Introducing the Precise Strata RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

forcedfuel50

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Hey Dave I have a very urgent matter that I would like to discuss with you. I already sent an email about it but I feel this needs to be addressed asap

Yep, I got your email and I'm glad it turned out it wasn't Super-T who the problem was with :)

patorum

Jan 3, 2013
uk
Just to clarify K3vin's air hole mod. The modification the machinist did isn't side entrance holes as it first appears, as he drilled into the existing passages. Air still comes down the internal passages from the top and still has to make a essentially 90 degree turn to get into the chamber, his holes aren't drilled to the outside. What he's essentially done is move the entrances up higher in the chamber which may have a benefit to certain coil types. It does eliminate the adjustable draw, but if it works for him and he is happy (which no doubt he is), I say vape on!

what you say is true but there is a difference the air coming out of his side holes is more direct and is hitting the coil. The air coming from your set up at right angles hits the ledge and disperses at 360 degrees around the inside of the channel, and it is because of this only a small portion of concentrated air is reaching the coil the rest is wasted as it is dispersed around the inside chamber by the channel groove. So although at first sight they appear to do the same thing they both have different attributes.

Nach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
Chicagoland, USA
jazco.net
The air coming from your set up at right angles hits the ledge and disperses at 360 degrees around the inside of the channel, and it is because of this only a small portion of concentrated air is reaching the coil the rest is wasted as it is dispersed around the inside chamber by the channel groove.

This might be true if air is pushed into the atty, but when you vape, air is being vacuumed (pulled) into the atty. This has a different effect.

UKPaul

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2013
UK
This might be true if air is pushed into the atty, but when you vape, air is being vacuumed (pulled) into the atty. This has a different effect.

Hopefully this ongoing discussion is something I will be able to judge for myself and voice my own opinion when the 26xxx series integrated Strata is released. :)

pAth77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2010
Bay Area
what you say is true but there is a difference the air coming out of his side holes is more direct and is hitting the coil. The air coming from your set up at right angles hits the ledge and disperses at 360 degrees around the inside of the channel, and it is because of this only a small portion of concentrated air is reaching the coil the rest is wasted as it is dispersed around the inside chamber by the channel groove. So although at first sight they appear to do the same thing they both have different attributes.

My two cents....Since I have so many Stratas, I went ahead and drilled out one of them to see if there are any differences in performance versus the stock setup. Conclusion: There is no difference; they vape the exact same! I've been happy with my Stratas ever since I got em, and everyone that has tried mine has fallen in love with it too. It still might not be the perfect RDA for everyone, but the Strata suits me just fine. If anyone in NorCal wants to try mine out, just gimme a buzz and I'll meet you at a shop.

jayD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 28, 2013
Canada
For single coil setups, an airhole hitting the coil directly makes a much better vape than 4 airholes coming from every direction. I tried every single atty top cap I have to see which ones fit on the strata, here is one for the satin, works very good. But even better would be an optional official super-t topcap that has a direct airhole beside the coil (for single coil setups) that lines up perfectly when screwed on.

edit: but I'm guessing the base would be required to ensure the airholes line up when screwed in, so a normal topcap with oring would also be good if the screw on isn't possible without sending back the base.
5t0Byii.jpg

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
Hi RPadTV,

Setup looks good :) What gauge are you using and what ohms are you running them at?

That's 28-gauge at about 0.7 ohms. I'm not a big cloud guy, so I'm satisfied with the clouds I'm getting. The flavor is fantastic and the build quality is excellent.

High Voltage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Detroit, MI
Finally found my perfect, go to Strata build. I'd recently been using my KFLs or my Nucleus more than the Strata...until now.
I wrapped a piece of 26g kanthal around the center post (while not on the base) I then wrapped two 11 wrap coils around a thick paper clip. I have them resting on loosely packed cotton, with the negative ends higher than the center. I soak the wicks, and drip some extra into the empty part of the well.

It works well on any air setting, and when you find the sweet spot it's phenomenal.
EB362D47-99FC-45BB-A0FD-39A70E71F986-465-000000C45101F8E4_zps2e3df5c3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread