Noob, just got my Blu. How can I make it better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
If your cart isn't emptying completely, it is probably due to the way the carts are mass-produced. Sometimes the cart filler (fiber-poly-fill) gets packed too tightly into the cart. Use a paper clip to push the inner cart out slightly. Then use tweezers to "un-stuff" the cart. If you pack the cart with the filler loosely, it will wick better.

When I refill my carts, I will occasionally trim a very miniscule amount of the filler off to allow the cart to wick better. The more loosely the cart is packed, the faster it will wick. Tailor the filler to match the viscosity of the juice you use and you will find that your carts will wick wonderfully and not leak juice in your mouth or into your case.

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
no disrespect but why the hell did you buy a blu? if your a member of this forum, why didn't you run it buy people. they would have probs told you to get a 510.

I'm assuming you're referring to the OP as I didn't buy a Blu. Maybe the 510 doesn't suit him. Maybe he didn't know. Maybe he did. Maybe he became a member after he bought it.

There's nothing wrong with the JSB L88b model which is the model re-sold by Blu. Several other resellers sell the same model. The problem with Blu is poor service. I use a Volcano L88b quite happily as do many others.

There are many other models out there other than the 510. I had one and didn't like it. It didn't suit me but I don't go around telling everyone to toss theirs.

The OP was only asking how to make it better, not what everyone thinks he should have bought instead. As with any e-cig, there are tricks, tips, and techniques to get the most out of it. Asking about them shouldn't be grounds to degradingly question the man's choice.

I don't mean this as any sort of attack on your statement. I only point out that it's not particularly constructive. Some folks like to indulge in Blu bashing from time to time. Blu brought that upon themselves with their service record. But the consumer shouldn't be the one to bear the burden.

If I have mistaken your intents, then accept my apology.

Scamz

ECF Veteran
Feb 1, 2009
Wembley, London, England
I'm assuming you're referring to the OP as I didn't buy a Blu. Maybe the 510 doesn't suit him. Maybe he didn't know. Maybe he did. Maybe he became a member after he bought it.

There's nothing wrong with the JSB L88b model which is the model re-sold by Blu. Several other resellers sell the same model. The problem with Blu is poor service. I use a Volcano L88b quite happily as do many others.

There are many other models out there other than the 510. I had one and didn't like it. It didn't suit me but I don't go around telling everyone to toss theirs.

The OP was only asking how to make it better, not what everyone thinks he should have bought instead. As with any e-cig, there are tricks, tips, and techniques to get the most out of it. Asking about them shouldn't be grounds to degradingly question the man's choice.

I don't mean this as any sort of attack on your statement. I only point out that it's not particularly constructive. Some folks like to indulge in Blu bashing from time to time. Blu brought that upon themselves with their service record. But the consumer shouldn't be the one to bear the burden.

If I have mistaken your intents, then accept my apology.

I was simply trying to understand what he did research wise before his purchase. If he didn't know, my answer would have been different to if he knew, had made a decision and wants hints and tips on making the devise as good as possible. I think you got the wrong end of the stick mate.

chzhed5

Dec 5, 2009
Virginia
litecigusa.com has an atty for the 801 model that fits the blu. the blu carts do not fit on the 801 atty so you need to make sure to get some carts. I refill my blu carts and I get an amazing throat hit.
Both of my blu atomizers died within a month:mad: and since it takes so long to get anything from blucig I ordered the atty from litecig.
I love my blu, I bought a vapormaxx because it has a bigger battery that lasts longer but it's no where near as good as my blu.
I have found all sorts of great mods and diy stuff online and videos on youtube.
Good luck

permanganate

Jan 15, 2010
California
Sorry about this really noob question. I've tried searching but I couldn't find a definitive answer. I have the blu and I got the m801 atty's and m801 carts. So to do the PTB mods. Are you supposed to place the PTB inside the inner cartridge replacing the original polyfill? Or are you supposed to remove the inner cart totally and place the PTB inside the mouth piece?

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Sorry about this really noob question. I've tried searching but I couldn't find a definitive answer. I have the blu and I got the m801 atty's and m801 carts. So to do the PTB mods. Are you supposed to place the PTB inside the inner cartridge replacing the original polyfill? Or are you supposed to remove the inner cart totally and place the PTB inside the mouth piece?

You use it instead of the polyfill. Everything else should stay the same.

frankieb0nez02

Jan 19, 2010
New York
Hello all, new to the forum, thought id chime in...

My experience with the blu:

I waited patiently knowingly for 3 weeks to receive my blu kit. My first ever delve into the vaping world. When i received the kit i was pleasantly surprised despite all the negative press they have received. The product itself is great , decent performance and it's been about a week since i got it and havnt touched an analog since then.

I too have been searching for ways to get the most out of it.

The stock carts are a hit and miss, sometimes it puts out great flavor, good vapor, and a surprisingly decent throat hit, albeit very rare. I ordered juice from dietsmokes.com, dulcis and classic tobacco from vaportalk both @ 24mg, (which taste amazing btw), and a few 510 attys. I also picked up some lipton teabags.

I used the teabag method on on both the 510 and blu carts and i must say that i am ecstatic over the difference in performance. Both the blu and 510 attys perform similarly well using the teabag method. Consistent vapor (moreso on the 510, but that was expected), great flavor and great great throat hit.

I ordered a few 510 manual batteries and a charger so now, in essence, i have a blu and a 510 pv. The 510 is my at home vape when im working on video, graphics and websites. The blu is my takeout pv because of it's size and the sexy PCC.

Using the teabag method helps the blu tremendously and is very comparible (in my mind at least) to the legendary 510 (which i absolutely love). Both are great products and i have already recommended them to every smoker i know. Most of my friends have purchased the blu (in white to avoid the delay debacle) and a few of them have ordered the 510.

To everyone that are on the fence as to which PV to get, u can't go wrong with either. The blue needs a little modding (teabag and/or 510 attys) to get going, and the 510 is just a champ out of the box. Hope this helps.

Also, do the sidesho batteries work with the blu/510 attys?

Although i am new to the ecig scene, i will do my best to answer any questions, moreso on the BLU. Happy vaping everyone!

hxj

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2009
Arlington, MA
Yes, and vice versa. Just don't use interchange the chargers. It will kill the batteries.

"Fit" is a relative term, here. Yes, a 510 atomizer will physically attach to a blu battery, and it will function, but of course they are different diameters and it's very much a Frankenstein sort of affair.

If you want a more 510-like response from a blu, you might want to try a 306 atomizer, which is basically JOYE's blu-size version of the 510. It was also sold by Janty as the Minifogger, I think. I have a couple of these, and they run hotter like the 510 (though not quite as hot). Last I checked, Rocky Mountain Vapor had them for $8.

The downside, of course, is that nothing tastes as good. The blu has a lousy rep, but of the four e-cigs I've tried so far (blu/Volcano, 510, 306, and Revolver Elite/702), it wins hands-down on flavour, presumably because it runs cooler and doesn't scorch the liquid.

The blu is still my favourite e-cig for largely this reason. The 702 has a better PCC, but it runs hot and flavour and flavour consistency both suffer. The 306 is decent overall but has no PCC. And the 510 I personally dislike for many reasons, including size, flavour, and irritating PCC.

(And yes, I know I'm firmly in the minority on these issues. Maybe even a minority of one. ;) )

well i just orderd my blu yesterday, its going to be my first ecig, i was looking around locally to see if i could find a ecig so i wouldnt have to wait but the nearest place i could find that sells any is the pilot thats 40 miles up the interstate and i just didnt feel like driving that and back so i just orderd the blu, i orderd it in white so i hope i get it in the next week or two because that spend my cig money for like the next month. lol. i am currently unemployed but make my money by donateing plasma 2 times a week while i am looking for a job. i plan on buying a few more batterys and attys once i can afford it if i like it. i am not a heavy smoker and i like the fact that it comes with a easy to use pcc. i only go though a pack every 2-3 days so i figure this should be fine for me but time will tell. i will probly try that PTB mod i see everyone talking about once i can afford to order some juice. now i realy like the taste of coffie but cafieen puts me to sleep so i have to drink decaf but i want to know who out there sells the best tasteing coffee flavor juice? thanks in advance :)

FoxTrot3000

HexKrak

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
Phoenix
I ordered my blu last Tuesday and got it Monday, but I got white so I wouldn't have to wait for the black backorder. I like the charging options, the usb and power adapter and all that comes with the kit.

I ordered my 510 on the same day and got it Thursday.

Having had a chance to use both I can say I like the packaging/components of the blu a lot, but I still feel the 510 is a superior device. When I get a charging pack and a usb batt charger I'll probably stop carrying the blu unless I feel the need for hands free vaping.

katnbrian

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2009
Louisiana
Hi, I just got my first e-cig today (blu) and it's not too bad. I'm used to smoking about a pack of marlboro lights a day and I really want to swtich to e-cigs. The hit of the blu really isn't bad, and the price was great. I got mine in 4 days. I hear references to tea leaves and dripping. I want the closest flavor to a Marlboro Light with as much vapor as possible. Can some offer me some guidance? What can I do to my blu to get some more vapor? I apologize for asking what is probably a very common question. I greatly appreciate any advice you experts can give me. Thanks!
ah yes the blu ..our first ecig thought it was the greatest thing for a few days till I found this forum and saw what real ecigs are. They arent cigs at all,THEY R MUCHO BETTER. Got me a Protege then my wife got a Protege and the rest is HAPPY vaping history.
There are many other battery bods I guess they call them. Just give in and get something other then a blu.... you are going to anyhoo so just do it now and save the aggrivation.
Just my 5 cents:rolleyes:

ah yes the blu ..our first ecig thought it was the greatest thing for a few days till I found this forum and saw what real ecigs are. They arent cigs at all,THEY R MUCHO BETTER. Got me a Protege then my wife got a Protege and the rest is HAPPY vaping history.
There are many other battery bods I guess they call them. Just give in and get something other then a blu.... you are going to anyhoo so just do it now and save the aggrivation.
Just my 5 cents:rolleyes:

Your logic is flawed. No offense. I agree on getting a battery mod, or at least a passthrough, but not everyone wants to run around looking like they are smoking out of a gigantour piece and get crazy looks from everyone.

I have a screwdriver that arrived yesterday, and so far I am loving it, way more vapor and throat hit then the L88B and not bad taste but... to be quite frank I would never take it out of the house... been pondering my car to cut slack on the battery use of my Volcano but not sure if that is a go yet.

I know this post is old but i really don't know where else to put it as i'm a newbie and did look, so i guess i will put it here.

To the customers who have used the usb charger... does you battery charger ever STAY completely blue once it is charged... because mine rarely do. Even if I leave it all night in the USB charger, screwed iin tight all the way, it still flashes between red and blue!

It never stays blue all the way!! Has this happened to anyone else??

RyRy*

txrankin5

Feb 19, 2010
East Texas
I know this post is old but i really don't know where else to put it as i'm a newbie and did look, so i guess i will put it here.

To the customers who have used the usb charger... does you battery charger ever STAY completely blue once it is charged... because mine rarely do. Even if I leave it all night in the USB charger, screwed iin tight all the way, it still flashes between red and blue!

It never stays blue all the way!! Has this happened to anyone else??

RyRy*

Just got my blu today charged it with the usb it flashed red and blue. ad a customer service guy on live chat while it was charging he said if it flashes from red to blue that means its charged. Hope he told me right!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread