Status
Not open for further replies.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
sorry.....here's what happened......here at SS we all communicate through an instant message program.....it beeps at you every time someone sends you a message....a few days ago I was IM'ing Bill....naturally I was happy to have him "home".......and I get this message........."stop talking"..............."I'm on the phone and the beeping is driving me nuts"................"throw a blanket over your cage...I'll talk to you later"........

Well as you all know I am a stickler for obeying authority.....so of course I did what he had asked....and I'll be darned if no one ever came around to take it off! go figure.........

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
sorry.....here's what happened......here at SS we all communicate through an instant message program.....it beeps at you every time someone sends you a message....a few days ago I was IM'ing Bill....naturally I was happy to have him "home".......and I get this message........."stop talking"..............."I'm on the phone and the beeping is driving me nuts"................"throw a blanket over your cage...I'll talk to you later"........

Well as you all know I am a stickler for obeying authority.....so of course I did what he had asked....and I'll be darned if no one ever came around to take it off! go figure.........

LOL! Next time, tell him to turn down the volume....then you can continue to beep away!

susie22321

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2010
St. Clair Shores, MI
www.smokestik.com
yes but then he might miss a message from someone that actually has something usefull to say.....see...it is a dilema. Useful and or relevant message say from an engineer in China....or listen to squirrel chatter.....hard to decide......

There is that, I suppose.

lorikay13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2009
Oregon
www.smokestik.com
hmmmmm.....excellent point!

I guess that statement might make a fascinating sociological study in regards to virtual communications and 21st century relationships amongst human beings......possibly all sentient beings.

so.....I think it is the same phenomenum that takes place when people are in their automobiles. You develop a feeling of safety and security.....and even privacy.....which is of course all a misperception. So when I said "you people" I recall experiencing the emotion of speaking to my clan or tribe.....and honestly completely forgot that there is no privacy here. And that the lexicon "you people" would likely be experienced as a term of endearment to the current and regular members of the SmokeStik forum.......but might possibly be offensive to others currently outside the tribal bounderies.

btw....your avatar is quite attractive....you would not by chance be a .....Zombie would you?

CES

optimistic cynic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2010
Birmingham, Al
Can we add this bling to the PBs? It's shiny! :)

rabbits_foot.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread