What juice does not gunk up your cartomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

meems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2010
Ohio
Look gang. If you're worried about this with disposable cartos....

Start with DIY. vape unflavored 100% PG if you can take it. Mix small batches, increasing VG a little each time until you get to your ratio. VG is also rumored to be a "clogger".

Next add flavoring... lighter 1st. The darker/sweeter stuff is gunkier. Try grape. Try TPA RY4. Try Vanilla.

I'm sure you can find a mix that lasts weeks. But I still say its a $2.00 carto. Atties rule. Last me a month or more (I retire them at a month). Still have to blow em out/rinse em tho.

Attys just don't taste good to me....dripping is a complete PITA...and I never did win the fight with my bottom feeder. I want my carto flavor.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
how do you get the batting back into the dc's? (i love them btw)
im guessing you are using the clear duals? i havent tried them...yet. (ive used ccv duals and they are awesome)

If you ever take a dual coil cartomizer apart it's a small sheet of batting wrapped around the two coils. You just remove the plastic outershell like I described, and carefully unwrap the little sheet. I just hold it in my hand and run it under hot water. I then get a paper towel and dab it dry. I get a cup of hot water and dip the center coils into the cup. If you see gunk on the center coils (I don't but clean them almost every other time I fill them) get a tooth pick and scrape the gunk off. Then carefully roll the little sheet of batting around the coils and stick it back in the plastic shell.

It's dry within a couple minutes and I just fill it up and it's good as new.

I think you can only do this with clear dual coils.

Last edited:

David Bruno

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2009
Iron Mountain , Michigan
I find blends such as 70PG and 30 VG clogg less. The straight VG blends are harder on Carto's and Atty's IMO.I find darker/ sweeter juices can play havoc on atty's/ Carto's. These juices seem to do better at Hi Volts, burns it off faster. I like RY4 blends and don't seem to have much trouble with them. I use Big oversize carto's with Tornado batts and am very happy.
I've darn near used all the major PV'S over tha last 2 plus years and the Tornado/ cartos work consistant for me.

VaporTrails

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2011
Somewhere High.
The juice that hasn't even really affected my ECHO cart at all from day one is Vaporbomb's Bubble Gum. It's almost clear, a very slight pink tint to it. Running 80pg/20vg, 24mg nic. Been using this same cart and juice pretty solid for the last 2-3 weeks and the combination still works it did on day one. It's one I can count on for an interesting sweet flavor, loaded with decent TH and more vapor production than most in the juice arsenal here.

MaxUT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 4, 2009
Ogden, UT, US
The juices that I've found work best in cartos are from Vapor Junction: Tampa, Texas, Phoenix and Frisco, all tobacco flavors, all in PG. I've gotten as many as 10 days out of a carto using these juices, and only changed it because it started to get an off taste.

I once bought a bottle of Frisco in VG but it was so thick I had to add 5% water and 5% ethanol to thin it down.

Halo Freedom, Smooth 8 and Torque 56 also worked well. They're also thin juices.

Tasty Vapor Tobacco is a clogger. I used to get less than a week out of an 801 atty before the draw become too tight and the vapor production fell off.

MASTER0FDAMPF

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2011
Philly
I've yet to find a TV juice that didn't murder my cartos in less than a day...light or dark..

Honeyvilles BB muffin lasted me about 3 days....same with vape a licious strawberry lavaflow, KBV seems to be holding up well, I'm just not that into the flavors I have...they all seem to have a coconut undertone.

Honeyville has 39c 5ml bottles right now. I ordered 40+ for 20$ after shipping. A great way to try out some flavors.

Tracker II

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
Illinois
My all day vape is Nicvape's Jr Mints Daddy and it is so because it not only taste great (to me anyways), but it is extremely easy on cartomizers. Somewhat surprising since Rich says it is 50/50 PG/VG and a rich flavor to boot. I can go longer on Jr Mints Daddy per carto than some of my crystal clear juices that are 70/30 like BWB Blueberry which I also love. Go figure.

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
That's what I'm looking for... specific juices. I'm going to try those because I'm tired of tossing cartos after a few fills. Thanks!

Keep um coming, folks! :)

If you want a specific juice, I vape nhalers nuport. It's PG and it only comes in 24 but he does have a doubler you could add to it and add some PGvg to drop the nic if you wanted to.

His juice tastes the same regardless of what I use- tank, cartos, dual coils. Taste never changes. For a PG it's not thin but not thick enough to gunk anything up.

M_FactorX19

ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2011
N.E. Tennessee
I am terrible at describing flavors. One thing i can say is that its one of the absolutely few juices i have tried that i can vape forever. Its a taste i cant see anyone getting tired of, crisp and distinctive flavor but nowhere near over powering. Very clean (clear liquid) looking and tasting juice and perfect summer vape. One of the first things that hit me when i vaped it was that it tastes like summer? Feels little bit like your drinking something that cools you off on a hot day.
I think other vendors sell this as honeysuckle. I would highly highly recommend it.

i havent tried KBVs but i have tried Joogler Juices Honeysuckle and it is very good. also clear as water. they also have a $5 off coupon (ECF5OFF) that will get you a free bottle of their juice so you really have nothing to lose other than like $2 shipping.

est

Apr 27, 2011
Texas
Alien Visions Boba's Bounty is a dark 100% VG juice that performs excellent in my bmf carto. 'Been topping it off daily for about a week now. Same goes for their Chai (90% VG).

Halo has already been mentioned, all of their juices work very well.

Generally, and quite unfortunately, I have found that tobacco juices with macerated tobacco will quickly ruin a carto.

I am glad to hear that BWB juices perform well in cartos as I have several on order.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I've found that BWB Malty Toffee, which is 30pg/70vg and on the dark side after steeping, is a clogging offender in Boge cartos, probably because it is a sugary based sweet vape.

OTOH, I do just fine with Awesome Vapor Turkish Blend (100%pg). It's kind of a Camel tobacco that is mild and tasty, but not too sweet. It's relatively clear and pale yellow after steeping. It's thin and soaks into the filler in a Boge carto within a couple of seconds after you load it with drops while held at a slant.

Clear and thin is the key, IMO. If it doesn't disappear into the filler quickly, you may have a problem down the line.

ronlitton

Sep 22, 2010
Monticello, FL
My experience is with an eGo and Boge LR cartos. With that combo, I find that I have to use a 70/30 PG/VG blend or thinner (more PG), no matter what the flavor is. Otherwise, I get gunked up cartos and "burnt wick" taste, because the juice can't wick to the heating element as fast as I vape. When I make darker juices, I go to thinner blends (more PG, less VG). Atties, carts, and CE2's have different requirements. Oh, and FYI, I use a carto for days with no cleaning, until the draw gets hard, then I drop it into an empty whipped butter container. Once the butter container has a dozen or so in it, I soak them all in water and change the water once an hour for 3-4 changes, then centrifuge out the water and set them out to dry overnight, and reuse them. Sometimes I'll additionally soak with Everclear, by putting on the carto condoms and filling it with Everclear and sitting for at least an hour before rinsing in water. I'm still using cartos that I bought and started using last year (though a few have bit the dust).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread