What is full TPD compliant

Status
Not open for further replies.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
TPD means it only holds 2ml of liquid.

The 2ml capacity restriction stated in the TPD regulations, applies only to pre-filled caps, pods and the like.
2ml for tanks, RTAs and the like is a national (over-)regulation in GreatBritain only.
In the rest of the EU there is no such limit!

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    It means 2ml maximum. Which isn't a lot. When you import (aka. buy in China) you are allowed to purchase bigger tanks, you just cant sell them, legally :)

A lot of tanks with premade coils have a clever system of being 2ml, but can be converted to 4ml+ by using a different piece of glass or turn the coil upside down etc.

• Disagree
    Reactions: mimöschen

untar

Vaping Master
    Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    you just cant sell them, legally
    You can in eg France, Germany, Czech republic and the Netherlands. What's important is the local implementation of the TPD which varies between member states. China only makes one "TPD" version for all members so we end up with the most restrictive one from them. That's why everybody thinks "tpd means 2ml" when it really doesn't in general.

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    You can in eg France, Germany, Czech republic and the Netherlands. What's important is the local implementation of the TPD which varies between member states. China only makes one "TPD" version for all members so we end up with the most restrictive one from them. That's why everybody thinks "tpd means 2ml" when it really doesn't in general.
    Of course I'm talking about companies. Private selling is fine. I didn't know I had to explain everything down to the t lol.

untar

Vaping Master
    Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    Of course I'm talking about companies. Private selling is fine.
    I'm talking of companies/shops as well, not only private sellers, they're selling bigger tanks than 2ml in the countries I listed because of how TPD was implemented there.

With a title like "what is full TPD compliant" a general answer like "it means 2 ml maximum" is wrong.

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Well yes, and I think (GB) anyway also puts regulations on type and nicotine limit juices than you can buy, so it's more than just capacity, even if it were 2 ml everywhere, which I know it's not.

Is there a reason you wish to know whether something is "full TPD compliant" or not, like importation? Because if so I'd recommend even if importing staying within the regulations of your home country in order to clear customs although certainly I'm sure folks have gotten creative and whatnot when it comes to importation.

Anna

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    Concerning nicotine the TPD states a max of 20mg/ml with a max capacity per bottle of 10ml.
    That's why retailers introduced nicotine shots for people that like to DIY.
    So instead of getting the base with nicotine, you have to mix it yourself.
    Apropos, prices stayed quite constant, if you buy the right shots, but trash has increased significantly.
    All hail the TPD:rolleyes:

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    "I got caught with an illegal vape tank. It was a 4.5ml monster."
    Oh cripes! I have to go to Germany on business next month and will probably be taking several mods that hold 7-1/2 ml of liquid each, and a couple of 30 ml glass bottles of liquid as well. So if nobody hears from me after mid-September, will someone please contact the US Department of State on my behalf? ;)

mimöschen

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jul 15, 2016
    Private property is of no concern.
    You could carry a barrel full of liquid with 1000mg/ml through whole Germany without anyone stopping you.
    At least not because of the liquid itself.
    More so for carrying the barrel.
    Because that would be a bit stupid and/or suspicious.
    Only selling liquid that contains nicotine is limited to 10ml bottles.
    VG, PG and (any) flavor can be bought in large quantities though.

vBDKv

ECF Veteran
  • Jan 6, 2018
    Denmark
    I'm talking of companies/shops as well, not only private sellers, they're selling bigger tanks than 2ml in the countries I listed because of how TPD was implemented there.

With a title like "what is full TPD compliant" a general answer like "it means 2 ml maximum" is wrong.
    How else would you answer it? He's looking for an RTA, and to be TPD compliant it's max 2ml that you can sell to people, as a company. There's nobody stopping you from using a 6ml tank if you want to, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone willing to sell it to you inside of EU.

Revision of the Tobacco Products Directive - Public Health - European Commission

untar

Vaping Master
    Feb 7, 2018
    Germany
    Private property is of no concern.
    You could carry a barrel full of liquid with 1000mg/ml through whole Germany without anyone stopping you.
    That may be true if you're in Germany already (and somehow obtained that barrel), it's certainly not true if you're bringing that barrel over the border from the outside, no matter if it's for your private use or not.
    Don't give Rossum ideas
    4Head.png

He's looking for an RTA, and to be TPD compliant it's max 2ml that you can sell to people, as a company. There's nobody stopping you from using a 6ml tank if you want to, but you'd be hard pressed to find anyone willing to sell it to you inside of EU.
    You're still not getting it. For the last time, what matters is the local implementation of the TPD which varies between member states. I listed a few countries, in each of those you can buy tanks larger than 2ml from shops and I don't have to search long to find a shop that's selling it to me legally in broad daylight and nobody can do anything about it.

Some examples:
    Here's a Flash-e-Vapor 4.5 6-9ml tank volume
    Flash-e-Vapor V4-V4.5 - Der original Flash e Vapor Shop
    Here's an Aromamizer Titan 28ml tank volume
    Aromamizer Titan RDTA

both sold legally from German shops in Germany and they're compliant to the TabakErzG, which is the implementation of the TPD2 into German law. The TPD is a directive, not a law, that's why the individual member state's law has the last word.

So no, TPD compliant doesn't mean "max 2ml" since it means different things in different member states.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread