What's new?

Status
Not open for further replies.

roxics

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 25, 2009
Detroit MI
When last I left vaping people were using mods and egos with smok-tek cartomizer tanks. Ego twists were out and people were loving them. I have a silver bullet, an ego-twist and some 5ml and 3.5ml cartotanks. Sadly I started smoking again after two years of being strictly e-cig only, making my own juice and everything. Been smoking for a few months now. Even got back into RYO and realized how much i hated that stuff. So I need to quit again and go strictly e-cig.

So what is everyone loving these days? I know the technology changes so fast.

niterider

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2012
State College, PA
Prepare to have your mind blown!
mind-blown.jpg

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
A couple of new advancements since you left, but not sure they are something you want to jump into.

RBA (rebuildable atomizer) are tanks or drippers where you build your own wicks from stainless steel mesh and your own coils from wire. You will need to do some self education and there can be quite a learning curve at first. These can be used on either regulated or unregulated mods and you should use only top notch batteries. You would also need a multimeter or some other means (built-in atomizer meter on an APV) to measure the resistance of the coil you make. http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/baditude/4454-7-advice-tips-vapors-looking-try-their-first-rba.html

There are also submersable atomizers (Diver, Killer) that can fit in a cartotank in place of a cartomizer; and atomizer tanks (AMP tank) in their first generation of production. They seem to have had mixed results; either people love them or have been disappointed in their performance.

There are much higher quality cartotanks available today. Manufacturers are getting away from polycarbonate tubes and going to pyrex glass which allows the use of even the tank-cracking flavors. IBTanked and Phiniac are popular pyrex cartotanks.

Advancement in clearomizers have been made. Vivi Nova's are popular; a top coiled, top fed clearotank. Kanger specializes in bottom coiled, bottom fed clearotanks with the Evod and ProTank (pyrex).

Last edited:

Scoop224

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 4, 2012
Cincinnati
Lots of products are now rebuildable, instead of disposable. Oodles of info ranging from forum threads, to instructional videos are free for the taking. Some great options are available to produces mushroom clouds that would easily dwarf anything that the southwest US experienced in the 40's and 50's.

Personally, I love the performance of the submersables, so I may be in the minority...

VapHer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Houston, TX
So many products are new! I was vaping several years back before I relapsed onto analogs, and the Joye510 Penstyle was the way to go :p

O M G

Coming back to the vaping world, by mind has been blown!

I have a nice little collection going, just 3 weeks back in... an eSmart, an EVOD, and a K100 mod.

There's soooooo much out there!!!

Happy Vaping :vapor:

Ottotek

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 11, 2013
Michigan
Tried Blu Cigs in 09... Bleah...picked up ProVari VV APV 9 months ago, and will never go back to analogs. Check out Phil Busardo at tasteyourjuice.com. Prepare to have a laugh or two and get your mind blown. Listen to a fellow Detroiter, my man, and Come Back to the Vape Side...( insert sound of Darth Vaper HERE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread