5-ohm atty will generate 9.12667 watts

The above example is kind of a simplification. There are other things that can affect the amount of wattage. For instance, some batts (like Li-Ion 14500 batts) won't discharge enough current (amps) to get the optimal wattage out of an LR atty. That's why it's a good idea to run the Li-Mn high-drain batts in your Mini to get the full effect out of your LR atties.

Hope that helps.

Hi all,
I have a question about atomizers. I just bought a Black/Purple Reo Mini, received it yesterday (it is BEAUTIFUL, by the way!). My regular 510's are ok on it, but not getting a whole lot of vapor, throat hit, satisfaction. Are LR 510's and LR 306's really that big of a difference on the Reo Mini's, and why is that?
I do have some I ordered from Avid Vaper (the ones Cisco makes, in both 510 and 306) so am waiting to see what all the fuss is about. I am really hoping they make a big difference!

Last edited:

windylou723

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2009
East Central MN, USA
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread