What is your 1 regret buy and your best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
My most unused mod is the Wismec Relleaux RX200S. It's a great mod for sitting around the house, but 3 18650's is overkill for a Tootle Puffer. I was hoping for multiple day battery life.

My most used mods right now are the Innokin Proton, Eleaf Invoke, Hcigar VT75 dna, and several iSticks that I grab when I want a small mod for pocket carry. I try to rotate use to prolong the life of all my mods.

I have a Jac Vapour 75W dna mod coming that I ordered last night. It should be crossing the ocean from Britain real soon now.

Any mod I own is backup for a possible FDA crackdown. It's a shame that government wants to attack vaping instead of BT.

dom qp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2015
South Central... Ontario
Regret buying a "MyMod" - after following the product development here on ECF for like a YEAR, it was $100 and just got a few things wrong. Then I paid Catfish Atty Mods to change the contacts and bottle connection, and it worked for a while, but then started a bit of leaking - in a proprietary 510. All by a maker who DISAPPEARED after the initial run. Still might fix it up and put it back in rotation, but it was a letdown initially for sure.
View attachment 777029

Best? Probably my first Reo. It's still in regular use years later, and it started me on mech squonkers, which remains to this day my preferred (almost 100%) way to vape.
View attachment 777033

Looking at the site, i'm considering a REO Grand LP... if I could get a full gold vein set up...

Pod_Vaper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2018
East Coast, USA
It's only been a year, but my WORST was hands down the Wismec Motiv Pod. Two defective devices in a row spitting hot juice and no support from Wismec. A close second is the VooPoo Panda. Thread's still around, but both pods leaked badly right off the bat and I didn't even get to use it for a full day. Just junk.

BEST purchase was the Jac with a Zenith. Just WOW!

smoked25years

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2018
Regret: Blu (rechargeable). Even with the social features :rolleyes:, it's su-u-u-u-u-cked (for me)....

I know why they named them Blu. It's the color one's face turns trying to get a decent draw from it.

I like the Myblu. The kits for $1 are the best DEAL that I've gotten on vape stuff. I paid 90 cents shipped after coupon and bought more than 50! I can refill, replace the wick, or even replace the coil. The 380mAh batteries only take 20 minutes to recharge. And they are so small that I can easily carry 2. (when it's not convenient to carry something as large as a box mod and RBA).

The draw activation is much more responsive on the Smok Infinix but it's not bad on the Myblu. It takes a smooth steady draw. Just a calm inhale. Not sucking on it. It might be difficult to adjust if you are used to loosey goosey vapes with wide open air flow. It resembles the draw of a cigarette and I do like that.

IMG_2221.JPG

The YFTK clone on the Kayfun Prime is my favorite RBA so I'd rate that as my best purchase.

My worst purchases are the Voopoo Panda and Suorin Ishare. Although both got favorable reviews from some paid ;) reviewers, both have huge flaws and the need some reengineering. It's a shame because they have potential and the companies are more likely to shelve them instead of fixing the problems. If Voopoo fixed the seal on the Panda pods, it would likely become a regular user for me when I'm not at home. But the pods leak like a sieve and Voopoo seems to have no intention to fix the problem.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Regrets on some RTAs that others loved but I didn't get it and some cheap clones that made me swear off clones. Otherwise my best was my first DNA mod and discovering I was definitely a temp control vaper.

Yeah that reminds me as I almost forgot to mention that I purchased an RTA once that later on I discovered was a clone. The problem was that the clone was malformed and had a small piece of metal inside the cap (that should not have been there) and this tiny piece of metal would touch the coil causing a direct short. Once I figured out what was going on I had to remove that piece of metal. It worked great after that but it was dangerous shorting out the coil like it did. About burnt my face off lol .... I stayed away from clones after that.

Train2

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 11, 2013
    CA, USA
    I actually use the Reo P67 even more - same durability (i have literally hammered in a nail with a Reo) but the top is flat, allowing the use of any RDA. The grand has a kind of "landing deck" that LOOKS funny with a 22mm RDA on it. It works - it just hangs over... That deck was designed back when people were using tiny little atomizers or even cartos!

I have 2 P67's - this one is the "road warrior" that took over when the Grand went into "semi-retirement," lol.

beaterreo2.jpg

Looking at the site, i'm considering a REO Grand LP... if I could get a full gold vein set up...
    I was never a fan of REO Speedwagon, maybe REO Grand will have a better LP and put out bigger hits?

DPLongo22

aka "The Sesquipedalian"
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 17, 2011
    Midworld
    I like the Myblu. The kits for $1 are the best DEAL that I've gotten on vape stuff. I paid 90 cents shipped after coupon and bought more than 50! I can refill, replace the wick, or even replace the coil. The 380mAh batteries only take 20 minutes to recharge. And they are so small that I can easily carry 2. (when it's not convenient to carry something as large as a box mod and RBA).

The draw activation is much more responsive on the Smok Infinix but it's not bad on the Myblu. It takes a smooth steady draw. Just a calm inhale. Not sucking on it. It might be difficult to adjust if you are used to loosey goosey vapes with wide open air flow. It resembles the draw of a cigarette and I do like that.

View attachment 777085

The YFTK clone on the Kayfun Prime is my favorite RBA so I'd rate that as my best purchase.

My worst purchases are the Voopoo Panda and Suorin Ishare. Although both got favorable reviews from some paid ;) reviewers, both have huge flaws and the need some reengineering. It's a shame because they have potential and the companies are more likely to shelve them instead of fixing the problems. If Voopoo fixed the seal on the Panda pods, it would likely become a regular user for me when I'm not at home. But the pods leak like a sieve and Voopoo seems to have no intention to fix the problem.

Yeah - the MyBlu is actually okay, which might because they bought it from VonErl (of Erlkonigin fame). I've got a few of the MyBlu thingies. I usually opt for the Innokin Goby instead (better vape, similar size & weight), but I grab the MyBlu every once in a while (like right now).

As Kat says, "Monkey see, monkey vape!" :cool:

The ones I was referring to were the OLD (2011-2012) rechargeable ones. They were TERRIBLE (and that's being kind). Inevitably (and quickly) the batteries would die out every 15 or 20 minutes.

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 22, 2015
    Garland,TX
    Biggest regret- buying my first litre of rotgut nic from MFS.

My best purchase was actually my first regret. I thought my first backup device was a total waste of money. An Aspire BDC clearo, with BVC coils, mounted on an eGo T Upgrade battery. Compared to my first mod that clearo had an impossibly tight draw. But back in '15 the most frequent recommendation in the new members forum was not.... Ya gotta buy this.... Ya gotta buy that... Or ya gotta buy the other thing. The standard recommendations then were... Learn to get the most from what ya got or learn to work with what ya got.
    I Vaped that clearo exclusively until I learned to appreciate it. To this day I still have them in active rotation. I still scour the web searching for original replacements. Their draw is the standard that I judge all new purchases against.

Last edited:

sorrynomore

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    May 4, 2014
    Canada
    For me I regret getting the first rendition of the Aspire Pegasus mod.
    It had a 3 or so second coil test @30 watts to check the metal type for temp control.I mainly use 30 gauge wire at higher ohms and that coil test fried more than a few coils if I forgot to use the workarounds to avoid the said coil test.
    Really glad to have purchased my Eleaf Picos,Eleaf Aster,Kayfun clones and Vandy Vape Berserker.I use these all the time and they work great all the time....for me.:)

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    I actually use the Reo P67 even more - same durability (i have literally hammered in a nail with a Reo) but the top is flat, allowing the use of any RDA. The grand has a kind of "landing deck" that LOOKS funny with a 22mm RDA on it. It works - it just hangs over... That deck was designed back when people were using tiny little atomizers or even cartos!

I have 2 P67's - this one is the "road warrior" that took over when the Grand went into "semi-retirement," lol.

View attachment 777097
    Love that beat up, well worn look of that REO.

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    My regret buy:
    My first starter kit, a cigalike. I foolishly believed that it needed to look like a cigarette. Although I did quit smoking using them, I quickly grew frustrated with the short battery time, limited juice capacity, and overall poor performance. After about a month, I purchased my first mod. Appearance was no longer a factor for me. Performance, increase in battery time, and larger juice capacity were. Made me think that I had wasted my money on the cigalikes and just gotten a mod and tank from the very beginning.
    basicblk_1.jpg

Probably my first Provari and IBTanked cartotank combo. These were the biggest game changers in performance and overall enjoyment.

full

Last edited:

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 13, 2014
    Planet Earth
    Agreed! I'm not familiar with that device, but holy battery venting holes batman! Seriously, I like the used look too
    It reminds me of a pair of trusty, comfortable pair of jeans with some wear and tear.. but IMO holes and wear and tear need to be earned or acquired, not bought that way. I try to keep my vape gear in pristine condition, but sh*t happens.

RayofLight62

ECF Veteran
    Jan 10, 2015
    Kent - United Kingdom
    My best mod is a poker of Aces:
    - Lost Vape Therion
    - Lost Vape Paranormal
    - Yihi SL class stabilised wood
    - Dicodes Dani Box mini

Should be forced to go with one only, and I don't see why, it would be the Dicodes.

The mods I regret buying:

- Kanger Pollex 200 W. It is blatantly over specified, both in battery capacity and Max power. It is a liability when used at max power. Should have been specified at 100 W.

- Vaporesso Revenger mini. It is a piece of lighting artistry, has a good board, but sometime it lead asking myself if they really included a battery inside it.
    Chain vaping at 10 W with light show on, lasts two hours or less. It will be in my hands on Christmas night, tho.

- Aspire Puxos. Paid £ 35 for it, it is objectively worth £ 15 at the most. The 510 is riveted on some tiny plastic, has a passive battery charger, and I keep loosing the door panels.
    Again, the Puxos would have been fine - if it was sold for its true worth.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread