Status
Not open for further replies.

e-pipeman

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 16, 2008
Brown Edge, England
Started on the forum as "pipeman", because of numberless years of tobacco pipe smoking. Then I got a Mini-Pipe, and my username changed to e-pipeman to reflect this ( a great vape until the atomiser died or battery ran out - both of these things usually happened very quickly). My avatar can be found in Turkey originally (the country, not the bird). Why did I choose it? I just like the image. PHD Theses on "The Cultural Significance And Emotional Subtext Of E-Pipeman's Avatar" would be a bit of a waste of time, really.

EddardinWinter

The Philosopher Who Rides
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
Richmond, Va
\

Okay,

My name is an obvious reference to Game of Thrones, to any who have watched season one. So when I started watching Eddard "Ned" Stark was my favorite character. His Honor, his loyalty, his absolute convictions. I was torn though, because I have always had an affinity for the Lion, which is the symbol of House Lannsiter. Not to mention Tywin Lannsiter is just plain awesome, as are his brood of ridiculously clever and conniving children.

Eventually, Lannisters and Starks came to blows. Sadly, Eddards steadfast and rigid ways got him beheaded by the scheming Lannisters. By this time, I had been won over to House Lannsiter for good, but I still respected Eddard. So the first part of the name is a tribute to Ned Stark.

"inWinter" refers to his death at the hands of my beloved Lions of Lannister.

Also, my favorite movie EVER is "The Lion in Winter". Now this movie is simply amazing. The story of Henry II, Eleanor, Richard the Lionheart, John, Phillip of France and their struggles to control England nearing the end of Henry's reign. That is a lot of explanation. I could see no shorter way to do it justice.

Henry II: I've snapped and plotted all my life. There's no other way to be alive, king, and fifty all at once.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread