DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I have 2 questions:

I've seen that some vendors have pulled the VapeSafe fuse and are carrying the Holocron Shortstop instead. Is there a problem with the VapeSafe? Which, if either, is better?

I am aware the a safety fuse is recommended for a mechanical and not for a VV device. But, what about an old-style fixed voltage device, like a Bolt or RoughStack?

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
The Bolt requires an 18500. Since I've never had 18500 batteries before, I just automatically bought IMR since everyone says that they're safer chemistry than the old Protected ICRs.

I planned on just using my old protected ICRs until they die, then buying all IMRs for everything.

Should I not?

ROM 1

Aug 29, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
Vape Safe has a multiple usage version also though.

Yeah, they're called Vape Safe2 . I bought them and they're junk. It shorted on me once and was never able to work properly again. I had it for about 1 month, and customer service couldn't help me with a warranty or exchange. They're not worth it. Go with the Shortstop.

ROM 1

Aug 29, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
2 cent fuse = one time use, the vafesafe 2 and shortstop = multiple uses. A point to remember even breakers become weak over time from being constantly tripped. Nothing wrong with either of the devices. The 2cent fuse or vapesafe 1, is no longer in production.

Electronic | Cigarettes | Mods | Battery | Safety | Fuse | TheVapeSafe.com

Yeah, they're called Vape Safe2 . I bought them and they're junk. It shorted on me once and was never able to work properly again. I had it for about 1 month, and customer service couldn't help me with a warranty or exchange. They're not worth it. Go with the Shortstop.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Pictures... or it didn't happen. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread