Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomoreash

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2010
Chattanooga, TN
I will always recommend vv over a fixed volt mod. Just makes life much easier, more customizable and you don't have to worry about matching ohms to voltage to get the vape your looking for, plus you can use your current attys or cartos with a vv just cut the voltage down where you couldn't with a 6v mod without changing battery configurations which is another expense.

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
I tried to make myself content w/ switching between 3.7v and 6v and failed repeatedly. That feel of a fresh battery at 4.2/4.1v was ideal and it really started making me notice the battery drop-off. Go w/ a Vv and keep a static all-mechanical as a backup w/ LR attys.

I have a ProVari and I'm fairly happy with it. There is no reason for me to replace it and I think one reason it's in the classys so much is because it's a reliable workhorse and people notice how much better they are so they also trick their minds into "upgrading". Part of the compulsive/addictive side of vaping. I don't think it's a negative reflection on the ProVari at all.

With that said, the ProVari is kinda sterile to me without being sexy. I have a few from the Precise line which is static, sterile, plain in terms of features, but it's solid and really bloody sexy. I can't think of a better or more pleasing fixed 3.7/6v mod. However, I'm replacing my ProVari with a Vv GRIP because I want something more unique. It won't have all the bells and whistles but it still beats the ProVari out in my gut. -Magnus

Capt.Louisville

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 4, 2011
Louisville, KY
This may not be much help but... I have both. The ProVari is my favorite. The ability to dial in to whatever juice & atty combo your using has to be experienced to believe. I like being able to check battery life and atty resistance as well. I would use it exclusively but its heavy & I worry about damaging it while out, at work, etc. The UltraMax is versatile (3.7V 17670 & 6V 2xRCR123A), reliable (mechanical switch), durable and the RES means less filling. They each have their place. I typically use the ProVari @ home & the UltraMax @ work. You might think about getting an inexpensive VV (Madvapes has one for $35 I think) to see if you like it. Or if you have the means, get both. If you want to get rid of either it won't be a problem on the classifieds.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread