Status
Not open for further replies.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I know way to many experienced vapers still rocking on an Ego /w a Protank Mini that rebuild their coil heads

Good times..........I have a couple Dozen rebuilt heads stashed along with a few tanks. Also some T3/mini, Evods and even a few CE5's...........along with every step along this long road we are on :D
Not sure what Qualifies who as Advanced/Experienced. I brought forward a strong knowledge of DC electronics and a lifetime of wanting to fine the answers, no matter the question.
Me, I just enjoy the equipment, the tinkering and most of all the vape experience.:)

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
perhaps we should call them experienced vapors. there are a lot of people here who have been vaping for a long time and have gained a lot of knowledge about vaping. not all of then sub-ohm or chase clouds but they can still provide a lot of help to new vapers who are trying to learn.

How about KNOWLEDGEABLE or INFORMED vapers?

Experience sucking joose doesn't qualify one to use what's called "advanced gear" without knowledgeable adult supervision.

Tapatyped

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
IDK, maybe I'm reading the wrong threads, or don't hang out in vape shops enough. I associate that vague term not so much as braggadocio or bumper-sticker content . . . rather I see it used as admonition regarding inexperienced people biting off more than they can chew. More of a way of indicating a necessity for caution to fledgling cloud-bros.

e.g. - "you're doing things that you're not 'advanced' enough to do . . . or wouldn't do, if you were 'advanced' enough to know what a bad idea that .08Ω build in a flush-pin tank on a faux-hybrid containing a re-wrapped, C-bin, I'MA40AMP battery is."

No?

Never really turned it around to see *who* the "advanced vaper" was.

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
an Advanced Vaper is someone who knows how to avoid blowing up their battery......
This is what I think of.

It has nothing to do with your ability to wrap alien wires or whatever.

To me and "advanced vaper" is someone who knows how to safely use whatever gear they have, knows what the limitations are, and hopefully knows what other gear that knowledge will transfer to and what gear it won't.

Not about having the latest toys, but you get bonus points if you know how they work and what you shouldn't do with them.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
Three guys walk into a hotel, and they're going to split the cost of a room. The room is $30. They each kick in $10 and head up to their room. The manager gets wind of it and tells the clerk the room is only $25. He hands five $1 bills to the bell hop and tells him to go refund the guys' money. On the way up to the room, the bell hop gets to thinking, as bell hops are wont to do, and says to himself, "No way can three guys split $5, I'm going to help out." He stuffs $2 in his pocket, knocks on the door, gives each guy back a buck and heads back downstairs to the desk, glowing in the warmth of a job well done. So now each guy has paid $9. $9 times 3 is $27 plus $2 the bell hop stole--only $29! Where is the other buck?

Reactions: beckdg

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Three guys walk into a hotel, and they're going to split the cost of a room. The room is $30. They each kick in $10 and head up to their room. The manager gets wind of it and tells the clerk the room is only $25. He hands five $1 bills to the bell hop and tells him to go refund the guys' money. On the way up to the room, the bell hop gets to thinking, as bell hops are wont to do, and says to himself, "No way can three guys split $5, I'm going to help out." He stuffs $2 in his pocket, knocks on the door, gives each guy back a buck and heads back downstairs to the desk, glowing in the warmth of a job well done. So now each guy has paid $9. $9 times 3 is $27 plus $2 the bell hop stole--only $29! Where is the other buck?
We talkin beer nuts buck

Or deer nuts buck

???

Tapatyped

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Whatever it is , why cannot someone be called advanced? It's not like smoking, as the OP stated, there are much more things to know then just lighting up a cigarette. There is advanced terminology in many things out there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yeah... There is a Big Difference.

And about the Only thing you get from being an Advanced Smoker is this...

cemetery-4.JPG

Last edited:

JMarca

E-Cig Afficionado
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2013
New York
An advanced vaper is someone who is so insecure in his or her life that they feel the need to associate a title to the amount of time they've been vaping or the style of vape they use.

Usually it doesn't end there, they usually give themselves and others around their little circle titles for just about anything they do in life, it's a matter of self importance.

brummyjon

ECF Veteran
Jun 20, 2012
Birmingham, England
Whatever it is , why cannot someone be called advanced? It's not like smoking, as the OP stated, there are much more things to know then just lighting up a cigarette. There is advanced terminology in many things out there.

I see your point, but I just feel the word advanced is overstating the status of people who have just clocked up some time vaping. And in doing so, automatically belittles people who are just starting. I have been vaping for almost 4 years now. Longer than many here. I have experience with many devices that are no longer made, and with good reason.

I am not more advanced, because I don't think I am doing anything differently to what I would be doing if I started 6 months ago. I have not 'advanced'. I just found something that works and I have stuck with it for a while, occasionally trying something new if it takes my fancy.

I read some stuff, tried some stuff, made some mistakes, learned from them. I am a reasonably experienced vaper. But I dont feel the need to wear a badge of have a title.

I am definitely not advanced.

As for pushing battery safety to the limit, I dont know if that is advisable, but each to their own. An 'advanced vaper' might think they are sure what is safe, but graveyards are littered with advanced drivers who were equally sure.

I just feel that the terminology is patronising and alienating really. That was my main point. And if we want to save millions of lives, then that is the last impression we need to convey.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I see your point, but I just feel the word advanced is overstating the status of people who have just clocked up some time vaping. And in doing so, automatically belittles people who are just starting. ...

Where exactly are you Seeing this?

Lessifer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2013
Sacramento, California
The ONLY time I've ever used the phrase "advanced vaper" in a post other than this one, is in reference to a specific device and saying that it should be for "advanced vapers" only. By that, I don't mean someone who can put a steam engine to shame, I mean someone who understands how the device can be used safely, and usually that requires more knowledge than "the battery goes here."

Case in point, direct to battery connection mods. There are many new and inexperienced vapers who have these, and that is a dangerous thing. An advanced vaper, in this case, would be someone who understands the restrictions of the type of atomizer that can be used safely with that type of mod.

It's not a status term, it's a term to denote a level of knowledge.

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
I rebuild $2 EVOD cartos and put them on standard eGo batteries and get a nice thick cloud with rich flavor. I've been at this for over six years. An advanced vaper is somebody who does whatever they need to get a fulfilling experience that is not from burning tobacco.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
An advanced vaper is someone who is so insecure in his or her life that they feel the need to associate a title to the amount of time they've been vaping or the style of vape they use.

Usually it doesn't end there, they usually give themselves and others around their little circle titles for just about anything they do in life, it's a matter of self importance.
"Tootle puffer"

Got it.

Thanks for clearing that up.
[emoji14]

Tapatyped

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I see your point, but I just feel the word advanced is overstating the status of people who have just clocked up some time vaping. And in doing so, automatically belittles people who are just starting. I have been vaping for almost 4 years now. Longer than many here. I have experience with many devices that are no longer made, and with good reason.

I am not more advanced, because I don't think I am doing anything differently to what I would be doing if I started 6 months ago. I have not 'advanced'. I just found something that works and I have stuck with it for a while, occasionally trying something new if it takes my fancy.

I read some stuff, tried some stuff, made some mistakes, learned from them. I am a reasonably experienced vaper. But I dont feel the need to wear a badge of have a title.

I am definitely not advanced.

As for pushing battery safety to the limit, I dont know if that is advisable, but each to their own. An 'advanced vaper' might think they are sure what is safe, but graveyards are littered with advanced drivers who were equally sure.

I just feel that the terminology is patronising and alienating really. That was my main point. And if we want to save millions of lives, then that is the last impression we need to convey.
I have also been around here for a while and tbh, I not sure if I seen someone hurt or belittled by the phrase but maybe they just don't say anything. I also see what your saying as I never once stated that I'm an advanced vapor to someone that seemed to be not getting it... I guess maybe the phrase "more experienced" could be better, who knows...... but honestly, it's just a phrase and maybe if a not so advanced persons hears it, then they may try harder to also become advanced, which doesn't really hurt... honestly my take is, that it's just a word , and it seems in today's world, too many people are trying to be too politically correct about the silliest stuff and it really is ridiculous. Even if it's a mistake, you get blasted and possibly sued using the wrong words these days, it really has gone too far imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread