What new mod and tank to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
vape" data-source="post: 18257113" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
MC vape said:
If anyone has cuboid please let us know about tank fitting issues or any other issues. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Have to clean out the 510 sometimes. I like it for the 2 18650s and good temp. control.

Reactions: MC Vape

MattVid

Aug 6, 2015
Seattle, WA, USA
Im gonna end up with the same things by the end of next week plus I bought Kayfun V5 clone. All I need is to finally mix some good ejuice and Im good. [emoji41][emoji106]
Sweet. I will try to remember to post some pictures of everything after I get it in. I am sure it will be beneficial if you haven't already bought them ;) Will probably be next week. Really busy this summer, so there might be a delay on that ...

Funny, just got my 1 year anniversary alert on these forums ... right when buying my next vape setup. Thanks everyone! :)

EDIT: And holy crap, my stuff is already shipped!

Last edited:
Reactions: Eskie

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Kayfun V5 clone. So far not bad. I destroyed both of the coils that came with it. RBA deck is kind of too tight.
For all of you MTL vapers this tank can be used for it. Even at 4 dots airflow its still tighthter draw than Kanger Subtank Mini. On 1 or 2 can definitelly be used for MTL.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    910.3 KB · Views: 25
Reactions: GemInEye

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
Sorry to hear that, sucks, big time. I ask myself similar questions all the time. I have found, when something is stolen, it is 1000 times more work to catch the person than the cost of the item stolen. It is the sad world we live in.

Good luck on getting your stuff back, or on your next order. So far so good with my setup. I am getting a little leaking, but I mainly think my wicking on the new velocity decks is poor. Need to practice more!

Kayfun V5 doesnt leak at all. Its a good thing you can even close juice holes if you dont vape so its very good tank.
I still cant believe people can go that far to steal someones mail even if they dont know whats inside and whats the value of it. They just made me feel miserable like you expect a gift from Santa and you wake up in the morning and dont get one.

Reactions: NavVet1969

sawlight

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2009
Kansas
is sigeli 100W any good? trying to advise a friend who doesn't want to spend much. I am aware it doesn't do TC properly, not an issue for him.
I dunno, but in general, Sigeli as a company isn't seeming to stand behind anything, CS is terrible and there are a lot of unhappy campers out there. I rate them with Wismec, companies that will never get another dime from me!
I don't own and have never used one, so please keep that in mind, just personal opinion from what I've read.

Reactions: OhTheAgony

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
My first thoughts on my new gear.
Cuboid mod is awesome. The fire button rattles and wobbles a little but that doesnt bother me much. + and - buttons are plastic but that doesnt bother me either. Overall the mod sits well in my hard, looks good and it has some weight for a little mod. Tanks sit very well on in and they look good imo.
Second I've only tried Limitless Plus RDTA so far. The tank doesnt come with 510 drip tip it only has the 510 adapter. You need to know how to wick it properly otherwise you will get dry hits all the time. Its large I think its 6ml capacity and thats kind of big for me because I was using 3.5-4ml before. I still cant used to that complete lung inhale so I think Im gonna need to drop my nicotine and play with it more to see how it works. It kind of promises the flavor but I still didnt find proper way to wick it and use it.
I havent tried Griffin 25 yet but it has the same wide bore drip tip which is kind of too much for me at this point. Maybe I'll need some time to get used to it. For now I still like little restricted drag like Kanger subtank mini and Kayfun V5 have. Well I'll keep on playing and will post more of my thoughts about them all.

Reactions: OhTheAgony

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
The Eleaf Istick 100w does have TC control. It's a very nice mod for the money! But for the same money, with thrifty shopping, you can get an Istick Pico, or Istick TC 200w. So a one, two or three battery mod, all do TC, all have more options than you and I will ever use and all can be had for around $40!
I'm a huge fan if you can't tell, I won't lie! I have a Pico and an Istick TC 200, I've used a TC 100 and probably would have bought it, but there was a sale and I got the 200w with three LGHG2's shipped for around $54? I wouldn't want it for my carry vape, the 100w or Pico are much better, and a lot lighter/smaller to carry.
All the tanks you've listed are above my limit, too airy for my MTL style of vaping, so I'm no help there at all, sorry. But I have an Avocado a Theorum and a TFV4. I like the Theorum the best, but Wismec will never get anymore of my money.

Thanks for you help. Im more for lung inhale but I'll check those tanks out.

Hi guys. I've been vapimg for almost a year now and I want to buy new mod and new tank but I am kind of stuck here.
My first mod was 20W small mod with Aspire Nautilus mini.
My second (current) mod is Innokin Itaste MVP 3 Pro (60W) and Im using Kangertech Subtank Mini and just using RBA head all the time.
Now I want to buy new mod and 1 or 2 tanks (rebuildable) but Im not sure which ones are good and strong. I like Eleaf Istick 100W mod but I was thinking to maybe buy a temperature controled mod and I dont want to spend a lot of money.

So my mod options for now are:

Elaef Ipower 80W
Innokin coolfire 4 TC100
Siegel T150 touchscreen
Laisimo L1 200W TC
Joye Cuboid 150W TC
Eleaf iSmoka iStick 100W (no temp control)
Joyetech eVic-VT 60W 5000mAh

TANKS:

IJoy Limitless RDTA
GeekVape Griffin 25
SmokTech TFV8 (but this one eats juice and has crazy low ohm so I afraid to buy it)
Goliath V2
Eleaf Lemo 2
Horizon Arctic V8
Uwell Crown Tank

These are just my options and what looks good to me.
Any suggestion is appreciated.
Thanks!

I like my Cuboid 150w/200w. Don'y vape that hi=lgh buy 2 18650s last better than the single or internal battery ones. Menu is very straightforward. If I wanted another tank it would have to have real top airflow (goes down to the coil) and juiceflow control. Top coil so less leaking would be a bonus. Ceravape tank is good and has a ceramic coil.

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
I like my Cuboid 150w/200w. Don'y vape that hi=lgh buy 2 18650s last better than the single or internal battery ones. Menu is very straightforward. If I wanted another tank it would have to have real top airflow (goes down to the coil) and juiceflow control. Top coil so less leaking would be a bonus. Ceravape tank is good and has a ceramic coil.

Yeah cuboid looks nice to me.
I dont see an RBA section for this Ceravape Tank?

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
I am pretty much in the same boat right now. Vaping for about a year, and am looking to upgrade or at least buy a new setup.

Currently, I am still using my Kanger Subtank Mini kit, and has worked flawlessly for almost a year now. With all these regulations hitting, and just because I should, I need to have more than one setup.

I was looking at the Merlin RTA by Augvape/Roxy. Still trying to figure out a good mod/base for that tank. I am a DL vaper, but am looking for more flavor rather than just huge clouds.

I am curious what you come up with, and am looking for good recommendations. I definitely want:
-Replaceable 18650 batteries in the mod (not proprietary or built in batteries)
-A rebuildable RTA, which supports 1 or more coils (Want to try experimenting with more coil builds than what I can currently do on the Subtank Mini).
-Most likely TC and 150+ watts (I haven't tried anything but Kanthal yet, and probably should)
-USB charge port on the mod (great for camping/backpacking with my Anker 26000mAh battery charger)

I read reviews about new Joye Limitless RTA. Everybody says its awesome and it look very nice. It has 2 coils.

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
DL is indeed Direct Lung Vaping & MTL is Mouth to Lung Vaping more similar to smoking a Cig. Yes the Kayfun v5 is DL style Vaping straight out of the box, and they have still managed to keep the flavor profile that Kayfun is known for. And also Top Fill. I would presume that you would really like that Tank, and Fastech had them instock at a significant savings of course;)

DL is use restricted air flow like a cig

MattVid

Aug 6, 2015
Seattle, WA, USA
Wait for the new Wismec Reuleaux RX2/3 TC Mod. They just updated the board the 510 pin to gold, And whatever else I don't know, but It's new and 200 watts of power for 50 bucks.
Interesting. I have tried a few of these out in the past, the only thing I didn't like was how bulky the 3 battery setup was. I am curious how the 2 battery setup will be, looks much smaller. This might be a good option, thanks for the heads up!

MattVid

Aug 6, 2015
Seattle, WA, USA
I was looking at the Cubis for a while (I am assuming you mean the mod), and I heard that some tanks had issues fitting on it correctly.

That is another worry of mine, if certain tanks will fit on certain mods without overhang or wobble. One reason why I did buy a kit to begin with.

EDIT: And I guess the Cubis is the tank and the Cuboid is the base ... whoops. My friend has a Cubis tank and he says he likes it. Only thing I don't like, is it looks like it is a single coil only RBA. Maybe I should say screw it and just buy 3 tanks, a couple mods and a bunch of batteries.

The FDA is giving me a pretty crappy present on my birthday (the 8th of August) ...

MC Vape

ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2015
I was looking at the Cubis for a while (I am assuming you mean the mod), and I heard that some tanks had issues fitting on it correctly.

That is another worry of mine, if certain tanks will fit on certain mods without overhang or wobble. One reason why I did buy a kit to begin with.

EDIT: And I guess the Cubis is the tank and the Cuboid is the base ... whoops. My friend has a Cubis tank and he says he likes it. Only thing I don't like, is it looks like it is a single coil only RBA. Maybe I should say screw it and just buy 3 tanks, a couple mods and a bunch of batteries.

The FDA is giving me a pretty crappy present on my birthday (the 8th of August) ...

No I was thinking of cuboid mod. Cuboid

Last edited:

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
Again, Wismec will never get another dime of my money! Look up some of the threads on here about their customer service, or total lack of it!

Thank you for the clarification! Sorry about my assumption.

Correct!
No worries that is why we're all here to help keep each other straight. My pleasure. You'll have your turn to help keep me straight;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread