What ecig do you use??? (Regular ecigs vs. Mods.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I use my 2 x VV Ali'i's there my mainstay mods along with my Reo Grand then my Provari, Phidias, and journeyman, I can't survive without Bottom feeders, and can't wait to get my dam Eclipse, won't be long now.!

I agree. Bottom selfjuicing feeders will always be my #1.

JudgeVape

ECF Veteran
Jan 16, 2011
D.C./Maryland
I use a couple of 5V boxmods and a Provari. As much as I like the Provari, I use the boxmods 80% of the time. My normal vaping is at about 5V and the boxmods are so much smaller and lighter. I use the Provari mostly for smooooth vaping at about 5.8V with a HV atomizer.

I also have a 3.7V box mod and a fancier 3.7V tube mod that I use for tasting new juices that I am going to review.

I used a Riva 510 for the first few months I was vaping. I certainly would not try and dissuade someone who wanted to start with a Riva or an eGo. However, if I knew what I know now when I first started, I would have bought the 3.7V box mod (~$25), a multi-charger, a few cheap batteries and some quality LR atomizers from the start.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I use a couple of 5V boxmods and a Provari. As much as I like the Provari, I use the boxmods 80% of the time. My normal vaping is at about 5V and the boxmods are so much smaller and lighter. I use the Provari mostly for smooooth vaping at about 5.8V with a HV atomizer.

I also have a 3.7V box mod and a fancier 3.7V tube mod that I use for tasting new juices that I am going to review.

I used a Riva 510 for the first few months I was vaping. I certainly would not try and dissuade someone who wanted to start with a Riva or an eGo. However, if I knew what I know now when I first started, I would have bought the 3.7V box mod (~$25), a multi-charger, a few cheap batteries and some quality LR atomizers from the start.

+1
I agree! http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/e-cigarette-suppliers-forum/160858-3-7-volt-510-box-mod-2-14500-trustfire-batteries-charger-30-free-shipping-plus-20-ml-juice.html all but the attys.

clodzilla319

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Minnesota
Hey! New to the forum(First post!!)
I started with a No7 SS e-cig... hated it!(too little vapor, horrible taste..etc) then quickly found Liberty-flights.com and picked up a Riva-lite pkg... been using for a few weeks and loving it! but my batteries have seemed to crap-out on me(Abe with Liberty-flights responded relatively quickly to my e-mail, and is workin on fixing my problem!) so in the meantime, I'm back to using my No7 'thing'.. only now I've emptied the cartridge and drip a few drops of 'Good' juice on it when i want to vape.. works a million times better now!! +i've got myself a "Bombshell" on order... cant wait to get that baby!! Woot! Vape on!

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
6211c54f-c2b8-56c2.jpg

Quick note on the map since you asked about leakage. I've had mine for a few weeks(3?) And have had absolutely no leaking. But, I do not lay my mod down with the tank on (with Darwin, you can just leave it in the ARM perpendicular to the body so its always upright). If I take it off, rare, I place it in a prescription bottle to keep it upright. Map tanks are hand made so there will be slight variations in build. Mine came with the endcaps very tight. I struggle to get them off whereas some have said theirs is loose. Imo, it just makes sense that knowing the center tube of the carto can get juice down it, that if you lay it down you should expect it to happen.

*Droid

jbblack

ECF Veteran
Mar 12, 2011
Sherwood, AR
I'm all for simplicity. I'm using a KR808D-1 from smoketip. Instead of packing a ton of carts, I just take one empty cart, fill it up, leave the mouthpiece off, and cut a small hole in the "cart condom", which I put over the open mouthpiece end. Then all I have to do is carry that, a couple of batteries, a small USB charger and a 6 mL drip bottle of juice with me. The whole setup fits in a little black case about the size of a pack of cigs. Every now and then I pop the cart condom off and add a couple of drops to the cart to keep it full and off I go.

Frank from Chicago

Mar 19, 2011
Chicago
Yoga flame(Dhalsim) Krisb, that .... is awesome. I might have to get that MAP tank. I like to simplicity of an all mechanical mod thats why I got the Precise. But I hate having to drip and drive or anything else that requires attention. It is either the MAP tank or the VapeMate from Super T. I am very cautiously deciding. The MAP tank is never in stock but the VapeMate is so expensive. Decisions, decisions; guess I will wait till my disability check comes in.

VaporMadness

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
CA, USA
I'm into simplicity too. I just take my Precise16 (IMR16340 batt and some kind of 2 ohm atty) and a 3ml dropper bottle. I've got a charger on my desk at work.

I'm all for simplicity. I'm using a KR808D-1 from smoketip. Instead of packing a ton of carts, I just take one empty cart, fill it up, leave the mouthpiece off, and cut a small hole in the "cart condom", which I put over the open mouthpiece end. Then all I have to do is carry that, a couple of batteries, a small USB charger and a 6 mL drip bottle of juice with me. The whole setup fits in a little black case about the size of a pack of cigs. Every now and then I pop the cart condom off and add a couple of drops to the cart to keep it full and off I go.

AmyB66

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
In A Padded Cell
I use a chuck. Its simple, the manufacturer is local to me, he stands behind his product and if a repair is needed, he takes care of it. If I do something bad to it, for a small small fee, he takes care of it. Not that I've had any trouble at all. One switch repair after countless times of my unit hitting the concrete. I have several of them. Started with a 510 unit, wasn't enought to get me off the cigs, got a chuck, see no need for anything else except more chucks. I use them with cartos for a very simple easy to use vape habit. Occasionally I now will use a map tank.

Love my chucks.

Krisb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
OH
Yoga flame(Dhalsim) Krisb, that .... is awesome. I might have to get that MAP tank. I like to simplicity of an all mechanical mod thats why I got the Precise. But I hate having to drip and drive or anything else that requires attention. It is either the MAP tank or the VapeMate from Super T. I am very cautiously deciding. The MAP tank is never in stock but the VapeMate is so expensive. Decisions, decisions; guess I will wait till my disability check comes in.

I just ordered a vapemate, should be here soon, so I can't really say which ill like better...but, they are different animals. If money is an issue, I think the map will do you nicely. The tank itself is reusable and all you replace is the ce2 for $5. I've had the same one since I got it (buy a backup just in case though). With the vapemate you'll be buying the attys which are typically more than $5. After I get the VM, ill check back in! Just be warned, if you want a map, go to COV and click on the notify me, they go FAST! Being too lazy to look back at what your using, get the 2.8ohm if you vape at 3.7v, get the 3.2ohm if you vape higher, esp with a vv.

*Droid

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread