What Model Should I Buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
There have been many post on here stating that blu cigs have issues. One poster stated the battery lasted one hour and the throat hit was mild at best.

A manual switch PV is one that has a button you push that allows you to heat the atomizer longer, better vapor and better throat hit. The 510/Janty Dura-C is a popular model and well supported. It gets about 2-3 hours between batteries. The DSE901 which is a popular auto switch PV is coming out next week with a manual battery and will be available from most suppliers.

The bigger battery manual switch PV's have batteries that last 6-8 hours between charges and cost about $2 to replace. Here are some web sites:

The Big Four in Manual Switch PV’s:

Screwdriver: ecigscrewdriver.com
Prodigy: PureSmoker.com - Your #1 Source For PV's, Parts, & Accessories!
GG: THE GG
JantyStick: Janty USA

Best liked PV poll:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/general-discussion/14342-whats-your-favorite-pv.html

510:

http://www.e-smokeytreats.com/
www.eastmall.net

Cancer

ECF Veteran
Apr 15, 2009
New Jersey
I say hands down in my humblest opinion "The Janty Stick" its small,has a built in passthrough,accepts different atomizers, offers either auto or manual switches, and sealed batteries at 70$ . Hopefully my Prodigy will arrive by Saturday so i will have a new favorite. I say spare the newbies the 501,510,801, and 901 headaches.:cool:

Annastasia

ECF Veteran
May 12, 2009
Portland, Oregon
www.annstorer.com
For someone just starting out, I really think the 901 is a good choice. It's not the *best* e-cig in the world, but it's simple, readily available from many suppliers so you can shop around, and reliable. It's also roughly the same size and shape as a regular cigarette, something that's often important to people just starting out. It's easier to refill than some other models I've tried, and once you get into using juice (and you probably will!) it's easy to drip on the atomizer.

I have 3 different models now after a month of vaping, and I still return to my 901 when I just want a consistent smoke.

Just make sure you stock up on spare parts. :p

Good luck!

prof beard

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2009
Stafford UK
The BEST e-cig for a new vaper is one that's inexpensive, reliable, has spare parts/carts/etc...readily available and is well reviewed and common.

That's my opinion.
I agree - I'd say go for a 901. If you want a "mod style" device later, you'll have lots of 901 atomisers to use with it as well!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread