Status
Not open for further replies.

Azmo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 8, 2013
Liverpool, NY, USA
It depends on the resistance of your atty. But I usually start around 3.7v and adjust from there to my liking. Different resistances will need different voltages and some juices will taste better at different voltages.

You could always start at the lowest setting and work your way up to see how it changes the vape.

09tmurlin

Jul 9, 2013
Paris Texas USA
the voltage is what heats up your coil.. coils are all different ohms so the higher the ohms the more voltage you need for the sweet spot, the lower the ohms of the coil the less voltage you need for the sweet spot. with your set up its probly best to start at a low voltage and work your way up till it doesnt taste good or right to you and back it down just a notch. "adjust to taste".... but lol i normally vape just about everything right around 4 volts, thats just me though.. grimmgreen seems to max that thing out for almost everything in his videos.. so just do you man and it will work out great

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
Sweet...a new Spinner. You will be adjusting voltage to match the Ohms on your atomizer/head/coil. To start, add 2.0 to the Ohms on your coil, and adjust up or down from there. For example, if the resistance on your coil is 2.2, adjust voltage to 4.2. Vape. Adjust vape up or down to suit your vaping preference. The 2.0 is just a starting point. Many factors will affect the voltage that helps you find the "sweet spot" for your specific juice.
Vaping is subjective and everyone's voltage will be somewhat different depending on juice, resistance, delivery device, etc. YMMV. That Spinner is a very nice ego/stick battery, maybe the best as is has fairly high mAh (battery life) and you can actually read the voltage markings on the Spinner (difficult for these old eyes on the Twist, for example). Good luck, experiment, Power Up and Vape On!

09tmurlin

Jul 9, 2013
Paris Texas USA
It depends on the resistance of your atty. But I usually start around 3.7v and adjust from there to my liking. Different resistances will need different voltages and some juices will taste better at different voltages.

You could always start at the lowest setting and work your way up to see how it changes the vape.
pretty much what he just said

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
Adjust vape up or down to suit your vaping preference. The 2.0 is just a starting point. Many factors will affect the voltage that helps you find the "sweet spot" for your specific juice.
Vaping is subjective and everyone's voltage will be somewhat different depending on juice, resistance, delivery device, etc. YMMV.

This!
A LOT of people forget that it also depends on the juice you're using as well.
The best thing to do is fiddle with it until you find out exactly what's right for you. Then, maybe take note of what voltage you're at with which specific juice at a specific ohm, so then you know for the future.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
One thing I think new folks think about VV going in is that they are complicated and technical. I was hesitant to buy my first VV for that reason. They are actually quite simple and easy. Nobody should think twice about getting one if the hesitation is due to fear of it being too technical.

Once you use one for an hour and experiment with the different settings you'll be like "wow, this really is simple".

hanzo.esq

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
TX
I recently got a vape pen and I have no idea what the voltage does. its a Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh. I havent used it yet just been charging it. Just wondered what voltages are appropriate for what.
I start at 3.4v and go up by .4 every 3-6 puffs noting the change in vapor production and flavor until it tastes/feels burnt. Then I adjust back down to what was best.

Preference is what matters but as a data point for communication: I find myself at 3.8-4.0v with 1.8-2.8 ohm atomizers.

It's also worth noting that higher voltage burns battery life faster.

Hanzo.

Zipp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Yes, it's perfectly normal. I suspect that it's caused by water in the e-liquid trying to boil off at a lower temperature and sending tiny bits of liquid VG/PG flying, thought I have no proof of that.

EDIT: Almost forgot to answer the OP's original question. All of my coils are about 2.4 ohms, so I pretty much always keep the spinner set at 4.3V.

Last edited:
This little chart might help. There is a 1.5 ohm coil available... It gets to hot with the basic 3.2 V batt. and everything tastes like burned plastic (same as if you use to high a voltage for the resistance coil in use). The comments following the --- are mine. I use the 2.2 ohm as a "general purpose" coil as it works reasonably well at 3.2 V but best at 3.6 V.

Kanger Recommended Resistance
1.7-1.9 (1.8 ohm) - 3.1-3.4 volts--- standard li ion battery
2.1-2.3 (2.2 ohm) - 3.5-3.8 volts--- variable volt or standard li ion battery
2.4-2.6 (2.5 ohm) - 3.9 -4.2 volts--- variable volt li ion battery
2.6-3.0 (2.8 ohm) - 4.3-4.7 volts--- variable volt li ion battery
Coil/wick life
Our experience is about 60 ml. e-liquid before toss and change and that is the reason for the extra coil
units. Generally the wick gets clogged with non-vapable krud.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
is it normal for it to crackle and pop?

Depends on a couple of factors. 1) PG to VG ratio, more VG style juices tend to pop a bit first fire after a break from vaping, sweeter juices can do this as well. 2) Type of attachment, one will pop and crackle and another won't, example I have SmokTek Vivi Nova Mini, pops and crackles my Earl Grey juice like crazy, where one of my Kanger T3S tanks won't, have an RSST that pops and crackles everything put in it, others don't. 3) Amount of Voltage or Wattage you are getting to the coil can cause it as well if cranked up to high depending on resistance of the coil, thickness of the coil wire, and spacing of the coil wraps. Have to remember you are basically heating liquid to the point of becoming a gas rapidly, well past boiling point in a short amount of time, so you are going to get sizzle and pop to a certain amount of degree no matter what delivery attachment you use.

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
OT
power_zps834a18f4.jpg

Here's a chart you might want to save for future reference

The standard voltage rating is 3.7volts but some batteries may dip in power when used, this is a good starting point if you want to use the standard ce4/ce5 clearomizers or cartomizers that sit around 1.6 - 2.4 ohms. If you want to experiment with different voltages just try and go to about 4 volts using these standard atomisers. If you have some mods such as vivi nova with 2.4 ohms and above or protank with lower resistance then you will need to be using 4 volts and above to give a higher voltage to power and heat your coil. Hope this helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread