High Voltage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Detroit, MI
a9a9u3yp.jpg

SS mesh build

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

I haven't used mesh in a long time, might have to give it a shot. Are you getting good air to the coils in that position?

High Voltage

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2013
Detroit, MI
^^^yes sir

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Thanks, I'll give it a shot next time I need to rebuild. I have the fresh setup I posted above, it is working great, and with the wick being so easy to swap out, I have a feeling it will be a while before the 26 gauge goes bad.

vaptamist

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2011
FL
I'd like to see some wider base drip tips for the strata - particularly the ELA version. I think one that would add a "step" or even one that curved up from the top of the strata would look nice. As it stands, normal size drip tips seem to look really thin, and kind of strange in contrast to the wider ELA strata cap.

theECB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 15, 2009
Everett, WA
upinvapor.blogspot.com
Those are some nice builds HighVoltage and makko! I've been working on the tank version of the Strata. It's pretty cool. It has a bit smaller chamber. Higher center post. One negative post and a central "permanent" wick.

Now this has me very excited! Can't wait to hear some more details!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Those are some nice builds HighVoltage and makko! I've been working on the tank version of the Strata. It's pretty cool. It has a bit smaller chamber. Higher center post. One negative post and a central "permanent" wick.

Now I have to start paying attention - a tank version of the Strata would certainly appeal to me. :toast:

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
I decided to go back to dual coils in the strata. I built a dual micro coil (horizontal) using 28g kanthal and organic cotton at .8ohms and this atty is working really well. I forgot how much I liked the dual coil setup. I have been using single coils for the last month or so. The vapor is good and the flavor is outstanding.

poconojo

ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2010
Florida
I have now been using the strata since the end of march to the present. Out of all my dripping atomizers the strata never leaks! It is amazing not having to carry around a paper towel with me all the time. I really haven't thought about it until now. Its nice not getting e-liquid on my hands all the time. I need to get one more ELA strata, another ELA and the 26500 simplicity tube. Then I will be set for a little while. I need to start saving my pennies.

CenTexVpr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 4, 2013
Central Texas
FM!Was in the process of rebuilding the coils on my Strata & went to the sink to clean it up. As i was taking the old coils off a thought popped into my head. I should probably close the stopper on the drain so incase I drop one of my post screws...
BAM!!!You guessed it. The sink monster jumped out & swallowed the negative post screw I was washing. :(I shut the water off in the hopes he might have realized it was inedible & only faintly flavored of Cohiba y Julinetta. I was hoping he might have regurgitated it prior to circumnavigating the twists & turns of the sinks P trap. Alas the fiend had not. He either swallowed it, in which case I hope it gets lodged somewhere in his intestinal tract & proceeds to deteriorate to the point where it becomes diverticulitis & causes him great discomfort, nay death, or he spit it out after passing the trap & I can only hope by sheer fluke that the swirling water might have washed it back into his eye, scratching it, causing him to not be able to fend himself from that side & thusley he no longer being the fittest will not be able to survive. :evil: what are the chances of that though?:unsure: Looks like I will be using single coils on my Strata for a while. I am thankful that it was not the positive post, & that I can still use it.:)

So David,[/B] I was wondering if it might be possible to acquire additional posts for the Strata. It might not hurt to get a replacement neg post screw & a back up, but I can see the advantage of also having a spare positive. I have definitely learned a lesson here I will send an email to you with my sad story. PS Any estimate of when you might have the 14500 adjustable post top cap back in stock? PPS I would love to buy a SS locking ring for the 14500 as well. Thank you, your faithful customer, Duncan Grigsby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread