What'd you like to SEE in your Provari in 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Boy, I'm glad that you didn't apply that to existing threads ;) or I'd be in severe violation. :D

It would be fun to come up with some kind of stamp and when such a thread is discovered (or a genuine interest thread has gotten ugly and the OP split) we put a big stamp on it indicating no one else should post.

kbzj.jpg

(Peace be with you)​

Last edited:

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Dave... you have to push the button 5x to get the first menu... why are you pulsing your vape in the first place?? (not being insulting, I am really curious if there's a reason for doing this)

You kid, eh?

It's switch contact bounce that causes it, not my vaping button press style. I don't pulse it, the switch does it automatically when I don't want it to. It's a common problem with multi-function displays that require multiple presses to enter. Maybe there should be a separate menu button. Too many times I'm vaping (holding the button in at the proper angle) and not getting anything. I look down and it's in PU mode in the menu.

Mine is almost two years old. Maybe they have fixed the problem now. I'm still under warranty and plan to send it in for service soon, anyway. The unwanted menu entry issue is something that has been talked about over and over here on ECF. It's a real issue and the temporary fix is to take the battery out and press the fire button over and over to burnish the contacts, then reinstall the battery.

You'd think the firmware was written by Microsoft. :)

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
It's switch contact bounce that causes it, not my vaping button press style. I don't pulse it, the switch does it automatically when I don't want it to. It's a common problem with multi-function displays that require multiple presses to enter. Maybe there should be a separate menu button.

I hope you aren't using ss drip tips, you might bang a tooth while bouncing and vaping.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Switch Contact Bounce: 1. A common problem with multi-function displays that require multiple presses to enter. 2. An unwanted menu entry issue. 3. Trembly fingers. see also: Vamo'itus

easily confused with...

Road Contact Bounce: 1. A common problem in Michigan. Hope you aren't using steel drip tips.

lol. :p

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Switch Contact Bounce: 1. A common problem with multi-function displays that require multiple presses to enter. 2. An unwanted menu entry issue. 3. Trembly fingers. see also: Vamo'itus

easily confused with...

Road Contact Bounce: 1. A common problem in Michigan. Hope you aren't using steel drip tips.

lol. :p

Cat Bounce: 1. An annoying problem when a psychic cat knows you are about to take a vape off a tank with a ss drip tip and bounces onto the back of your chair from a running start. It does not to this if the tip is Delrin.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA
Removable, interchangeable top cap with integral Ego threading on the connector rather than having to get a 510/Ego adapter for the folks that like their Ego threaded accessories.

And not really in the ProVari, but it would be kinda nice to see a discount on accessories when buying a ProVari. I'm ok with the price of the ProVari itself, but if I'm shelling out for the unit, I'd like to be able to get the extended cap and/or the Tatroe cap for something like half price.

Or maybe offer a few different kit options that throw those in for a discounted all-in-one price.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
Removable, interchangeable top cap with integral Ego threading on the connector rather than having to get a 510/Ego adapter for the folks that like their Ego threaded accessories.

And not really in the ProVari, but it would be kinda nice to see a discount on accessories when buying a ProVari. I'm ok with the price of the ProVari itself, but if I'm shelling out for the unit, I'd like to be able to get the extended cap and/or the Tatroe cap for something like half price.

Or maybe offer a few different kit options that throw those in for a discounted all-in-one price.

^That's a cool one... I agree√

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I was also thinking...
Observing all the hemlines on my Provari, since it has the girth, already a 23mm solid piece of steel, why not dissect at those lines, add the industry standard M-21/1 threading and Provari goes "sectional" in 2014?

Not to scale

Except for one extra cut below the electronics section - nothing changes! Those extender caps, Tatroe, Twins et all are already being added by us isn't it? And if the threads went M-21 we could plug-in the Provari's Control Head on other tubes - thus saying 'bye-bye' to The Kick ~ aka Nivel and Samovar type!
Just a thought!
tongue-039.GIF

Fergie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
Toronto, Canada,
Come on now, :) when was the last time you saw that posted in anything but jest, unless: 1) The OP is already planning to buy one, but is kind of playing around to be pushed or reassured they aren't making a huge mistake; or 2) Posted by someone complaining that "Just Buy a ProVari" is all they ever read, except they probably never have, they only heard about it.

I think the current response is closer to: If you want a ProVari, get one. If you don't want a ProVari, don't get one. Sharing with us that you won't pony up the money for a ProVari until it has XXX features, is a bit self-important, since no one cares. Perhaps you can next thrill us with all the reasons you're not buying a particular washing machine.

If someone wants a device with VW, a high amp limit and stuffed with a DNA20-something, they should do us all a favor and go buy one, so we can get back to discussing toppers and accessories.

Happy New Year :)

It's difficult to tell when someone is joking when they do post that and nothing more, maybe we need a joking button.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I was also thinking...
Observing all the hemlines on my Provari, since it has the girth, already a 23mm solid piece of steel, why not dissect at those lines, add the industry standard M-21/1 threading and Provari goes "sectional" in 2014?

Not to scale

Except for one extra cut below the electronics section - nothing changes! Those extender caps, Tatroe, Twins et all are already being added by us isn't it? And if the threads went M-21 we could plug-in the Provari's Control Head on other tubes - thus saying 'bye-bye' to The Kick ~ aka Nivel and Samovar type!
Just a thought!
tongue-039.GIF

Interesting idea... I like the top being able to come off, because then you can paint/repaint the bottom without taking apart the board and button and top. That alone might sell more units, because people would be more inclined to buy them if they could mod the tube part how they liked without risking the entire unit? The value of the Provari is really in that top 1" of the unit...

I don't want any size but 18650, so I wish they'd just sell 3 sections, 18350, 18450, 18650, less threading, less wear and tear. But I understand the loss of income for the bottom extension for them, so I can see why they wouldn't want to, and the extension right now is fine.

I'd shell out for a Provari box mod (as durable as the Provari now), or a Provari Metallic... I think I'd like a Provari box mod more tho. NOT with a DNA chipset, tho that might be neat, but I'd absolutely buy the tried and true guts they have now.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Well, here's a (very nice looking) 3rd party extension/end-cap, sporting "USA". And yes, it's really made in the USA. Just not by ProVape.
thumbnail.asp

I agree with the "Made in the USA" logo. I think lots of us really try and support American jobs, etc. I've always felt that manufacturers in the U.S. that don't post this are missing an opportunity for greater sales...IMHO of course.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread