What MOD do you use to vape Nicoticket in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
One more thing, if you're gonna go the rebuilding route then best learn about battery safety, ohms law. Baditude here has some good blogs, I would link them but I'm on my phone. You'll also need to buy some supplies Kanthal, ohm checker etc so factor that into your budget.

Baditude's blogs is where I learned a lot, really good resources. And this Steam Engine | free vaping calculators keeps me vaping safe and worry free.

tpriest1030

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2014
Somerset, KY, USA
I guess it's because you have to build your own coils and I've heard talk of blowing your face up? :) but I'll try it! Lol
I understand your fear. But! I've been doing it for about a month now and haven't had any problems. I always build my coil on the mod with no battery inside, then check ohms and things like that. There's a handy dandy chart somewhere around ECF that lists popular batteries and their ohm limits. I will see if I can find it.

taki1203

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2013
NorCal
I love that pic. It is what it feels like. :D

And I don't what your take is but like you I tend to build on the low side as well, I really like a nice cloud of vapor as you can see from my "candy crush" vid. But even at .4 ohms I don't really feel like I am sacrificing flavor. I started building at .8 ohms and have dropped from there and haven't noticed any loss in flavor just an increase in vapor production. Even when I am vaping 50/50.

Yeah, took me ~9 months to get to the levels I'm at. Cyclones have duels @ 0.35, drippers are duels at 0.30 and 0.35 and the two single coil builds are at ~0.5. I really can't see going lower since I'm pretty happy lol.

One more thing, if you're gonna go the rebuilding route then best learn about battery safety, ohms law. Baditude here has some good blogs, I would link them but I'm on my phone. You'll also need to buy some supplies Kanthal, ohm checker etc so factor that into your budget.

This is also good advice on battery safety. Also consider that once you start rebuilding you will no longer need to buy premade coils and stuff. I think I have enough wire and cotton to last me a good 2 years lol.

Sony VTC5s and Efest 35A's are all I vape in terms of batteries.

Last edited:

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I don't want to rebuild. I'd rather suck it up and buy them if not too expensive. Is that an option for the REO's, to purchase them?

You can buy them. The only other thing is installing them, it does take somewhat of a steady hand but it's not impossible if you don't have that. I have some carpal tunnel from gaming and being on the PC so much and my hands will "lock up" on me at times but still manage to get it done. If you don't want to rebuild or don't feel like you couldn't you might be better served with another mod.

The Reo is more of a rebuilders mod for people who are interested in the hobby aspect of it.

Newportlocal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 14, 2013
Orange County,Calif.

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
If you can find a good b&m they should offer coil building help and safety guidance etc. It's really not hard, just look at some of the boneheads on youtube with their sick clouds brah.....if they can do it so can you.

I almost spit beer on the laptop when I read that. Thanks for the laugh. :D

tpriest1030

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2014
Somerset, KY, USA
It's actually cheaper to rebuild once you get started. In my opinion, anyways.
Dripping is like no other vaping experience! Since I've started dripping, I can barely stand to test juices in a tank. Everything seems so muted. Plus it's super fun (for me) to build coils, check resistance, wick and things like that. I'm always finding excuses to build coils. Lol!
Think about it, I spent 7.99 on 50 ft of kanthal. I use about 6 inches(give or take) per coil. I can't say anything about wicking material, I haven't had to buy it yet. My local b&m gave me a ton and miss sweet peach Emily sent me some rayon.
We will help you along the way! Dive in head first! When funds provide, of course.

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Dripping is like no other vaping experience! Since I've started dripping, I can barely stand to test juices in a tank. Everything seems so muted. Plus it's super fun (for me) to build coils, check resistance, wick and things like that. I'm always finding excuses to build coils. Lol!
Think about it, I spent 7.99 on 50 ft of kanthal. I use about 6 inches(give or take) per coil. I can't say anything about wicking material, I haven't had to buy it yet. My local b&m gave me a ton and miss sweet peach Emily sent me some rayon.
We will help you along the way! Dive in head first! When funds provide, of course.

I agree, I got 100ft of 28ga Kanthal off of Amazon for about $6.50 with free prime shipping, the japanese cotton was kind of expensive but I have so much of it I could supply most of the NT forum with enough to last them a year and still have plenty left unless you rewick everyday.

And it's very calming for me when I start to build everything else is forgotten and it's just me, my tools, and the mod. Not too mention that satisfaction of the first puff after a clean build nothing like it in vaping imho.

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO

Tay you need to go here for wire...100 feet for $5 roughly and free shipping: Kanthal Wire 30 Gauge RW0107 - 100 FT 0.39oz Series A-1 Resistance AWG

tpriest1030

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2014
Somerset, KY, USA
I like 26 gauge and 28 gauge, personally. As far as wicking material, I've only tried organic cotton and rayon. Rayon for the win between those two. But I hear Japanese cotton is amazing.
I got a cheapo set of precision screwdrivers from walmart for $1.95 and that's what I use to wrap my coils. I'm sure you have some laying around somewhere, Lynn.

Last edited:

tpriest1030

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2014
Somerset, KY, USA

ReigntheGamer

ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
I like 26 gauge and 29 gauge, personally. As far as wicking material, I've only tried organic cotton and rayon. Rayon for the win between those two. But I hear Japanese cotton is amazing.
I got a cheapo set of precision screwdrivers from walmart for $1.95 and that's what I use to wrap my coils. I'm sure you have some laying around somewhere, Lynn.

If you'd like to try some JC I'd be glad to send you some. I have plenty, and since I got it I am in awe of the flavor I was missing just using regular OC from Walgreens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread