what does your username mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tanuki is a mythical creature of indulgence and mischief in Japanese folklore. I'm Caucasian but I found the character very interesting when I took Japanese in college. Tanuki have an enormous magical scrotum they can use to fly, or pull over themselves to morph into another appearance and they love saki. (Seriously, I'm not making this up.) There is a tanuki suit in the Mario Bros. franchise (looks like a fox suit sans testes) that allows Mario to fly. The XL is just there because tanuki was taken. There was a popular kids animated series about them as well.

TheJohnG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
SoCal
For many years I could use my name (Groenhof) on the internet without ever finding one like it. No problem getting email addresses or any other type of internet account. A few years ago I sign up for face book, and wham, I'm already there, but I look like a kid. Since I'm kind of old I assume I was around first so I must be "The" John G. and he is some kind of copy.
Seriously? How can his mama step on my name like that, I knew I should have filed for a trademark.

I forgot. he was into Daft Punk as well. I wanted to make it very clear, I am not him!

Last edited:

rsdntbplr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2014
Northamptonshire, England, UK
My username is just a shortening of an alias I use on other, unrelated forums and blogs. It's basically the username I use with all spaces, vowels and capitalisation removed (though this wasn't intentional - I just missed out a few letters and later realised I'd removed all vowels).

I'm a certified naturalist living in the woods in a tiny cabin on the side of a mountain. With wifi. Peace out! =)

that's awesome. I will probably do that eventually. I've been living out of my van and on friend's couches, but I really want to get out in nature more and learn how to survive outside of modern society. when i'm older and no longer want to live like this, ill probably try to settle down somewhere like that.

my username is a reference to my favorite band, johnny hobo and the frright trains, and my favorite number (for no reason) 118

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread