what do you do? work i mean

Status
Not open for further replies.

RickAppling

ECF Veteran
Feb 9, 2013
Lincoln' NE
I have been in manufacturing for most of the last 40 years. Right now we are in the mist of installing a new ERP system. Been preparing for months. Most of us worked alot of overtime to build ahead in case of a train wreck when it goes live Monday.

I work in manufacturing. My career path has been.... Toolmaker apprentice, toolmaker, tool room supervisor, stamping operations manager.... Now materials manager after corporate decided to shut down my stamping operation and move it to other locations. I now do purchasing, expediting, and subcontractor management. And I manage shipping operations. I have done a lot of everything in my 24 years in manufacturing. Most recently we implemented a new ERP system and that has been my focus for the last 6 months and probably will be for a few more. Manufacturing is hard work these days even if you aren't on the front lines.

fatttymagoo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Rice Lake WI
Im a food manager in a family restaurant franchise. Been working in restaurants since i was 16 (only 8 years but the only thing i know). I think i lucked out, found what i love doing off the bat. Only been with the current franchise for a year and a half, but have been going up since i started. Started as a line cook there and within a few months was told i was in line to manage if a position opened. Well a position opened at a different store (same franchise) an hour away and i took it. Only a few months in but love it. Still strange managing cooks older than me with more experience, but having fun.

Underdawg736

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Lancaster, Pa
For the most part I drive. I was licensed to drive a 72 ton M1A1 Abrams tank before I was licensed to drive a car! Now I'm an EMT-B and for the most part......drive as my partner hates doing so and would rather be in the box! It's nice to be able to stealth vape in an ambulance during busy days when ya just go from call to call all day as opposed to trying to get a analog in before the tones drop again. My partner who also smokes hasn't quite caught onto that notion, but will be quick to refer to my eGo as my crack pipe......whatever!

On the side I do automotive detailing. Not wash and slap some wax on detailing, I'm talking full on paint correction to make a car or whatever I'm working on look better then when it left the factory!

TheWrathOfSanity

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2009
Travis AFB, CA
www.myspace.com
Full time mom & military wife, but I juggle two retail jobs in the evenings.
I've been waiting 6 years for hubby's GI bill to become available for me to use, finally will be in Jan. I'll quit one retail job & reduce my availability of the other once I start night school.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread