What refillable pod systems are better than the ileaf icare2?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
It’s not like it’s rocket science, as so many people seem to pretend. With the advent of VV mods it’s no harder than coil cartridges really. You just have to be willing to wield a screw driver and scissors. What he wants out of a pod system is something imho only an rda can give. If there weren’t trade offs everyone would be vaping the same things. If you want to use a combined wick/coil cartridge be it in a pod or not you have to saturate your wicks, and that takes a while. If you don’t, they burn. That’s the way it is. The penguin/dolphin happens to take a really long time to saturate. Vapes with really small glass wick/coils like old fashioned kanger evod and as it happens the peas take less time but they also produce less vapor because they’re really tiny microcoils. The only thing that vapes well, wicks fast, and doesn’t leak or burn (if you’re careful) is an RDA or RTA. RTAs are truely twitchy though because they generally need to be wicked perfectly to work right so they’re out of the running and one is left with RDAs.

I never suggested it was rocket science but someone new to vaping is usually turned off by building coils.

Reactions: stols001

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I never suggested building coils, I suggested buying them premade

Some of them cost as much or more than screw in coils. Just my opinion but, it is simpler to screw in a coil then to mount coils, trim legs and check for Hot Spots and wick with cotton or whatever.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
If she likes the dolphin, why not give it a try and see how she does. Knowing its "quirks" as it were, she may do well with it and enjoy it. I don't see a thing wrong with pod mods if they work for someone, and honestly I think it's best when new vapers learn to care for their own equipment... Which is why I used many WORDS at my husband when getting him set up with his new vapes, but made him do the whole thing. Cuz yeah, he'd be lazy enough to just let me do anything, but I notice as he does it himself he becomes more interested in general.... I gave him easy setups (in the end I decided he could start easy and cheap, like most folks) and I'm sure he'll be asking for more at some point :)

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread