Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Copied from the article posted by Batitude:
"According to highschooler, Kenneth Smith, "I've eaten worse-tasting things in our school's cafeteria. We've joked about going outside after lunch and trying to find some dog mess to use as a palate cleanser. So a vape that tastes like literal crap is nothing."

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I marked them both ignored. I am not here to deal with freakin dope heads.
That's pretty harsh (and very judgemental) May I ask what drugs you are on (that includes "meds", alcohol and nicotine)?
Also, it is well know as a medicinal, and especially CBD oil (I have met many old folks that say it's a godsend)

Skeebo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 31, 2014
That's pretty harsh (and very judgemental) May I ask what drugs you are on (that includes "meds", alcohol and nicotine)?
Also, it is well know as a medicinal, and especially CBD oil (I have met many old folks that say it's a godsend)

I suppose she's also including the cancer patients who are partaking in the green while on chemo as well. I know I did.

United States

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2018
RVA

I can finally say it here……
That's why they call it dope.

Callin' folks judgemental for being against something is the pot calling the kettle black, don't ya think? Seriously, the vast majority of folks vaping thc is not for medicinal purposes anymore than my .... used to be. They use it to get high and add vitamin e to get more high.

Sure a minor amount of users use it for medical purposes. But for every ton of grass that crosses into America from the north and south (or east and west for that matter) only a few pounds are for medicinal purposes and to think otherwise is fooling yourself.

To turn an e-cigarette forum into a platform for recreational drug users to have a say so will turn away a lot of veterans here. A lot. Me, personally I've stopped buying stuff from every vape shop in my area now that they've stuffed display cases with dope smoking and vaping gear and gizmos. They are only feeding the problem.

Somebody has to stand up and say ENOUGH. Calling those who do judgemental is also feeding the monster. And now it seems the monster has a child forum at the one place that used to stand up and say "no, we don't condone vaping for recreational drug use". Why? In hopes the American government will stop calling dope vaping gear e-cigarettes.

Brewdawg1181

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2017
Metro ATL
I marked them both ignored. I am not here to deal with freakin dope heads.
I understand the sentiment. I kind of wonder what it'll be like around here in a year or so. It's not like stoners have been banging at the gate to get in or anything, though.

But then again...you've probably already been dealing with more freakin' dope heads here than you realize.

As I said in another thread about this...I don't like that it may make it even easier to conflate the two, but that's probably not gonna have much effect overall. I don't know if this is good or bad, honestly.

440BB

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
The Motor City
I expect for some of us the Cannabis forum will be ignored just like Outside or any other part of ECF that one doesn't want to see, like politics and religion. Nothing wrong with that. I don't think it will affect the many other valuable parts of ECF for most.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
The vast majority of users use to get high, only a small fragment use for actual medical purposes. I have no problem with either. But I don’t want that discussion here. Because the majority is just going to be potheads. And I don’t really care what you folks do in your own time.

And for the rest, this is no place for medical discussion. How many times a day that is said here....

As for what ‘drugs’ I do... not one just to get high. Not one.

uthinkofsomething

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2015
Toledo, Ohio
There has been a lot of talk about all this stuff in various forums, it's somewhat unavoidable with all the headlines.
I think creating a place to discuss cannabis was partly an effort to keep it from being everywhere you look on ECF.
Personally, I always wanted to keep my nicotine vaping clearly separate from using any questionably (currently) legal substance, just like I wouldn't want someone to think I was drinking alcohol every time I drank a liquid.
There is a lot of ignorance and quick judgement out there in the world. People want to apply labels and rules to every situation with a snap judgement based on negative experience they want to avoid or not repeat.
Times are changing in a lot of ways.
I hope this works out.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
To turn an e-cigarette forum into a platform for recreational drug users
Nicotine is a drug, is it not?

Do you consider your nicotine use medicinal?

FWIW, I have mixed feelings about this change in ECF, but the people who own it get to make these kinds of decisions, whereas you and I don't.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I think will work fine IF it is kept totally on this forum... continue to bad it from the other forums (including the use of certain words) Nothing would change and you can just choose to ignore this forum. Fair enough?
I doubt the software has the capability to apply "bad word filters" selectively, by forum section.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
Trying to choose between a chocolate cake and a half gallon of strawberry ice cream right now, while listening to Bob Marley's Santa Barbara County Bowl concert.
Every time some on talks about yummy foods it make me wish I was vaping those flavors!
(rasta mon vibration... positive)

Reactions: Skeebo
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread