What do we all to make money to pay for our Provaris/ vape gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Freefall_Doug

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Locomotive Engineer for CSX Transportation.

That is awesome. When I was younger I worked summers at a Naval base near my hometown that had their own private(gov) rail line which service storage depots and a finger pier system.

I worked in the round house as a locomotive mechanics assistant, jack of all trades. We were using old GE diesel locomotives, 1950's era box cars. I got to do everything from replace blowers, pretend to be a breaker switcher, service box cars. Assist in derailment recoveries, the engineers loved to drop them off the rails!

I enjoyed working around trains, there is something awe inspiring about them. They also demanded respect, lots and lots of respect.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I owned several small businesses in the 70's and 80's, but also was a field engineer all through the 80's (until 1990) for a huge German company in all of the 16 western states (from the Dakota's to West Texas to Hawaii and Alaska). I've considered myself retired with no pension since 1990. So all my toys come out of savings, the same place all my other expenses did for 20 years until SS kicked in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread