retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
Had to do one COBOL Hello World program in my first CPSCI class in the 80's just because the professor wanted us to see how things used to be done! It took a page for just the initial setup and global declarations, then the single statement to display "Hello World". ;)

Uh huh. I've had courses in COBOL, FORTRAN, etc. Pretty much set the idea that I did not want to be a programmer of any type. And in the 34+ years I've been in the IT biz, I've never, ever regretted not going that route. :laugh:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
With my Watermelon flavor I have been right around 4v. With the Honey cigar flavor I use it at the lowest setting 3.2v And I have to agree with you retired1. Besides.. No need to calculate. Just adjust to taste, and vape away.

Yup! On the Vamo, I hit Watermelon at around 4.4-4.6 volts with a 2.5 Ohm head on the Protank. Grape on the other hand is proving to be somewhat problematic. Having a hell of a time trying to dial in a good voltage for that flavor. Even with the 2.5 ohm heads, anything above 3.6 volts tastes scorched.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
I think that hardware and juice determine the sweet spot for vaping voltage. That, and the fact that some batteries aren't capable of producing the wattage or current flow when set at a certain voltage with a low resistance atomizer. The Twist, for example hits its current limit and scales back the voltage at that limit. So, some who tell us they are vaping at a high voltage may not actually be hitting the atomizer with the voltage they advertise in their posts.

I find that most times I hit a burning level anytime I exceed 4.2v on a 2.5 ohm atty. My PV tops out at 3.5A so I'm well within the allowable range. When people post that they are vaping at over 5v on a 2 ohm atty, I have to wonder if they have railed their VV mod and aren't quite reaching that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread