JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
I just got this in my e-mail. :facepalm:

2wnr1xx.jpg

For anyone who is new to vaping:

First and foremost, it's against the law to smoke or vape on domestic flights and unfortunately, in many communities, vapers are bound by the same rules that apply to smoking.

Second, e-cigarettes do not give off smoke as depicted in the picture, they give off vapor and only when the user exhales, not when holding the e-cig. What she is holding in the pic, is without a doubt a cigarette, not an e-cigarette.

Ads like this, give vaping a bad name. :grr:

Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
With all that leg room, its clear she is in first class. Maybe its even a private plane. Totally non-commercial amount of room. Not clear if this is an ad for a particular ecig (likely shady E9 ripoff) or something to see some stories on the TV networks. My suspicious side wonders if this is an ad to trick people into vaping on flight, getting into trouble, and adding more negative stories to the other side's arsenal.

And you are right, Jerry, the vapor coming off the LED (while it is off!) is a red flag of something skeevy.

Bill Godshall

Executive Director<br/> Smokefree Pennsylvania
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
JerryRM wrote:

Ads like this, give vaping a bad name.

Most folks won't notice the concerns you cite, but rather they're eyes will focus on the gorgeous model.

If the smoke wasn't visible, most folks would be confused about what is being sold (as they may mistake the e-cig for a pen).

JerryRM

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Nov 10, 2009
Rhode Island
JerryRM wrote:

Most folks won't notice the concerns you cite, but rather they're eyes will focus on the gorgeous model.

If the smoke wasn't visible, most folks would be confused about what is being sold (as they may mistake the e-cig for a pen).
I hope you are right, Bill.

On the second paragraph, I agree, but it clearly misrepresents an e-cig as being indentical to a cigarette and it's misconceptions like that (among other things), that cause communities to regulate e-cigarettes as cigarettes.

Actually, what she is holding in the pic is clearly nothing. Both the cigarette and the smoke are (poorly) photoshopped in, and separately at that.
True enough, but the point is not whether the pic was Photoshopped, but rather the impression that it gives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread