What refillable pod systems are better than the ileaf icare2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
It's not a pod system but the joyetech AIO's work well and are easy to use and filling them is no less complicated than using a pod. I picked up one for my son so he'd stop wasting money on a Blu and he loves it.

Joyetech eGo AIO D16 All in One Starter Kit

JOYE-EOAIN-2.jpg

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Reactions: stols001

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
I want something that's not going to wreck coils has great flavor
That would be an RDA :/
Refillable pods and coil cartridge systems all have the delicate coil problem to one degree or the other because the wick and the coil are a single unit. With care you can make it work, but care is required. The other choice is to separate the wick and the coil which means RDA or RTA. Honestly imho an RDA with purchased coils remains the best beginner system unless the user is unwilling to do things like dry burn and replace wicks. After that come the AIO systems. You could try a peas I suppose. The vapor production is nothing to write home about but they’re refillable, the wick saturates relatively quickly, and they’re dirt cheap. Cheap enough in fact that if she doesn’t like it you can just toss it and try something else.

• Agree

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
From the Website and they had them in Hot Pink for my Sweetie!

Built with the beginner in mind, we have designed an e-cigarette that is simple, elegant and most importantly, easy to use. Avoid the vaping jungle and aim for brighter horizons.

Simulates a cigarette
Also known as mouth-to-lung, the SERIES-S17 TF creates resistance on the inhale, just like a cigarette. It’s the closest experience to smoking, without smoking.

• Useful

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Honestly someone using refillable POD's would not be a good candidate to suggest an RBA/RTA in my opinion. Not into changing coils but you think they should start building decks? Really?
It’s not like it’s rocket science, as so many people seem to pretend. With the advent of VV mods it’s no harder than coil cartridges really. You just have to be willing to wield a screw driver and scissors. What he wants out of a pod system is something imho only an RDA can give. If there weren’t trade offs everyone would be vaping the same things. If you want to use a combined wick/coil cartridge be it in a pod or not you have to saturate your wicks, and that takes a while. If you don’t, they burn. That’s the way it is. The penguin/dolphin happens to take a really long time to saturate. Vapes with really small glass wick/coils like old fashioned kanger evod and as it happens the peas take less time but they also produce less vapor because they’re really tiny microcoils. The only thing that vapes well, wicks fast, and doesn’t leak or burn (if you’re careful) is an RDA or RTA. RTAs are truely twitchy though because they generally need to be wicked perfectly to work right so they’re out of the running and one is left with RDAs.

• Agree
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread