• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

What Tanks to recommend

Status
Not open for further replies.

desmondsg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
LOS
Perhaps try a bland minty flavor before going back to your regular juices.

I'm rotating between 3 flavours at least all the time. 1 fruity flavour. 1 sweet buttery flavour and 1 misc flavour.

Currently on Thug juice(Menthol+Watermelon+Grape), Hawk Sauce(Blueberry+a slight hint of menthol), Butterscotch.

Buonosera

Verified Member
Oct 10, 2013
At the Red Dot
brushing the tongue and water parade might help with vaper's tongue.

I don't know... I saw a pic of vapor tongue and I won't scrape that let alone brush it. I'd go with, like what you said, water parade and wait it out. Some lasts for 2 weeks so be patient and don't go back to analogs.

milly

Verified Member
May 5, 2012
S.E.A
Just got myself a nimbus. the flavour and vapour on a RDA is good !!!. worth the effort of dripping when I am home

get a kayfun, its good for fruity flavors. just saying. :)

Kayfun out and about w/o leaking worries and it holds quite a bit of juice. Nimbus for some clouds at home. But if you prefer genesis style attys, the rsst is a good start.

vantage07

Verified Member
Sep 30, 2013
PSisLand
hi all, newbie here

tried a couple of tanks/clearo myself and and one of earliest without going much into research was a ego-cc clearo. As its a atomizer feed clearo, it gave a good vape with clean taste to me and still use it on daily basis now although it has a small cap tank (1.3 or 1.6 i think).

quite like e vision mini vivi nova but only after 2-3 refillls i found the centre post gone out of alignment and thus juice leaks when i tried to vape. Seems like i've messed it up when i screwed in too tight onto my ego batt as it is 510 thread.

but so far my fav has be the mini protank2 as i prefer my draw to be airier and not tight. But i would prefer a warm vape of a top coil tank which unfortunately pt2 isn't. Thus this might be used in future for more of a mentholated/dessert juice. But currently unable to use it as i broke the pyrex tank when i dropped it and waiting to get its replacement glass tube :(

2 tanks that i have only filled once and since untouched were iclear16 and vision victory 2m(not the 5ml ver). draw are too tight for me and taste rather muted when i vaped.

awaiting in my mail will be the new vision v-fate nova (heard it is same line with vivi nova just that it has now dual coil and glass tank) and protank 3. hope my 2cents worth will help. :vapor:

Dianhoonho

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Chinaphilipore
hi all, newbie here

tried a couple of tanks/clearo myself and and one of earliest without going much into research was a ego-cc clearo. As its a atomizer feed clearo, it gave a good vape with clean taste to me and still use it on daily basis now although it has a small cap tank (1.3 or 1.6 i think).

quite like e vision mini vivi nova but only after 2-3 refillls i found the centre post gone out of alignment and thus juice leaks when i tried to vape. Seems like i've messed it up when i screwed in too tight onto my ego batt as it is 510 thread.

but so far my fav has be the mini protank2 as i prefer my draw to be airier and not tight. But i would prefer a warm vape of a top coil tank which unfortunately pt2 isn't. Thus this might be used in future for more of a mentholated/dessert juice. But currently unable to use it as i broke the pyrex tank when i dropped it and waiting to get its replacement glass tube :(

2 tanks that i have only filled once and since untouched were iclear16 and vision victory 2m(not the 5ml ver). draw are too tight for me and taste rather muted when i vaped.

awaiting in my mail will be the new vision v-fate nova (heard it is same line with vivi nova just that it has now dual coil and glass tank) and protank 3. hope my 2cents worth will help. :vapor:

Have the Protank 3 recently, was a good and nice tank until I disassembled and washed it ... after assembly, it leaks like no tomorrow and gargling ... :( now it's sitting at my desk gathering dust while my Mini-Protank 2 remains my daily tank.

Crixus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2012
Autocratic State
hi all, newbie here

You may want to try the aspire bdc or the Davide. I heard good stuff about these two.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
After starting out top coils like Vivi Nova and CEs, they are cast aside for bottom coil tanks.

My latest craze is Evod. Deep deep flavour with crazy amounts of vapour at mere 2.4ohms rivaling my protank II and single coil RDA. Upcoming Aro Pyrex clone coming out from oven to review soon.

TheKiwi

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2013
Durham, North Carolina, United States
Hyuk. Evods. Super easy to fill, dead simple to replace the coils, and rebuilding/recoiling it is a breeze, even if it takes a good 10mins to do so. Washing and dry burning it is also super easy. Tons of vapor, although I find that the flavor of my juice seems to be a little muted compared to a top coil. But oh, bottom coil tanks = I never have to worry about dry hits or dried wicks even at low juice level. Only problem is its ego threaded, so mods with 510 only can't really use without adaptor.

Super tempted to try out a protank 2, although the bugger looks ginormous. Still prefer my ecig to be as sleek as possible

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No point trying out Protank II, vapour production is similar or lesser than Evod, and more risky due to unprotected glass tank.

I hardly bring out my Protank II, even in toilet while vaping, beside being more bulky and defintely won't look nice on a slim battery, I've to constantly be careful not to drop it, yes, it can be stressful..cuz once drop..high chance of breakage..and broken glasses all over..demonstrated in youtube..lol.

Plus Evod is so much lighter and ultra convenient and its larger inner shaft can accept all type of long/short coils whereas PT II can't take non-authentic certain long stem coil heads due to narrower inner stem.

If you need to use glass tank for vaping certain liquids such as banana/spearmint know to creak Polycarb tanks, then get the Aro Pyrex clone,
RGM2 Glassomiser.jpg
like the Evod, its slim in design with protective metal body and pyrex glass window, just like the evod, in fact larger window...mine is out form oven soon.
The glass window will not break unless u use a hammer..LOL.

If need to use on non-ego threaded mech mods, simple, get a 510 to Ego adaptor, super cheap..its exact same size heads as Evic/K100 for e.g. and then add a beauty ring... 510_Ego.jpg

Else, also no need to get the mini PT II..lol..Evod rocks...can't think of anything else, except dual bottom coils beating it..but dual coils..lol..good luck...with many reported issues...dual BCT replacement spares..basically suffers from similar defect coil rates from single BCT...such as leaking..gurgling etc...except its impossible to rebuild..lol.

Last edited:

a_e_u

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
here & now
After 3 weeks of hassle-free usage, the inevitable has finally happened I guess. I work from home so hardly need to go out much, but 2 days ago when I was out & about for the whole day, my new head (used only for 2 days without problem prior) in the PT2 flooded bad probably due to the heat or something. Went home, opened a new ce5 to use for the time being & that leaked like a baby instantly too. Finally had to use back my 1st head for PT2 with new cotton. Will try to figure out that 2nd head's problem when I have some time but yesh, these heads are sure finicky....guess that'll force a noob like me learn new stuff along the way. :laugh:

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
As mentioned previously, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/sg-vapers/495291-protank-2-mini-drains-juices-fast-new-protank-3-a-3.html#post11416365, stock coils or replacement heads using minimal cost materials with intermittent performance. Its very common to find these factory coils leaked/gurgle after couple of vapes, few days or even one week is still unacceptable.

A good setp-up BCC should have zero leaking with consistent performance last til end of life, at least 3 weeks with normal resistance/usage.

Once you learn how to rebuild Pt coil head..u'll never look back. the trick to prevent leaking which 10/10 for me so far after finding out the technique is to ensure the gap from top stem is fully sealed.

unlike Vivi Nova whose extra wick put on top the coil serves little, the PT coil needs that extra wick after coiling to ensure good seal.

My experience so far is that leakage was found to be always due to that gap as the stem is pressure-sealed (pressed) to the coil head by pressing tight against the wick, hence this is the weakest link that must first be resolved.

After several experiments, my best setup to prevent leakage is as follows (wire thickness is subjective to personal preference):

For Narrower Gap Heads (typically without V-Groove)

DiscountVapers.com_KIanger_ProTank_coils__59227.1368553299.1280.1280.jpg

The coil gaps to slot in the wick are much narrower versus the V-Groove ones currently in the market (see below). Mine comes with a longer stem. Some longer stem ones might have the wider V-Groove heads.

Hence to ensure a good seal, I use a 3mm silica to replace the stock wick normally only 2x1-2mm size.
Just one 3mm will do and press in tightly as usual, no need to add extra wick on top, so far tried 2 rebuilds all tested zero leaking. But if use 2mm, then you'll need to add another 2mm wick on top to ensure better seal.

For wider V-Groove Heads
factory-original-protank-glass-atomizer-vapor.jpg

The coil gaps are much wider with a V-shape groove.
ShortStemcoil.jpg Kanger-eVod3-.jpg if fact, this design is most liable for leakage. It can be long or short stems, the ones I'm having a short stem versions.

Only advantage is to rebuild is much easier as you can use a normal 2mm watch maker to coil and slot inside the gap for easier fiddling.

However, to ensure proper seal, I need to coil a 3mm wick plus add an extra layer of 2mm wick on top.
For BCC, at least for my case, the extra wick on top seems to give better flavour..lol.

DragonSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Update on BCC coil rebuild from above.

Following the method in this good video using cotton wick rebuild - completely resolves the silica wick technique issues.
Link: Evod coil with cotton - YouTube
cottonBCC.jpg

Result/Pros :
1) incredible quiet intense flavour/vapour with zero leakage. Reason being, the cotton expands and seal up the gap.
2) Strangely quiet vape with no more famous bottom coil 'Rattling snake' sound produced by silica.
3) Can chain-vape at high voltage like crazy without burn taste.
4) Can keep removing the cotton and replace with new ones. Typically last one week per wick til the coil give way.
5) Definite advantage over top coil clearomisers as there is no way you can used cotton for them, LOL.

Cons: Makes you put aside all the top coils and silica wicks :p.

Steps :
1) Get any good grade white cotton wick. can be from super market used for make up (mine shown above after rebuilt). One whole packet can last you ages costing $1+ only. I've been using mine straight from package (some boil it, up to you) also for my RBA, with no funny smell whatsever.

2) Grab a small portion and roll into a approx 3mm size stick as shown in picture. Beauty of cotton wick, you can change the diameter easily by just adding cotton and molding into shape unlike silica which can break and splitter with no way of join back.

3) Wrap your Kanthal/nichrome wire (I used 30awg) around a mini watchmaker screw driver (u can also use a cotton bud tube). I normally use around 8 wraps to give about 1.7-1-9 ohms. As usual, Before you use the wire, use a torch to red-burn the wire about three times to reduce shorting as it builds up oxide on the wire (I always used this method as normally practiced and never get shorting)

4) Insert a watch-maker together together with the coil and secure positive/negative terminals as per normal.
Ref: [vape] Micro Coil and Cotton Protank/Evod Head Rebuild - YouTube

5) Remove the screwdriver and twist/push in the cotton. The right diameter is when you push/pull into the coil, there is only slight resistance. I just rolled into cotton wick of approx 3mm diameter with a single roll.

6) Simply trim off both ends til a small bud exposed, cap the stem back and you are good to go.

Notes:
Tried mine at 10watts on Evic still 'no feeling' for the wick.
Seems like you can really go sub-ohm (with higher diameter wires of course) as shown in another micro-coil video. Cotton rocks!
I usually rebuild used > 1.5 - 2.4 ohms with 30awg, less complications as I find 30awg best overall diameter for normal rebuilb -
RDAs/Top coils/BCC/Genesis.

For sub-ohm vaping, you'll need to use lower gauge Kanthal, such as 26-28awg to maintain lower vapour temp.
Ref - Nichrome - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Temp versus diameter.
This explains why some users whom used the common low diameter wires such as 32/34 awg will never understand sub-ohm vaping, cuz if you used a 32awg to build 0.5ohms for instance, you'll go Holland simply vape fire with burnt smell, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread