What'd you like to SEE in your Provari in 2014?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stryfox

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 26, 2011
pennsylvinia
I have a mini 2.5
I just found a used mini 2 because I like the simpler look without the provari mini cut into it.
interchangeable top cap/ air controller with floating or adjustable pin would be cool.
I understand they need to keep it simple but they could make upgrades for more advanced users that know exactly what they want. WE are the ones willing to spend big money on little differences.
I also say just make the mini as a standard model and make bottom caps for 18490 and 18650. There will still only be one seam.
Offer different types of engraving for us loony owners...

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I have a mini 2.5
I just found a used mini 2 because I like the simpler look without the provari mini cut into it.
interchangeable top cap/ air controller with floating or adjustable pin would be cool.
I understand they need to keep it simple but they could make upgrades for more advanced users that know exactly what they want. WE are the ones willing to spend big money on little differences.

I also say just make the mini as a standard model and make bottom caps for 18490 and 18650. There will still only be one seam.
Offer different types of engraving for us loony owners...

^That my friend is an awesome suggestion

BernieVideo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
NoHo El Lay CA
I don't sit here wishing my Provari Mini was anything eles than it is, but, if I HAD to make some recomendations......

I would like 2 very shallow air channels in the top cap. Very shallow. Maybe just 1 channel. That is all it would take to avoid air flow issues with solid bottom plates on Carto tanks and many clearomizers.

I love the top cap at just about 19mm. I think it makes the Provari look very different from all the other mods, a straight 22mm cap would just ruin it's good looks IMnsHO. So NO, don't do that PLEASE. There are plenty of aftermarket rings out there. let those folks keep their products. It's a win/win.

Maybe find a way to move the LED flush with the window, so it is not recessed so much.

VW??? Not craving this, but I think it is inevitable, and it would make many of the nay sayers shut up some!

Not a fan of the Crop Circles, so maybe an update for the Standard Provari, or just go with the Tear Drops on both the Standard and the Mini. I personally like that the word Mini is engraved into the Mini.

Other colors and finishes? Sure, why not?

The ability to buy a Provari, get shipped the body only, paint or customize as one wished (within limits) and ship back to Provari for final assembly, with full warranty (except for the finish) would be AWESOME.

And of course.... WiFi

Last edited:

serenity21899

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Antioch IL
I like the engraved logo, as well. The word Mini doesn't bother me. Engraving options would be cool. We already spend quite a bit on customization as it is.

I have a huge collection of aftermarket rings and such that flat tops and all that are not needed. I can get the look I want with what I already have.

darkgear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Islands in the middle of the sea
Adding to my wishlist for V3:
- VW
- Shorter (I think the ZNA is going the right direction)
- Type III HA, Type II for colors
- IP67 or at least IPX-8 Waterproofing
- Clicky button
- Integrated AFC in top cap
- Display closer to the window so it's viewable at angles
- Purple LED for Ocelot
- BT connectivity so I can set settings, view battery voltage and atomizer impedance, and log usage from IOS, Android or WP8 ;)

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
What IS it with clicky buttons??? Why does this get brought up so often? I happen to like the fact that I can stealth without sounding like I'm playing with a ball point pen in the movie theater! :pervy: ;)

Me too!! I think one of my favorite parts of the Provari is the FEEL of that button. Reminds me of the old and beloved, but long gone, feel of the IBM keyboard... I LOVE that button! If they changed it, I wouldn't buy another Provari again.

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
What IS it with clicky buttons??? Why does this get brought up so often? I happen to like the fact that I can stealth without sounding like I'm playing with a ball point pen in the movie theater! :pervy: ;)
Me too!! I think one of my favorite parts of the Provari is the FEEL of that button. Reminds me of the old and beloved, but long gone, feel of the IBM keyboard... I LOVE that button! If they changed it, I wouldn't buy another Provari again.

Me three;) Yep, I'm fine with the button as it is... has that tactile feel, the pressure quotient is just right, smooth to operate and performs with every press Oh, and everything on the mute.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Provari ... I'd like to see an LCD 2-line display, Variable Wattage, and a switch that doesn't put me into menu mode so often while I'm vaping. My Segelei Zmax V3 does the switch noise menu activation thing, too. A simple R-C network on the switch would stop that by absorbing and leveling the pulse noise. They should know that. It's how ANY logic push button circuit on your standard electronic momentary push button device works these days.

We wouldn't put up with it in our cars, phones, or stereo equipment. It shouldn't be a problem on our ecig mods. I love my Provari, but I expect quality for the price I paid.

<Dave, down off his soapbox> :thumbs:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Provari ... I'd like to see an LCD 2-line display, Variable Wattage, and a switch that doesn't put me into menu mode so often while I'm vaping. My Segelei Zmax V3 does the switch noise menu activation thing, too. A simple R-C network on the switch would stop that by absorbing and leveling the pulse noise. They should know that. It's how ANY logic push button circuit on your standard electronic momentary push button device works these days.

We wouldn't put up with it in our cars, phones, or stereo equipment. It shouldn't be a problem on our ecig mods. I love my Provari, but I expect quality for the price I paid.

Dave... you have to push the button 5x to get the first menu... why are you pulsing your vape in the first place?? (not being insulting, I am really curious if there's a reason for doing this)

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
Dave... you have to push the button 5x to get the first menu... why are you pulsing your vape in the first place?? (not being insulting, I am really curious if there's a reason for doing this)
It's a bad habit that ex-Vamo users have to learn to break (because the ProVari won't burn your juice if you don't do it).

jwj63

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2013
NC, CA, Thailand
Things that I think could/should actually be done:

1) Flat top with AFC
2) Floating positive pin
3) Gorilla glass LED window
4) A fire button more in line with a high end device. Anything other than the cheap plastic one.

Things I think ProVape will never do because it would take away from the strong brand identity:

1) "Lux" model. No teardrops, no crop circles, no lines. Brushed or polished SS with "Provari" and serial number discretely engraved.

Thing I don't want to see:

1) VW or any type of complex electronic control. Keep it simple, keep it reliable.
2) Any type of display changes that adds flashy features.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I wouldn't mind seeing that on the mod itself. Who puts serial numbers on removable caps?

Edit: I wouldn't mind seeing color changing LED's. and I would really like to see them make an ambigram logo ProVari
images

I worked very hard cleaning up the ProVarinati ripped off image. All those little "do not copy" marks were a pain to get rid of.

11j.gif

Last edited:

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com

^I actually didn't get that. How does the menu come up if we don't want it to?

Edit: Ok, read Planofman's response later. Hmm, the Vamo needs pulse firing, eh?

Last edited:

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
^I actually didn't get that. How does the menu come up if we don't want it to?

Edit: Ok, read Planofman's response later. Hmm, the Vamo needs pulse firing, eh?

Come sit with me on the confused couch. I have a Vamo and a Sigelei and I don't know what either of them is talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread