What's Happened To The Freebie Samples?

Status
Not open for further replies.

keyzygirl

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Aug 10, 2009
Key West,Fl.
I feel that V4L does what they can to help.They are the only company doing sampler packs so you can try flavors and save money.They have tons of sales.5ml bottles were nice to try a flavor and maybe they will do something like that again,if not its okay.I feel that they treat us really great and they want to keep us smoke free.Thats enough for me.

jeffree

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2010
california
How about a by-the-carto, randomly picked from a box full of randomness, at $1 - $1.50 a carto? People would get their surprise, or their new thing to try.

Exactly. Or even more sampler packs. I would have gladly paid a few extra bucks with each order early on to sample some flavs I didn't want to invest in up front. More than once I've gagged over something I thought I'd like--or soared like an eagle over something I didn't.

Edit: Posted at the same time as yours, Keyzy. I agree with you completely in my own world. I'm thinking really about our newest folks.

Last edited:

Ethereal

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2011
UK
Personally if I get something for free I'm very gratefull. I wouldn't expect anything free on top of a discount. You don't get anything for free over here so it's a real nice touch for me when I do. V4L have been real good to me after some complications with an order and don't take their kindness for granted. Now if they could just lower the postage cost to the UK that would make me happy but it won't stop me ordering, freebies or no freebies!

My mama told me if I can't say anything nice, not to say anything. I'm zipping it. wow. wow I say. wow.

Some other of Mothers sayings:

You get what you are given
I want never gets
Don't be so ungrateful
You are enough to make the vicar swear
Go to your room
Who drank all your Dad's beers
If you can't be good be careful
Please don't wear those shorts

Last edited:

Dayna

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2011
St. Pete, Florida
I absolutely love V4L!! Their customer service is second to none!! Always friendly and helpful!! Yes I miss my Peppermint Wow juice, but if the FDA is tying their hands that is thru no fault of their own! Hopefully soon everything will go back to normal and I will enjoy my favorite, but there are other flavors to try too. To fault a company for no freebies??!! Really!! I am sure they are doing the best they can in this economy, remember economy??!! I am sure they are always thinking up new ways to make your buying experience the best it can be with all the competition out there. You Go V4L!!!!!

Who_Wants_To_Know

ECF Veteran
Mar 15, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
I have to say I love the freebees and I always check if they are there, however I don't blame them for not doing it all the time. We have a great set up here with V4L. Not because of the discount codes, not because of the already cheap prices, but because they treat us very well. If you have ever needed to contact them about anything they respond. If you need something replaced they do it for you. They make every effort to make everything that is in their control he best they can for us.

I can understand the frustration in being out of your favorite flavor. I have wanted my waffle juice for a while now. However between importing from China, relying on third parties to make the juice and customs issues V4L has a lot less control over what they can get and how fast they can get it than a lot of people realize.

I know it's a pain, but try and get a few sample packs. Maybe you will find something to tide you over till they can get their hands on the good stuff. :D.

Natalia

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2010
California
I never "expect" the freebies, but I can say that getting a sample carto of a flavor I'd never have thought to try, has led me (many times) to buy a 30ml bottle of that "freebie" flavor and some blank CoolCarts. So, though it's not expected, it does lead to more business. Well, in my case anyway. :)

waylonjessi4ever

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2011
Northern California
Agree with natalia ,dont expect them but it can be a good marketing tool :)
I dont think flowerlady was attacking V4L ...why oh why is it so bad to have a differing opinion around here ??? must we always be so mean and reactive ? How can people feel safe in asking questions here .If their opinion is not in the majority ,the person gets "slammed " .Not the rep i think v4l wants on their forum .Cant well all get along ? Of course the sales are great ,i think she just wanted to know if samples are the norm or just in beginning which was answered by our trusty rep .

harley41

ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2011
headed to Florida soon
I never "expect" the freebies, but I can say that getting a sample carto of a flavor I'd never have thought to try, has led me (many times) to buy a 30ml bottle of that "freebie" flavor and some blank CoolCarts. So, though it's not expected, it does lead to more business. Well, in my case anyway. :)

x2 samples keep me broke all the time....lol gonna stick to the sales from now on....

Flowerlady-8898

ECF Veteran
Aug 4, 2010
North Carolina
Agree with natalia ,dont expect them but it can be a good marketing tool :)
I dont think flowerlady was attacking V4L ...why oh why is it so bad to have a differing opinion around here ??? must we always be so mean and reactive ? How can people feel safe in asking questions here .If their opinion is not in the majority ,the person gets "slammed " .Not the rep i think v4l wants on their forum .Cant well all get along ? Of course the sales are great ,i think she just wanted to know if samples are the norm or just in beginning which was answered by our trusty rep .

Finally, someone who understands what I was trying to say. It is a good marketing tool, for us newbies, (even though I've only been vaping for 8 months and 3 weeks, I still consider myself new at this), to want to try other flavors, without trying to go broke. My husband is on disability, so I have to watch how I spend our money, since I've been a stay-at-home mom, for 26 yrs. We have no savings, nothing to live on. So, it is always nice to be able to try a new sample, to help us decide what else we have a choice of, incase our favorite goes missing. Thanks waylonjessi4ever, for understanding my point of this thread! I love V4L, because I would have never been able to quit smoking, if it hadn't been for them. I don't want to sound like I was coming down on them. I was just curious as to how the samples worked, and I found out my answer.

Ethereal

ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2011
UK
No slamming on my part flowerlady, just my own personal opinion which I'm also entitled to, I don't think we all have to agree all the time do we?

I think maybe some people including myself may have misunderstood these comments.

It showed me, that the company really cared about it's customers, and wanted to please them.
I feel like the company has gone downhill a lot, since March. What's your opinion on this, and are you still receiving samples or not?

Let's support them so they can continue to support us. Don't worry it will all come good. :)

Last edited:

krazie_Kid

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 10, 2010
Long Island
www.vapor4life.com
In the past 4 orders that I have gotten from V4L, there have been no freebie samples. I was really disappointed. I use to love getting a sample or 2, maybe 3 or 4, even if it wasn't something that I liked or not. It showed me, that the company really cared about it's customers, and wanted to please them, with a surprise of a few samples in their orders. I miss all of that. And I especially miss my WOW555 Juice. I'm checking the internet everyday for it. I feel like the company has gone downhill a lot, since March. What's your opinion on this, and are you still receiving samples or not?

The freebies are not something they give out to a lot of people anymore.

The stock issue has been covered by Steve, myself, and other forum members in the past. It is not V4L's fault, the FDA is holding juices from every company and testing it, Steve is trying to fix it.

MachoKing

ECF Veteran
Aug 24, 2010
Missouri
It might sound silly but I almost prefer not having samples. I'll get an order in and it will have a sample carto or two in it. I find that I love one or both. MUST PLACE NEW ORDER. That order shows up and has samples in it. MUST ORDER AGAIN. It's an endless cycle. On the plus side, it's always cool to have something on the way in the mail :p

vapi

ECF Veteran
Jan 15, 2011
Ohio
I would rather have a nice discount over a couple cartomizers I will never use. I didn't use my coupon on my last order and I got 3 cartomizers that will be passed on to a friend. It was a mistake because I tried to use a coupon code but it didn't go through so they added the discount money on my account. I really don't deserve the freebies because the order I just placed was twice the discount with the coupon code and company credit. But maybe the person that ends up with these freebies might like them and place an order for themselves, which ultimately brings more business to V4L.

I love supporting small businesses in America, they deserve to succeed, especially in this line of business. There are some places I pay full price for and don't get any freebies, it doesn't bother me one bit because I know I am supporting a small business. I don't do all my grocery shopping at walmart either, there are times I support the mom and pop supermarket so they don't go out of business.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread