what does your username mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Truncheon

ECF Veteran
May 14, 2013
Cincinnati, OH
truncheon came about when a friend and i, long ago when we worked the late shift in the tv control room of a horse track, were bored and decided to create a 'fake' punk band. we came up with album titles, songs, the whole nine yards. thus the imaginary punk band 'truncheon' was born. then realized there was another 'fake' punk band with the same name from the US, so we rebranded our original band 'truncheon u.k.', to differentiate from the US truncheon. at one point, when my friend moved to LA, he went so far as to recruit some musicians to put a few of our fake song titles to actual music/lyrics.

After that, i used 'team truncheon' as my geocaching handle for myself and my kids when we cache, and i've used the moniker 'truncheon' elsewhere online.

i have no avatar yet, as i've not found a good one fitting for ECF...

RedVixen81

Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
San Antonio, TX
RedVixen81 - ... well i used Yahoo for a long time and my name on there was RedneckQ_T...and people just started calling me Red for short and it kinda stuck...the Vixen part came from high school..i go by Vicki for short..a friend of mine is a big batman fan and he stated calling me Vicki Vale all the time...then jokingly he called me Vixen Vale...and well the 81 is obvious.. its the year i was born..

RedVixen81

Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
San Antonio, TX
You guys have such cool names!! Great thread! Mine was pretty simple.... I cant seem to get away from dual coil cartos. And the avatar is a pic of my best buddy Barney, 15 years old and getting better with age!
.. aww i love your senior pug.. i have a pug too and he is giong to be 10 in dec..

BlkWolfMidnight

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2012
Virginia
Blk-Black is my favorite color
Wolf-Favorite Anaimal for many reasons (including a vison quest that I saw a wolf in the moonlight)
Midnight-I hide in shadows a lot as said by a friend of mine, I can be elusive in life.
Avatar-Fits what I saw in the vision quest...closely

Thats pretty much it on that one.

thewrightstuff

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Mineola, NY
Big Met fan here, from NY. This is the name that I have used on NY Mets baseball forums since 2004, which was David Wright's first year with the team, so it just stuck. Always representing my (usually lousy) local baseball team.

(plus, its easier to remember, since I have been using it for so long)

gimmieshelter31

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Baltimore,MD
Mine is simply my favorite song by my favorite band. When I wanted to use it on a music forum long ago, it was taken so I added my house number to the end. The " i " in "gimmie" was on the original album Let It Bleed and the song is also been referred to as Gimme Shelter.

I like the version with the i . One last thing, I'm such a Rolling Stones geek that I have two "tongue" clocks in my man cave, both perpetually set to 7:35 in reference to that time mentioned in one of their songs. A gold star to whomever knows what song that is :).

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Mine is simply my favorite song by my favorite band.

One last thing, I'm such a Rolling Stones geek that I have two "tongue" clocks in my man cave, both perpetually set to 7:35 in reference to that time mentioned in one of their songs. A gold star to whomever knows what song that is

Don'cha think we need a woman's touch to make it come alive?

LIVE WITH ME LYRICS - THE ROLLING STONES

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread