The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Noob, just got my Blu. How can I make it better?

Discussion in 'Blu Electronic Cigarettes' started by InSoMnIaC, Sep 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Scry

Scry Full Member

Jan 28, 2010
    North Hollywood
    Yeah, that's the charger's "safety" mechanism. It won't continually try to charge the battery if it's full. Unfortunately it seems to be defective at times and will not charge your battery at all even if it's dead -- probably some engineering problem in the safety mechanism. If you see it go blue/red and it stays red for more than just a single flash, it's not charged. I advise you to leave them on the charger for 2 1/2 hours regardless of what the charging light says, because that's just how long it takes to fully recharge a dead L88 battery.

2. cheeto_1983

cheeto_1983 Full Member

Feb 22, 2010
    Texas
    More vapor = don't tight lip it...loose lip it and let it whistle a little bit when you drag to get max vapor. As for flavor you are going to have to buy liquid and thats going to be messy and annoying but people on here love to do it, so I guess they would be the experts on that. I can't believe how many people hate the blu...I tried it and loved it, my wife does now, and my friend grabbed one after us. It just keeps spreading! Give stuff a chance...

3. FreshDrag

FreshDrag Full Member

Feb 26, 2010
    California
    If your a visual learner, look up the Blu Ecig on Youtube and there are a million tutorial vids as well as reviews and several different methods of how to get more vapor out of the Blu.

Happy Vaping!
    Hopefully I get my Blu in soon too! :D

4. THeGAMe

THeGAMe Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Issaquah, WA
    After you put on a new flavor cartridge, get a paperclip and pull the juice cup out of the cartridge. Remove the foil and put it back. That in itself will make the experiance ALOT better IMO.

5. sherid

sherid Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 25, 2008
    USA
    Two places for best coffee flavor: Janty cappuccino, and Buy Electronic Cigarette, E-Liquid, Skins And More! Keoke coffee

6. jambandphan03

jambandphan03 Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 26, 2010
    OR
    I have tried and interchanged parts from both blu and volcano. I found that if I drip on the volcano atty, it gives me about 8-10 puffs per 2 drops, just touch the tip of your juice bottle to the mesh and gently squeeze out a drop as you slide it along one side the mesh "V", then flip over and do the same, that way you control how much juice is going onto the wick, rather than dripping it from above, possibly missing or putting too much at once. It's kind of a combination of dripping and dipping. I found this worked well for me. I also found it to be fairly tedious to refill the little carts for the volcano/blu. It takes a little getting used to, but if you "drip" the way I mentioned, you might get better results with out flooding or ruining your battery. It basically spreads one drop along each side of the mesh allowing it to soak in more evenly and more controlled. Just be careful not to squeeze too much juice out onto your wick. 1 drop on each side of the wick is plenty.

Volcano is about to release a 510 model (Magma) so that is good news for those who like the company,their great customer service, fast shipping and might want to try a 510 model. It should be released very soon. I don't know what their pricing will be just yet. They put together a new version of the PCC for the 510, but I have not seen it up close (waiting on the kit I just won in a contest to arrive so I can compare it to the other 510 parts I have) The nice thing is 510 and L88B parts work together, so if you are curious, you can order just a 510 atomizer, try it with your blu/volcano batteries and see how you like it. Also if you want another filler alternative for the carts, try the blue foam mod, just look it up here in the forum.
    Everybody has different wants/needs from their e cigs, so don't give up on something you like just because it did not work for other people.

7. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    Great advice, didn't know about this. Thx :)

8. Froglegs

Froglegs Full Member

Mar 31, 2010
    Cottageville, SC
    This thread has been incredibly helpful. Thanks to all who have contributed to it.

9. chefskeeter

chefskeeter Full Member

May 8, 2010
    Catskill, NY
    did not like the blu and now have a 510 and love it! next is an EGO with low resistance atomizer

10. woolfe99

woolfe99 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 14, 2010
    San Francisco
    I used the Blu for my first 3.5 weeks of vaping. I now have an Ego. Honestly, if you want to keep vaping the Blu, you are going to have to direct drip the atty, as someone described above. Just pull off the cart, put 2 drops on the triangular atty wick, pop it back on, and in general you get good vapes for about 10 minutes. Then repeat.

Honestly, my opinion is that the vast majority of vapors end up using either cartomizers or direct dripping, because in the longrun, fiddling with cartridges is a PitA. After I switched to the Ego, I noticed that the 510 carts did hold more than the Blu carts, but they still sucked and required constant modding to get half-decent life.

So most will end up with cartos or dripping. Since you can't get cartos for the Blu, that leaves dripping as the alternative, assuming you want to stay with the Blu.

My advice to new users, whatever the model, is just to skip to where you'll be at the endpoint and avoid the fuss.

- wolf

11. researcheverything

researcheverything Senior Member ECF Veteran

Apr 13, 2010
    Texas
    refill is easy and so fast / I just take my paperclip that I added to the pcc (shoulda came with one) pull out my fluval foam (again mentioned dozens of times elsewhere I am sure) put in 8-9 drops and stuff the foam back in / outstanding vapor and longevity of cart. Stock carts last 2-3 per day. These take 1 1/2 per day. That puts me at less than a dollar a day vaping from 2 packs / day smoking.

12. Koman

Koman Moved On ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2010
    lv
    It takes some time to get accustomed with them. It took me a while also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.