Status
Not open for further replies.

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
Yes. Lovely info. I am happy with that. I also learned the Rustica tobacco is higher in the WTAs as well, remembering the definition for WTA saying "various percentages" available from various tobaccos etc I kept looking. So if it's also higher in nicotine as well as WTAs maybe they do go hand in hand...as they should really. Also I'm remembering the differences aren't enough to be taken in to strong consideration. Boils down to what size pris you make and how often you use it so....and I'm still not finding much taste at all in my Makla. It's Africainas. I did air it out to eliminate some ammonia. Do that with some snuff too. I'll not be passing at all here. I'll be taking it out after 20-30 minutes though. Not so with snus. I'm happy
(. :
Thanks Stuuby

Faylool

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2012
Sweet Home, Oregon USA
That's nice snuff boxes for sure. Thanks for link Stubby. Snuff is still my favorite. I have yet to try the fluffy courser grain ones but I'm like Princes, a courser grain one. The fine powders limit how much I can do in some ways. Everybody is different. I believe it's the German ones I might be wanting.
Thanks for sharing that info. I meant to mention also that as far as snuff boxes go, the antique ones are great for show but may not seal well. I have a Patrick Collins snuff box that I got a few years ago and it still seals like new. I think they call it a triple tech. You can pinch, pour, or use the little spoon that came with it.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
What is scotch snuff? It tastes like scotch? Mistersnuff has so many varieties I have no clue what I should get. What is medicated snuff? I just want standard nasal snuff. Maybe some flavors like peach or raspberry. But I don't know about snorting fruit lol.
Scotch snuff is either made in Scotland or a Scottish style snuff. Not sure which, but I know it doesn't have anything to do with scotch flavoring.

hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I like the plastic snuff boxes from Mr. Snuff for everyday use. They are relatively inexpensive and they work very well. You can do a pinch, pour, or spoon it, though it doesn't come with a spoon. I use the smaller Snuffhouse snuff box rather they the slightly larger Mr. snuff boxes. I haven't tried the Patrick Collins box but they do look nice. The tribletech is a bit expensive.

Mine is like the tripletech box that they show but has a different inlay. That's about what I paid for mine.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    OOhhh! Cool. And even though swedish is the best snus, snuff is illegal so they don't make it. What is the best snuff then or the safest?
    English snuff is generally considered the best (any snuff from the British Isles really). The company that makes Wilson Snuff and Fribourg and Treyer Snuff has been in the business of making snuff for over 260 years. Safety wise, snuff is right up there with chewing tobacco and vaping. So about 99% safer than cigarettes.

It's kind of like comparing apples and oranges though. French Gauloise's and English Dunhill's are considered premium cigarettes, but you probably would prefer your unfiltered reds. Calling anything the "best" is a gamble. :D

carrotcake

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    USA
    Thanks everyone. I got a starter kit from mistersnuff. Feedback? Guess I missed the good British stuff. The german one looks amazing though. But they love their peach. Or is that a product name like scotch? Am I really going to snort apricot flavor?

1 x Glass Bullet Clear $3.99
    1 x QSnuff Apricot 10g $1.99
    1 x QSnuff Natural Smokers Blend 10g $1.99
    1 x Rockit Cherry Pop 10g $2.99
    1 x Poschl Gawith Apricot 10g $3.59
    1 x Dholakia Swiss Chocolate 10g $3.45

Last edited:

Faylool

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 7, 2012
    Sweet Home, Oregon USA
    Your gonna love it. I do. Give it three days for your sinus' to get acclimated. Sniff slowly! You really can't do to too much in my opinion but I only feel the need 3-4 times a day. I sniff more than an average amount. Do it in private and blow my nose a lot. And the whole deal. Sometimes sneeze and just feel great. Doesn't have the nauseating effect of too much snus or too strong vape. Never has to date. But do try to be sensible of course.

Thanks everyone. I got a starter kit from mistersnuff. Feedback? Guess I missed the good British stuff. The german one looks amazing though. But they love their peach. Or is that a product name like scotch? Am I really going to snort apricot flavor?

Last edited:

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 9, 2012
    Woodburn, OR
    Cool thanks. Is this nasal snuff available in the usa? I did find general swedish snus.

You do know that all that stuff you just bought was "nasal snuff" right? Now you need to find Swedish Snus.
    Try out Boxes & Samplers - Buy Snus at SnusCentral.com. It's the Best Place to Get Snus !
    This link will take you to a samples page of a U.S. supplier. Better deals can probably be found though, possibly even in these forums.

Faylool

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 7, 2012
    Sweet Home, Oregon USA
    I think tobacco stores will carry it but it's imported. The shipping is pretty reasonable and the prices low. I am new too. About 2 months new. I live rural so I'll just be ordering quite few at a time like once a year. Easy, under $100 and good. I learned its better to put tins in a glass jar and screw lid to preserve freshness but it lasts a long time. It's just easy uncomplicated customizable alternative to smoking good stuff that's been around for ages and perfected to an art. Have fun. Sometimes the lingering sent mixes with the fresh air outside. It's really elegant after you blow the stuff out, hawk and blow and all that undignified stuff.

Cool thanks. Is this nasal snuff available in the usa? I did find general swedish snus.

hittman

ECF Guru
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    The last two on your list look familiar and will be good. Sometimes you can find WE Garrett and Red seal in some tobacco shops. If you get lucky then there might be some ozone. I have yet to find swisher honey bee in a store but its definitely worth putting on your list for a future order.

carrotcake

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 5, 2013
    USA

Faylool

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 7, 2012
    Sweet Home, Oregon USA
    I got jealous and ordered snuff today. It keeps well. About $100 later and also picked up my Makla. But I learned of some that sound like my thing after trying what I got the first time....I was lucky because I can snuff them all and no awful surprises but I'm leaning towards certain kinds, moister not so fine because I'm such a piggy and like to get the job done all at once. The fine powders dry ones need smaller doses. Still very nice but usually I'm in a big dose mood. That could change!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread