What is your 1 regret buy and your best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
I regret that time back in 2014 that I was making the transition between pen devices and higher wattage mod's. I bought the itaste 134 and the itaste svd in the search for that higher voltage vape. I only used them both for about 2 weeks until i bought my first box mod Pioneer 4 U. I still love the look of both of those because they are such high end pieces of engineering. My best buy has got to be the new vaporesso tanks and mods and all my DIY equipment. :thumb:

EDIT/Ah I almost forgot the foray into RTA's. It looked superb on my itaste sdv but leaked like a sieve and had dubious flavour. I'll never buy another RTA.o_O

Last edited:

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
biggest regret = about 4 years ago I was at the Toronto Vape Expo chilling at a table with a bunch of guys I knew from local vape meets, they were all raving about these new Pioneer 4U devices they had just bought for $100.

I went over to the booth and bought the last one they had and a couple of Sony batteries, regretted it as soon as I got back to the table and realized, this thing is never going to survive and I was immediately thinking, what a waste of $100.

come Monday, my good luck was found here in the ECF classies... I traded that ugly big box mod for a used $60 ProVari.

4 years later, I still have that used ProVari and expect it to be a good solid vape for the next 30-40 years... that Pioneer 4U box mod? .. probably in the garbage.

best deal = The Night of the Vixen :party:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Most regretted would have to be all the ProVari gear I bought, including an unused prototype, unused one of three Stealth and a Mini Stealth all with extras (and the special Euro atty's and other special gear bought just for them). They have all hidden in a box since April 2014, and are a reminder to know who you are doing business with better when buying vape gear.

Even though no longer use (except rarely 1-2 of the five P67's I have) some of the 35 Reos saw more use for a longer time frame than all the others combined in the 5.5+ years I have vaped (Reos for about 3.5 years). So because of that I'll have to say that overall they were the best overall gear for my uses until they were retired. I am instead enjoying the dual batt mech squonkers and 21700 regulated squonkers that I use now days, some of them along with my favorite atty's of all time - Digiflavor Mesh Pro RDA's.

Last edited:

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
CNWhHQBUwAAUbGW.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Most regretted would have to be all the ProVari gear I bought, including an unused prototype, unused one of three Stealth and a Mini Stealth all with extras (and the special Euro atty's and other special gear bought just for them). They have all hidden in a box since April 2014, and are a reminder to know who you are doing business with better when buying vape gear.
That gear could be easily sold today; probably close to what you originally paid for it since they are no longer available new. There are a lot of Provari collectors to this day. Shame they are now collecting dust.

As to your other comment, no one could have foreseen that Provape would close shop. It was a well established and sound company. The owners were planning retirement and sincerely tried to sell their company. Zen of House of Hybrids desperately tried to buy it, but due to the uncertainy of upcoming FDA regulations, couldn't convince his investment group to finalize the multimillon dollar purchase.

Last edited:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
That gear could be easily sold today; probably close to what you originally paid for it since they are no longer available new. There are a lot of Provari collectors to this day. Shame they are now collecting dust.

As to your other comment, no one could have foreseen that Provape would close shop. It was a well established and sound company. The owners were planning retirement and sincerely tried to sell their company. Zen of House of Hybrids desperately tried to buy it, but due to the uncertainy of upcoming FDA regulations, couldn't convince his investment group to finalize the multimillon dollar purchase.

Their going to waste matters not to me. I decided not to run classifieds to sell anything anymore at least 10 years or more ago now, long before I got into vaping. As for the PV's, they only sell for a small portion of what they cost back then now days... are commonly sold on the classies here for a pittance. IOW there were no $30-$45 as new PV's back then. Maybe the rarer ones I have would bring more if there were any collectors who wanted them bad enough, but I doubt much more than the rest despite their up to far higher cost back then.

Opinions vary on the company itself. I knew things first hand that few knew about them at the time. So my opinion of them has nothing to do with their eventually closing the business that was almost 3 years after I no longer supported them.

Last edited:
Reactions: VapourFlavour

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have a few vaping regret buys, like the two Lavatubes I bought way back when. But the biggest one was the VaporShark RDNA 40. Loved the small form factor and the new at the time DNA 40 board. But though I really knew better, the soldered in 18650 turned out to be a real drag and the mod's design made it really deal badly with any juice leaks.

Best buys I have more of :). Three that are outstanding for me are my Reo Grand, my first Pico 75 and my first DoggyStyle RDA. I don't use the Reo anymore, but it still has a very important place in my backup stash and the Pico's and Doggies are pretty much all I use now.

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
But the biggest one was the VaporShark RDNA 40. Loved the small form factor and the new at the time DNA 40 board. But though I really knew better, the soldered in 18650 turned out to be a real drag and the mod's design made it really deal badly with any juice leaks.

I still have one vaporshark 30 and two 40's, got them when they first came out and always thought they were pretty good mods. I used the heck out of them all for years and besides the paint coming off, they all worked flawless and still do. I still use them at work on demo days...

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I have a Jac Vapour 75W DNA mod coming that I ordered last night. It should be crossing the ocean from Britain real soon now.

I wish you a lot of luck with the "real soon" part of the above. I've placed 2 orders with them for 2 Jacs in each order. First one was on Oct. 15th, second 1 was on Oct. 17th. I just received the first order yesterday afternoon...after it was in York, PA since last Thursday AM and hadn't even been handed over to USPS yet by then.

The 2nd order tracking showed it was still in GB as of Sunday the 28th (same place since the last scan early AM, Oct. 23rd). After numerous chat sessions and emails with both JV and Interparcel (international shipping company) since then...I was told first...that my package had indeed left GB, but had been rejected by Customs and was being shipped back to JV. Then I find out later, from a different JV rep in a chat: "Landmark Global (GB shipping company) advised the goods are not allowed to be sent to USA and so have issued a return before it left the UK." The contents of my package are the identical items that many here on ECF have already received...that were also sent by Landmark Global Company!

Got email from JV early yesterday AM...saying they would reship my package once they got it back, and that they would resend it via a faster shipping method. I have no idea when it'll actually get here...if at all. ;)

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I wish you a lot of luck with the "real soon" part of the above. I've placed 2 orders with them for 2 Jacs in each order. First one was on Oct. 15th, second 1 was on Oct. 17th. I just received the first order yesterday afternoon...after it was in York, PA since last Thursday AM and hadn't even been handed over to USPS yet by then.

The 2nd order tracking showed it was still in GB as of Sunday the 28th (same place since the last scan early AM, Oct. 23rd). After numerous chat sessions and emails with both JV and Interparcel (international shipping company) since then...I was told first...that my package had indeed left GB, but had been rejected by Customs and was being shipped back to JV. Then I find out later, from a different JV rep in a chat: "Landmark Global (GB shipping company) advised the goods are not allowed to be sent to USA and so have issued a return before it left the UK." The contents of my package are the identical items that many here on ECF have already received...that were also sent by Landmark Global Company!

Got email from JV early yesterday AM...saying they would reship my package once they got it back, and that they would resend it via a faster shipping method. I have no idea when it'll actually get here...if at all. ;)

It's a shame that Jac Vapour REQUIRES a battery in your order to ship. I get that they want to make sure you get a cell that's up to the task, but a simple note enclosed about the RIGHT cell specs would suffice. Sure, there are buyers who would buy the cheapest cell available to cut costs, but a click agreement that acknowledged the need for a certain cell spec would suffice for liability protection. The 30Q isn't the only one that's safe.

Lithium ion is probably affecting shipping and probably causing some to get sent back.

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I think Provari's will be around for a long long time, I am waiting to hear how long they really last! LOL

In storage a Provari will probably last decades to centuries. Stainless steel, switches, wire, silicon chips, and supporting electronics are almost forever. Just don't leave a battery inside long term.

My 2011 model Provari V2 still works fine and I use it occasionally. It's a variable voltage stick mod with no other functions, but for what it does it's a great Tootle Puffer device.

Last edited:

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
The 30Q isn't the only one that's safe.

They automatically include a JV labeled 25R battery with each mod. The 30Q can be purchased separately.

Lithium ion is probably affecting shipping and probably causing some to get sent back.

The packages aren't being refused and sent back by Customs in the US. They aren't even leaving GB. It's Landmark Global (the international shipping company they use), not Customs at either end...that's refusing to send just some of them on to the US. There's no rhyme nor reason to which ones they do that to either...because many of the packages contain the exact same items from JV...including the batteries! Neither JAC Vapour, nor Interparcel (shipping company who get packages handed off to them from Landmark Global), can understand nor explain why it's happening to some JV packages and not others. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread