What is your biggest spill?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Your biggest DIY spill, that is. I don't mean dumping over your bottle of Boba's Bounty while refilling your carto. Not even your biggest one, but your most discouraging one.

Did you back your car into the 50-gallon drum of 100% nic in your garage and have to bulldoze your house? (mods: completely joking....)

Did you knock over the gallon jug of VG onto the new carpet?

Did you finally come close to your all-day vape, and the cat knocked over your last .08 ml of The Magic Flavor?

I don't have a big one yet; I have been paranoically careful, but accidents happen.

Last edited:

mgordon1100

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2011
A, A
Are you really looking for the biggest, as in drums or gallons of stuff? I mean, can't we just answer your question honestly as directed in the title? Don't answer that, because I'm answering anyway.

Biggest spill was dumping over half a bottle of my new pre-mixed juice. That sucked, as I paid a premium price for that 30ml bottle. DIY, I spilled about 3 or 4 ml's of flavor after forgetting that I took the dropper tip off of it. Flavor all over my hand.

Dougiestyle

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2011
Knoxville, TN USA
I generally mix my DIY with the syringe by drawing it in and squirting it out into the mixing beaker several times. One time, I slipped, up-ended the beaker, and dumped 30ml of nicquid all over the desk. Luckily, I had more ingredients. I was sad tho.

I'd love to know how much nicquid I've wasted via leaks, blowing out atties/cartos and all the other little drops here and there lol. Anyone have a 55 gallon drum??

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
While filling a 30 ml bottle with 9 ml VG, the friction-fitted needle flew off the syringe due to plunger pressure. I'm now using the 'CAPS LOCK' key for the letter 'A' on my keyboard...
doh.gif

Beans

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2011
Missoula Montana
Sunday I opened a brand new bottle, 250 mls of PG. The door bell rang and I jerked my arm and dumped the ENTIRE bottle on my unfinished 100 year old red and white oak floors :facepalm: It was a mess! But in the end my floors LOVED the stuff :) they've been shiny and rich looking since...So it really wasn't too bad.

mjradik

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 8, 2011
Columbia, MD
Sunday I opened a brand new bottle, 250 mls of PG. The door bell rang and I jerked my arm and dumped the ENTIRE bottle on my unfinished 100 year old red and white oak floors :facepalm: It was a mess! But in the end my floors LOVED the stuff :) they've been shiny and rich looking since...So it really wasn't too bad.

Yea PG is a great moisturizer for wood and stuff. I've used it for alot of things other than vaping. Just the other day, I was printing hundreds of pages on my printer for a project I was doing. The paper feeder roller got very dry, and wouldn't feed the paper properly. I put some PG on it, let it soak in, then wiped it off, and paper feeding worked fine right after that...lol.. (don't know if it would cause any long term damage on the rubber, but doubt it..)

As far as spills, I knocked over a 250ml bottle of 24mg onto the floor. I freaked out because my dog was in the room, and come running over. My first reaction was to grab the dog to keep her from licking it because I'm sure a single lick would be lethal to her. Didn't care about the nic, that can be replaced.... she can't..

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
Bumping my own topic here, with a near-miss tonight. I usually use syringes for measuring, and usually Leur-lock connections. I was making a small test batch and decided to use a 1 ml syringe, more accuracy for small amounts.

POW, blew the needle off the syringe into the bottle as I was squirting it in. This was a regular syringe, not a Leur-lock. Not a spill technically because it was contained in the bottle. After digging around with tweezers I could retrieve it.

sh_

ECF Veteran
Dec 20, 2011
USA
Well my worse so far was, in my opinion just a noob thing...

I was filling my carto, even before I had a clear idea of what I was doing, I filled the carto completely (first mistake), put the drip tip (2nd mistake) and blow the juice other the thread side, just a little detail that I didnt had a paper tower on that end... so... you can imagine the mess... I had overfilled my carto to make the liquid reach the limit of the the drip tip end...

After that I learned how to refill the cartos watching some videos here and youtube :D

Now a days I use a syringe and top off the carto twice a day w/o overfill it.

Vaping and learning...

Bostonsnboxers

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2011
NW OH, US
I opened my brand new bottle of Cap cola and inserted a 1 ml syringe and removed the amount I needed...went to put the dropper tip back on and hit it at an angle and dumped half the bottle all over myself, the table, and everything else inthe area :( So far though, that's been my only spill with vape related stuff.

ctourtelot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2009
Richmond, VA
My worst was spilling about 5ml of 100mg nic liquid all over myself. I was worried a bit about nic poisoning, but all I got was a light buzz.... go figure. I rarely use gloves when I mix because I used to work in an ecig retail store and I was covered in nic liquid several hours a day with no ill effects so unless I get my hands on something higher than 100mg, I'm not that concerned about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread