What do you do about the nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

opal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
I'm new also.. started vaping Oct 9th. I was a half a pack or so a day smoker.. ultra light menthols - but for 35 years of varying amounts.. always menthol though.
I ordered 12 mg, 6 mg and 0 mg juices - somehow knowing that once I got ahold of chocolate and some of the other flavors.. I'd go WAY overboard on the nicotine.
I do chain vape but keep nano's and clearos filled with all three strengths so I can keep an eye on what I'm taking in. I get a bit of a headache and a horrendous hotflash if I get too much nic so having the 0 mg around has been great.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
As I go down in nic levels, I find that juices I used to think were too harsh are just right at lower nic levels. Dekang DK-TAB is one. It's a great juice, but throat hit goes up with the nic level. RY4 is another.

As you reduce nic, lots of avenues open up. Try some that used to kick your ...., but at a lower nic level. You might find that the flavor is great with less nic.

vazsev

Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
US
I have 24 for the tough times and 12 in the same flavors for chain vaping times and kinda rough mix the two for other levels like 50/50 most of the time for work.

Im the same way, i keep a bottle of 24mg USA mix with me incase I get that real bad craving, especially having quit about a week and a half ago, i still get those craving pretty often but that nigh nic content really helps especially because of the hard throat hit I get.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
How about a whole sub-form and about 1,700 + posts........
Health, Safety and E-Smoking

AttyPops kudos to you for linking the sub-forum. I think reading Health, Safety and E-Smoking should be required reading before you even start postings. It seems like a large number of people would find the answers they seek if they just read a little more. All we can do is relate our personal experiences. We're really not doctors to be giving away medical advice. I think it's funny when the people answering the original posts (not referring to this thread) start arguing among each other that their opinion is the correct one and not others', when they're not medical professionals in the first place.

:vapor:

As all the stop smoking products have found, there are several components of smoking, only one of which is nicotine addiction. One is social, one is "something to do with my hands", and the other is that many of us just like to smoke. I started with 24 mg e-liquid and it knocked out my nicotine cravings at once. I haven't smoked an analog since. But I like the taste and the act of smoking enough to overdo it, with attendant dry mouth, sleeping disruption and even some palpitations. Yikes. When I started ordering more e-juice, I got a whole range from 0-24 mg nic/ml. I rarely hit the 24 any more, use 12 for cravings and either 6, 3 or 0 for enjoying vaping. I've smoked both cigarettes and pipes. Vaping is more like pipe smoking to me. Love the taste, the aromas, sipping my ego-twist over a cup of tea or a drink. I quickly learned what it feels like when I've had enough of the nic, and switch to something lighter. Or -better yet- stick to the lighter ones unless and until I get cravings that aren't being satisfied. Now 2 puffs on the 24 is enough and I'm back to the lighter juice.

dsy5

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2010
New York
I still vape a high nic after 2 years of vaping (24mg - 36mg). I vape a lot, chain-vaping at times, but not to the point of nausea or headaches. The Genesis-style atties do, however, seem to deliver the nic more effectively and I use mostly 24mg in those. For bedtime I have made some zero nic mixes to help with the sleeplessness. But I dislike the fact that there is no throat hit at all. I am not big into throat hit, but there needs to be some, for God's sake. Anyone have any mixing tips for increasing throat hit without resorting to nicotine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread