What kind of rechargeable E-cig to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

julieah3

Jul 21, 2012
Oregon
I've been vaping for a few months so far. After I started disposables, I bought 1 more pack of cigarettes and decided I actually like e-cigs better than regulars.

I'm still looking for my favorite e liquid flavors, bases, etc. I began with disposables and am now using a V2 e cig kit. I'm not unhappy with it but I'm considering purchasing another starter kit. I've read several reviews but I thought I'd ask here.

This seems like a great forum. There's so much to learn!

Any suggestions or advice is Welcome ;)

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
If you want something cig-alike, them Smokeless Image Volts (78mm batteries) are what I used that finally got me off cigs. 65mm Volt batteries are 220mah
78mm Volt batteries are 320mah

If you want something with longer battery life Smokless Image Volt X2s come in 650mah, 900mah, and 1300mah, the Kgo is the same, and the eGo twist is the same and will give you variable volt allowing you to basically adjust your vaping experience.

100 mah = roughly an hour of vaping time.

It's basically a matter of which delivery method you prefer... cig-like, or bigger with the option to use cartos, clearos, small tanks etc.

Beyond these options, there are mods, then you get into more initial cost but some will last a very very long time. Provaris, rebuildable genesis attys, hybrids, box mods, bottom feeders, etc.

Ask yourself what you're looking for from vaping, what's important to you as far as form, ease of use, battery life, and then go from there.

msclive

Apr 21, 2012
San Jose CA
Dude not even a question. Buy MagicMist kits. Way better than V2 (Greensmoke quality) and good prices. They are running an intro promotion (40% off or something like that). I like their customer service, free shipping and the fact that their cartridges compatible with V2. Makes ordering easy.

I had this horror story with V2 when I ordered a kit using overnight shipping because I was leaving for an international vacation in 3 days. They sent via overnight shipping but sent the package out after 2 days. I never got the package as it got returned to sender as I was out of the country for more than a month. Also V2 routinely goes out of stock, man. Hard to believe a company like that can operate in America.

bmrdave

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2011
Irving, TX
I'm having good luck with the Go-Go, but be warned that it's a proprietary system. The carts are huge and the battery lasts all day, but you're locked into the system with its thread dimensions.
Not a problem at all for me but some like more flexibility to buy carts and attys from other sources.
(I don't even know if this has helped you at all!:?: )

Last edited:

Mroutlaw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Deerfield Beach, Florida
www.
The most recommended cigarette look-alike is the volt I'm smokeless image. Their customer service is second to none and they are very fast shippers. Their batteries last between 2 to 4 hours, the carts last a long time and can be refilled over and over and don't burn easily. They are very reasonably priced with starter kits beginning at $20. There is also a 15% off coupon available. They even have a promotion on their forum for a free battery, bottle of juice or pack of cartos. Check out this video to see the volt. It also discusses the x2, which is the same as a kgo.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELM4QhceR7o&feature
If you want something larger like the size of a sharpie look at the kgo.

I've only been vaping for two months now, started with an automatic 808 system and upgraded to a larger 808 battery after a couple of weeks, shortly after that I bought a manual 510 starter kit because there are more "accessories" available(carts, cartos, attys,tanks, tips, batteries etc.) also ordered a 900mah manual ego-c battery at the same time (its about as thick as a cigar)- love the big battery and rarely use the smaller 510s (about the size of a regular analog)- but I figured things could get better! So...I ordered a 1000mah ego twist. - Great battery, the adjustability of the voltage makes it IMO almost perfect (currently), it's just a little too long, so I mainly use it at home. So..... I will be ordering a 900mah ego twist soon :laugh:
I mainly use cartomizers and stardusts - will be ordering some kanger cartos and re-buildable stardusts soon (wrecked the stardusts when I let them soak in some too hot water when i was cleaning them and the bottom of the tanks warped)

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
I'll join in with the others who have recommended the eGo Twist. The only problem with the Twist is that I don't know anyone that sells them in a starter kit, so you will have to buy a charger, drip tips, and your cartos, clearos, etc. separately.

If you decide to go that direction and need some help, let us know.

julieah3

Jul 21, 2012
Oregon
"If you decide to go that direction and need some help, let us know."

Thank you all so much!

I've been enjoying e-cigs for several months but have neglected to educate myself. Since finding this forum last night, I realize I'm just beginning to understand how much there is to know ~ way more than I thought.

I looked at the Twist and caught on I'd need a compatible starter kit. My issues with the V2 may be related to my lack of education so I'll give you a bit more info. There seems to be a range of performance with the V2s but I'm not sure of the cause and wonder if the variability is due to the various vaping liquids I'm trying. I've noticed that if the battery is getting low or the cartridge is low the performance drops off but I think more is going on here. Sometimes the auto battery doesn't work at all and I emailed V2 about that.

The features I think I'm looking for...

~strong consistent vapor with a good throat hit along with strong flavor
~longer lasting batteries than the V2
~reliability, of course
~affordability
~it sounds like I want the Twist battery, so compatibility with that
~as an ex-smoker, I think I like the look and feel of the cigarette looking e-cigs but might change my mind
for increased performance - same thing pertains to weight, light weight preferred

Any suggestions or input is welcome. From my first impression it looks like I may need to spend more than what the V2 cost and am willing to consider doing that for a quality set up.

Appreciatively,

julieah :)

JENerationX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2011
Rochester, NY
The features I think I'm looking for...

~strong consistent vapor with a good throat hit along with strong flavor
~longer lasting batteries than the V2
~reliability, of course
~affordability
~it sounds like I want the Twist battery, so compatibility with that
~as an ex-smoker, I think I like the look and feel of the cigarette looking e-cigs but might change my mind
for increased performance - same thing pertains to weight, light weight preferred

Any suggestions or input is welcome. From my first impression it looks like I may need to spend more than what the V2 cost and am willing to consider doing that for a quality set up.

Alright...... here's the problem. The eGo twist is 510 threaded (size of the connection you can screw stuff onto), and there is no 510 threaded cig-alike that I would ever recommend. So.... here's your solutions.

1. Smokeless Image 78mm Volt Kit.... then X2s from Smokeless Image if you want bigger and longer battery life and compatible with the 78mms. (you can get a 808/501 adapter if you want the Twist later)

2. Smokeless Image 78mm Volt Kit..... then get an adapter and a Twist or give up worrying about carto compatibility between the two.

3. Give up anything cig-like and choose between the eGo Twist, Kgo, or Smokeless Image Volt X2s and go straight to the big batteries.

Check out MrOutlaw's video for explanations and sizing on the Smokeless Image stuff. It'll give you an idea of the difference between the cig likes and the bigger batteries.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELM4QhceR7o

Last edited:

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
Dripping on Ego twist with Cisco 306 LR atomizers and bobas bounty got me off cigarettes. Used ego for last 2 years. They're great batteries. Get a whole day out of mine and I vape quite a bit. I'm moving up to the provari but that's a big expense. If I was starting again I wouldn't hesitate to go with something in the ego-c lineup.

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx

idahoharleydude

Verified Member
Feb 20, 2010
Boise, ID
I too liked my 808 (like your v2). What I did was purchase a couple vGo batteries (they have the same 808 threads) and some drip tips and some juice. I had tons of empty carts. Walla, couldn't be happier. Tons of vapor. Super battery life lasts me a couple days. I have tried some of the bigger carts and tanks, but over all I find myself just grabbing an old 808 cart and dripping. The cool thing is if I happen to run out of juice I can buy a pack of prefilled 808 carts at any tobacco store.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread