What is your 1 regret buy and your best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fidola13

Totally Stashed!
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2017
Boston
Best buy, there have been many over the past 6 years. As technology and competition advance the industry our expectations grow accordingly. Lately I would have to say it's the Freemax Mesh Pro tank (even with temp related leaking) it really just works as advertised. The Aegis Legend and Vaporesso Luxe are tied for 1st as the mods that drive my Mesh Pro.

Biggest regret after countless purchases of vape gear, 5 smok Alien starter kits. Good deal on bulk purchase. They are on the closet shelf behind my backup stuff. I don't use them, it's just embarrassing. I'd rather have a sister who worked in a house of ill repute than a brother who vapes smok gear.

Where did you purchase the Luxe. I might be interested in buying it but don’t really need the kit.

Reactions: Eskie

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
They automatically include a JV labeled 25R battery with each mod. The 30Q can be purchased separately.

Strange. 30Q was the only option on my checkbox and wasn't editable, AFAIK.

Product SKU Price Qty Subtotal
Subtotal $74.72
Shipping & Handling $17.07
Discount (ECR69) -$14.94
Grand Total (Excl.Tax) $76.85
Vat
$0.00
Grand Total (Incl.Tax) $76.85
Grand Total to be Charged £59.99
SERIES-B DNA 75W Sandstorm Kit
skSMSsrsbDNA25s22 $74.72 Ordered: 1
$74.72
Device

1 x SERIES-B DNA 75W 25mm - Sandstorm $0.00
SMSseriesB7525SST

Select a free 0mg sample of Bryn's Special Sauce

1 x No Thanks $0.00
nothanks

Includes an 18650 battery

1 x 30Q 20A 3000mAh IMR18650 Battery - Pink Wrap $0.00 <---------
btKPlg30Qplain

Add a bottle of Premium UK Made e-liquid? (Optional)

1 x No Thanks $0.00
nothanks

Add our 22mm S22 Topfill Tank? (Optional)

1 x No Thanks $0.00
nothanks

Add a pack of replacement coils? (Recommended)

1 x No Thanks $0.00
nothanks

Add an external single IMR battery charger?

1 x No Thanks $0.00

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Maybe they were OOS on the 25R, so sent a 30Q...instead of waiting for more of the 25R to come in? :unsure:

Probably. I'd be happy with a mod only kit - no battery. Might have saved $5 and no HAZMAT status at the U.S. entry point.

Last edited:

vapdivrr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 8, 2012
sarasota,fl
I regret nothing! Cept that time I drank 1 too many Jagerbombs and ended up dancing on the bar singing Lady Gaga’s Bad Romance and wearing nothing but some poor bloke’s pastrami sandwich. :oops:
Like to have seen that!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Biggest regret, none...everything I tried was a step along my path away from smoking, some things stuck, others not so much.

Best purchase, that one is a duality, ProVari's and REOs mods, they have both been at the forefront for me for over 4-1/2 years now. Daily drivers and are rode hard/ put away wet. They just work.

Currently, my newest best gear, Billet Box rev 4, only been on this train for a little over a month or so, but these things knock my sox off, very pocketable, reliable, and are just a joy to look at, with the bridges available there are a variety of coil choices to choose from.

Regrets, I've had a few..............especially the GV GBox 200, now an atty / building stand.
Favourites - anything, more or less, with the Dovpo chip and board. Batteries die, replace batteries, vape on : no messing about with 5 clicks and resetting your watts or volts.

One day all mods will be built this way.:w00t:

Reactions: DPLongo22
I regret buying most of my low end mass produced chinese stuff. And not moving to squonking sooner.

Going to ignore mods for now, but for RDAs, my most regretful top 3...

Profile RDA is my #1 regret. I hate it.

Wasp Nano. Rebuilt it a dozen times, take a dozen puffs, put it away.

Iconic RDA. Got this to try squonking. Delayed taking up squonking because it gave a bad impression. It's garbage.

Here's the review I gave on the profile:

So here's my problem with the profile RDA. It's like if you took a kid that grew up in Africa spending half his day catching mosquitos so that uncle Bobbert can make some mosquito burgers. The kid gets used to the taste and texture of those wings and legs made crispy by oil collected from the driveway of a corrupt government official. This kid, wide eyed and enthused, shows up at Pearson and is picked up by auntie Ginette. Kid says he's hungry, auntie Ginette obliges. Because it's somewhere between the hours of everything is closed and I-stayed-up-way-too-late, the only place open is a 24 hour Wendy's that's staffed by a woman that has less teeth than toes. This woman serves the kid a heat lamp cured slice of ground beef in bread that's so stale it's threatening to put melba toast out of business. The kid loves it. He goes crazy. Why? Because the only thing he has to compare it to are the mosquito burgers that made uncle Bobbert famous in his home village.

The profile RDA holds up alright when you first set it up. It's passable. Then by the time you're done filming your review and writing your first impressions you start showing symptoms of malaria. By the time you finish picking the loose pieces of cotton off the front of your t-shirt you're dead or too far along to save.

Not keen, then?

• Love
Reactions: Foggy Road

Vapedog

Oct 28, 2018
Regretted buying a Sense Herakles 3 and Vjet coils. Doesn't seem to be able to handle sweet juices, coils lost flavour after a day and a half, and were done at day 4. Pretty poor.
But ultra happy with Revvo tank and coils and Scion tank and Plexus coils. Both handle the sweet and last well. Current Plexus right now on day 10 and flavour is still punching out nice and sweet. The Revvo does the same.

FΛDED

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2017
Austin, Texas
Regret: Purchasing the Snow Wolf by Asmodus for over $100 when it premiered.
product_large_Sigelei-Snow-Wolf-200w-1.jpg
It was a VariAnt by Vicious Ant clone (very first Snow Wolf before Sigelei bought the name)
variant-mod-clone-2014-new-arrival-variant.jpg

Reason: Way too much money, different times back then. Chip stopped working after a month. They stated in the manual and specs that it was made of Stainless Steal but in fact, it was starting to rust after 2 weeks. No reply or customer service AT ALL from Asmodus. I e-mailed and sent pictures, reciepts, and letter from store where I purshased. Still nothing. Why I will not buy anything Asmodus will ever make, ever. Stabwood or not.

Best Buy: Buying e-juice.
Reason: Means I'm still vaping.

ShaneR42

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2016
Minor Regrets: Every single MTL RTA I've purchased after the Doggy. Nothing is going to beat that tank for me, so I think I've learned my lesson and have just stopped buying.

Major Regret: Pulse 80W. Would have been " Barely OK" at a far cheaper price, but I overpaid for it at launch. Poor quality and a bad chip.

Best: The Doggy Style(s). Brilliant. I don't even care what mod I have as long as the Doggy is on top. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread