What would you change in IKV?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Man o man Isaac long time and sorry the tanks didn't work out. There was a time some months ago that tanks were the rage and the best new thing. Looked into several designs with emachineshop and counted the cost and by the time that was done and got off my fat .... I figured it wasn't worth the effort.

Predicted at the introduction of the carto tanks that these were the best thing since sliced bread and it wouldn't be long before our Asian friends will be mass marketing the original designs. Yep they did and now in chrome 3.5 and 5ml for around 10 bucks.
View attachment 70829
Where's the profit margin and how do you compete? It won't be long before folks figure out that paying over 15 bucks for a tank is ridiculous, whether delrin or SS. A few vendors caught the wave in the beginning with the overpriced tanks but those days are numbered for them and will have to lower prices or the tanks are going to sit on the shelves. There are only so many ways to skin a cat and so with the manufacturing of tank end caps. Form with function is ok but the bottom line is if the tanks are to "move" they are now going to have to be at competitive prices. IMO the overpriced tank wave is fading.

As for ideas, get with Switched and Scuba and come up with an IKEN rebuild-able atty (next new wave) design to throw on your Chameleon....make something simple, classy and not to easy to copy.. :)

Have a happy New Year Isaac and glad you are getting back into the swing of things.

--jed

No sir! :)

Yeah... this was a project I was working on at one point which kinda fell through. I couldn't source stuff I needed plus I kept breaking all the tanks I had that I was using for prototypes so it kinda fell by the wayside. Now there are others out there with similar design so I haven't really gone back to it.

See that guys! I never mentioned any names in regards to the tank and yet they both came forward. Now thats the most geneuine, modest and most wonderful thing in the world and exactly why I wanted these guys to have as partners as they both took integrity to a while new level. I mean, my god, I love you guys.
I was speaking with our AU supplier and he actually makes them himself at a low cost and retail of only 10.00. I think I can grab more details from him to make Tanks available. :D

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
See that guys! I never mentioned any names in regards to the tank and yet they both came forward. Now thats the most geneuine, modest and most wonderful thing in the world and exactly why I wanted these guys to have as partners as they both took integrity to a while new level. I mean, my god, I love you guys.
I was speaking with our AU supplier and he actually makes them himself at a low cost and retail of only 10.00. I think I can grab more details from him to make Tanks available. :D
121br.jpg

A tankard of Fusion.:toast:

jed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 17, 2010
NW NJ
Isaac you sure know how to make feeling like a heel not so bad! Like to follow through on ambitions and this one fell through with delay after delay, sorry. Maybe I need to try another line of business besides manufacturing....let's see, that's it I think, a beta tester :)

If had more time to play without other constraints I might actually start doing some things I really like.....no complaints though, life has been good so far....

keep well there buddy

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
a passthru without a battery .... im at my computer a lot working on projects and other fun stuff and one thing that would be great would be a passthru so I can reserve my batteries for leaving the house. Any good passthrus out ther that have no battery?
Besides then your at 5 volt instead of 3.7 unloaded voltage. I have a variable Passthrough I made that goes to 11.9? Volts with Volt/Amp display and Swither has one that goes high enough to jump start a car with Volt/Amp display.

I clicked and clicked Your button is broken :(
Oh you didn't say you wanted one that works. Sorry.

I have to add a change I would make. Make a I06 that a carto tube will slide onto for us people using them in tanks so we don't have to go through all the drama getting them in there. You could call it a mega or a tank I06. Better yet just make one with the tube attached .

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread