Status
Not open for further replies.

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
Seeing that there is no vacuum or chimney. Size is of paramount importance.
Little snubby types are basically warm & vaporous.
Large rda's are cooler, leading me at least toward hotter builds.
Pay attention to airflow,,you will need it.
Snubby,,,,Nixon v2, mabey best of class. Followed by the Narda, difficult to build, yet if done right, The Flavor is shocking.

Large, the 24mm Goon, really have to try to get a bad vape out of it.
I have an authentic Kennedy,,prefer my Goon. Oh the Heresy of the last statement!

Tweener,, the Magma, a classic dripper. Deep wells, clever a/f management for single or dual coil. Screw top, you'll never damage a 510 trying to pull off a cranky top cap..

Great info, thanks!

Thevapebro

Jan 26, 2017
New York
Anything with a velocity deck imo is great for beginners so I would have to lean toward the velocity v2. Another good one to look into is the Helios alittle on the "old" side but it has a couple of airflow options and has a 2 hole block center post but the best part is they are cheap like $5 and small and work surprisingly well. I personally prefer the block over the traditional 3 post it is way easier to center coils and clip leads with. One of my personal favorites that has a velocity style deck is the black widow it utilizes top airflow and has not only a turbine in the tip bit a ceramic deck as well. You can usually find an authentic for less than $30. I hope that helps a bit

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Looking to buy my first RDA. Nothing too fancy, just something for a beginner dripper
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just two: Both deep well, Magma and Origen V1 & V3 Moderate clouds and superior flavor. Magma easiest two post build and Origen may have a slight flavor advantage.

Reactions: daviedog

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Looking to buy my first RDA. Nothing too fancy, just something for a beginner dripper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Well I'm definitely a beginner and I just successfully set up a Velocity clone, under $10 from Fasttech. If I can do it anyone can! ;)
My first RDA, I'm so proud :lol:

Darth Omerta

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2015
So I have a few favorites and one in the mail that @Mongo already mentioned(the Tsunami...cant wait to get my hands on that baby!)

I started with the Dark Horse and I couldnt have been happier with it. I found it easy to learn on and it was a great vape with many configurations for airflow.

The Lush is my current favorite. Its got a four post system making for really easy builds and the airflow is designed to make the air "swirl" around the coils. Its an easy build with a lot of room and a fairly deep well. Ive currently got dual 9 wraps of 24AWG(about .35ohms) in there and there is still room for more. Gonna load some claptons in there sometime soon.

If you're looking for a cloud machine the Mutation X series is always good. Ive got the V4 but Ive heard great things about the V5.

Im sure this probably goes without saying these days, but in case it doesnt...Until you get into more complex builds, less airflow generally equals more flavor and more airflow generally equals more clouds. As you become more experienced you will learn more about how the build can affect this and you will be able to tweak it to your needs.

Reactions: ChelsB

ChelsB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2016
California
So I have a few favorites and one in the mail that @Mongo already mentioned(the Tsunami...cant wait to get my hands on that baby!)

I started with the Dark Horse and I couldnt have been happier with it. I found it easy to learn on and it was a great vape with many configurations for airflow.

The Lush is my current favorite. Its got a four post system making for really easy builds and the airflow is designed to make the air "swirl" around the coils. Its an easy build with a lot of room and a fairly deep well. Ive currently got dual 9 wraps of 24AWG(about .35ohms) in there and there is still room for more. Gonna load some claptons in there sometime soon.

If you're looking for a cloud machine the Mutation X series is always good. Ive got the V4 but Ive heard great things about the V5.

Im sure this probably goes without saying these days, but in case it doesnt...Until you get into more complex builds, less airflow generally equals more flavor and more airflow generally equals more clouds. As you become more experienced you will learn more about how the build can affect this and you will be able to tweak it to your needs.

Thanks for all the info, I appreciate it!

Sent from my iPhone, please excuse any typos

Reactions: Darth Omerta

jhhollier

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 3, 2014
The Hadaly is definitely super easy to build on and it puts out incredible flavor. The downside? It's $70 for an authentic and that might be more than you want to spend to find out if you really want to drip.

Agree with a lot of others here: anything with a Velocity style deck will be super easy to build on.

I'd avoid anything with a three post deck. It's personal preference mostly but also they are more annoying/difficult to build on.

Goons or other RDAs with the same clamp posts are easy to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread