What is NET, WTA, and what do they really mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
YUMMMM "naturally extracted Turnip" .....that's a NET correct?

Yes, turnip. Seriously. Could it be done.

Jerry, if you took a fresh tobacco leaf and chewed it up, would it "taste" good? Let's assume that the tobacco leaf had no nicotine or whatever, nothing that would make you sick - you wouldn't be going after an effect, just a taste. Would it be something people would like to eat? Or a cured tobacco leaf? Would that be yummy?

Reactions: stols001

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Bacon is the universal food. Goes with anything

Okay, well you go give devising a NEB a shot and get back to me. ;) Meantime, I'm trying to get to the bottom of why vaping tobacco juice flavor seems to be the Holy Grail for a bunch of people.

Carrot. Carrot sounds particularly yummy to me.

homeprogreen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 18, 2013
Sonora CA
I don't understand the whole net thing anyway. My last order had samples of slc punk rev 2 and & F-4. Didn't really care for either of them. I'm not a menthol fan to begin with. Most taste like mouthwash to me. I did get the Nuport one and that's the first menthol I've actually liked. I also received a sample of mad matador and I have to admit Jerry nailed that one. I didn't like it but I don't like red bull to begin with.

radiokaos

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 11, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
www.aromaejuice.com
Okay, well you go give devising a NEB a shot and get back to me. ;) Meantime, I'm trying to get to the bottom of why vaping tobacco juice flavor seems to be the Holy Grail for a bunch of people.

Carrot. Carrot sounds particularly yummy to me.

Look up the term Connoisseur in wiki and tell us what you think.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
...Meantime, I'm trying to get to the bottom of why vaping tobacco juice flavor seems to be the Holy Grail for a bunch of people...
Probably because there are so many variations and options. We can put on our "E-Juice Snob" hats...sorry, our "connoisseur" hats and act like wine aficionados.

Here's an example - "Why yes, Jerry, I believe the 2013 bottling of Fouga Rev. 2.0 was quite fine. The exquisite blend of Tobacco Flavorant Extract with Whole Tobacco Alkaloids was a sublime vape and raised the bar for NET extractors everywhere."

Reactions: homeprogreen

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Probably because there are so many variations and options. We can put on our "E-Juice Snob" hats...sorry, our "connoisseur" hats and act like wine aficionados.

Here's an example - "Why yes, Jerry, I believe the 2013 bottling of Fouga Rev. 2.0 was quite fine. The exquisite blend of Tobacco Flavorant Extract with Whole Tobacco Alkaloids was a sublime vape and raised the bar for NET extractors everywhere."
Well, that's kind of what I'm wondering, though I wouldn't take it that far...
Since everybody agrees that no vaped tobacco flavor, NET or otherwise, replicates the taste of a pipe, cigar, cigarette, people must be focusing on whatever flavor tobacco leaves are. Now unless one were to have considerable experience with chewing tobacco or snus I don't know how anybody is in a position to differentiate good from bad, and even then it's a different animal. So what makes tobacco flavor more grail-worthy than my beloved carrot?

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Real tobacco flavor - something that we didn't really get to experience as cigarette smokers as much as pipe/cigar/chewing tobacco aficionados - has a tangy, almost citrus-like aspect to it that a lot of cig smokers won't expect, but is nice once you come to appreciate it.

Carrots taste like carrots. Unless they've gone through a digestive process, after which they now taste like:
th

Which is how I prefer to eat my carrots. :) I know, doesn't really answer your question, but I had fun writing this post, so I'll post it anyways.
I subscribe to the belief that vegetables are what food eats before it becomes food.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I'm a tobacco liquid lover. It just amazes me how many tobacco liquids taste nothing like tobacco. I like regular tobacco flavors and menthol liquids. I tried one Net that Jerry sent out as a sample and liked it. From what I understand though with the process that's used to make NET's that it isn't exactly the ideal thing to vape.

On another note, I like carrots and would try that carrot liquid that snork mentions. I would really like a realistic orange flavor too.

Kookie

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 19, 2010
    Detroit, Michigan, United States
    I'm a tobacco liquid lover. It just amazes me how many tobacco liquids taste nothing like tobacco. I like regular tobacco flavors and menthol liquids. I tried one Net that Jerry sent out as a sample and liked it. From what I understand though with the process that's used to make NET's that it isn't exactly the ideal thing to vape.

On another note, I like carrots and would try that carrot liquid that snork mentions. I would really like a realistic orange flavor too.

This is a little off topic but you mentioned an orange flavor. Weird thing is I was at the grocery store Saturday night. (Yeah, my exciting life!) I was looking for a cheap easy way to drink flavored water, so I was looking at all those drink flavorings. I was looking at each ones ingredients because I wanted something natural or healthy. I found one that was orange flavor and the top ingredient was PG. I put it back and said to myself, "I could probably vape that!" Might be the orange you’re lookin' for, lol.

Kookie

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 19, 2010
    Ah, I won't drink MIO, but at least PG is listed second. The off brand I was looking at had PG first. (Throw some WTA in it and Vape it, lol. J/K.) I don't like the taste of sucralose. Or the idea of it. I did find one with stevia wich is more natural but still kind of has that sucralose taste. Yes, me too, I apt to drink more water this way.

Sorry, :offtopic:

Carrots? I like carrots too but vape flavor? Blehk. Tea, now that would be delicious!

snork

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 30, 2011
    CO
    Ah, I won't drink MIO, but at least PG is listed second. The off brand I was looking at had PG first. (Throw some WTA in it and Vape it, lol. J/K.) I don't like the taste of sucralose. Or the idea of it. I did find one with stevia wich is more natural but still kind of has that sucralose taste. Yes, me too, I apt to drink more water this way.

Sorry, :offtopic:

Carrots? I like carrots too but vape flavor? Blehk. Tea, now that would be delicious!
    Since you said you like carrots, why would vaping carrots be any blehkkier than vaping tea?

Kookie

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 19, 2010
    Since you said you like carrots, why would vaping carrots be any blehkkier than vaping tea?

IDK, just dosen't sound appealing at all. Hell, I'd try it though. Hey, might be yummy, but I know tea would be delicious. Maybe a strong tea like an earl grey.

• Agree
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread