The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

When did this happen?

Discussion in 'General Cannabis Discussion' started by smacuser, Sep 10, 2019.

Tags:
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Kprthevapr

Kprthevapr Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 1, 2015
    On the River, GA
    Amen!

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  2. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    Walmart, Lowes, or Home Depot. Under $200.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. uthinkofsomething

uthinkofsomething Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    Thanks. I've been looking at 3.5 to 5 cubic foot chest freezers, have seen some as low as 140ish before shipping. Worth it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    NE FL
    A five cubic foot one will hold a lifetime's worth of nic and the meat from two deer. :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. uthinkofsomething

uthinkofsomething Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 7, 2015
    Toledo, Ohio
    That's bigger than I thought haha. I do want it for food freezer overflow too. Sounds like the smaller ones I've been looking at will work great. 3.5cf

• Like Like x 3
  6. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    Church rummage sales.

With the added benefit of knowing the joy of knowing the horror of the original owner's feelings about EITHER substance being frozen in it.

Also, it is REAAAALLLL easy to say one is not "recreationally hooked on a prescribed drug" when it comes from a doctor's pad, and NOT REAL EASY to say the same when one has to go through the MANY and DIFFERENT labyrinthine steps to get into a state sponsored MM program. I know. I was one of the first "caregiver parents" in Tucson AZ. My son was on 18 meds and without relief. MMJ got him down to one-- cannabis.

ALSO, BTW, REALLY easy to FORGET what being a MM user TAKES away-- the ability to participate in HUGE fields of study or types of work. My kid wanted to be a nurse, he would have made a great nurse, but you can't find WORK or even get LICENSED as a nurse because MOST healthcare facilities accept Federal Dollars and certain judgy (usually old women high on opiates due to their "arthritis" and in retirement think it's a "terrible drug" without ANY knowledge of how responsible medical marijuana patients ACT.

There is no one who could tell my son was high frankly, He made the (youthful) mistake of going through a field sobriety checkpoint and like saying he had a card (he did not realize disclosing it was, ah, well not so smart.) He took (and passed) FIVE field sobriety tests before the police, during the administration of the seventh, I believe stated he did not raise one leg QUIITE as high as his knee.

I don't smoke the herb, but if I did, I would NOT be driving because I'd be in jail. I cannot pass ONE filed sobriety test EITHER (so I found out when a cop grabbed me and like, pulled me out of my car due to my essential tremor, well I suppose I was speeding by 20 mph over the speed limit. Anyway, I told him up front there was NO WAY I would pass one even if I was calm, which I was not. I think I failed about 7 and like, I kept pointing out to the police officer that while I could not tilt my head backward while listening to traffic and tell him when 2 minutes had passed, I was a rather good driver given that well, I was going 20 mph over the speed limit and handling my car fine. Anyway, I eventually started crying and like, by this time 20 police arrived and they finally let my husband come and get me, (he, ironically enough WAS high, but parked at the BOTTOM of the parade of police, and came up and was, well, my rescuer, but he didn't act high either he's just paranoid.)

All my family were mad because when the cop asked me where I was coming from I said "An NA meeting actually." It was true! Also, I let him search my car and he found acupuncture needles and had no idea what the hell they were... So I explained, at length, and well, I think he just couldn't face hauling my butt off to jail OR writing up the "ticket" so I was freed to...…

Go to court and fight the ticket all the way and also got the police man to incriminate himself as "profiling" an area of street which is illegal in Pima County (don't ask me, but I was not happy with the cop) which just goes to show I am not Grace Under Pressure but a female dog in the courtroom.

My point, however is that I looked a HELL of a lot more like your typical "marijuana" user than either my kid, or my husband EVER have NOT under the influence of Marijuana.

So, ya'll can be judgy all you want, and y'all can be OMG SOMEONE IS HAVING FUN OFF WEED SO INTRACTABLE SEIZURE BABIES MUST DIE!!!!!!! THEY DESERVE IT, because someone, somewhere, is HAVING fun smoking DOPE as you self righteously swallow your evening valium plus ambien.

Please.

Anyone who is vaping flavored nic now is also soon to be a CRIMINAL! SQUALK!!! OMG it's an ILLEGAL DRUG AND SOMEONE IS ENJOYING IT! I hope you ALL are well, not pouring your eliquid down the drain and smashing your vapes (send them my way) but WOW you are about to be an illegal drug users.

So I hope you will stick to your god given principles and stop vaping then??????

INTERNALLY inconsistent logic is such a valuable skill is it not?

GOD.

Anna

• Like Like x 3
    • Love Love x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Sloth Tonight

Sloth Tonight CF Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jun 25, 2014
    Adirondacks
    Hi Anna! I can relate in a way to your experience (albeit in a very different context) and certainly empathize with your story. I would like to politely caution that we should be careful in how we word things here. The ability to discuss this topic is very new and I think we want to be careful to not cause friction, so to speak. Please don't misunderstand me. I just want to encourage kindness and polite discussion, that's all :)

Really sorry you had such a maddening experience. My only run-in with the law on this matter took place in TN literally 2 months before I was set to move up north. The police illegally searched me (I was not educated enough to know my rights--big mistake), found a small amount of cannabis, then proceeded to read me my rights. I was certain I'd go to jail for the night and face probation for a year if nothing worse happened. One of the policemen ranted at me for half an hour about how I'm ruining my life and what a terrible, terrible substance it is. Then the three policemen gathered in private for a moment before calling me over and asking me to A) dump the cannabis on the ground and B) break my pipe. I did as I was asked, then was told to "get out of here and never come back" (this was on a hiking trail...).

It was an eye-opening experience as I was quite young at the time. I learned more about my rights, was extra careful about where I kept my MJ (read: tucked in backpack if hiking, not in pocket), and haven't had any issues since. Of course, two months later I moved up north and there's not the same kind of concern up here. A speeding ticket is a bigger deal where I live now and they usually don't even do anything if they catch you up here. (I've heard some funny stories, example: police took half of a friend's MJ and left him the other half, :lol:)

Anyway, my experience pales in comparison to yours (edit for clarity: your family's). Some of my friends down there haven't had the same fortune that I had. A good friend of mine uses it medically for very legitimate reasons, but of course there's no medical system in place there. He got caught one time, went to jail for the night and had probation for a year. His health was in shambles for that year as he did not partake due to the probation tests. It broke my heart.

• Love Love x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. evan le'garde

evan le'garde Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 3, 2013
    I think if i read enough from the Cannabis forum my tolerance level will go sky high. :lol: :thumbs::smokie:

I mean, initially i though this forum is a bad idea, a really bad idea !. Maybe if i pay enough attention to what's being said i may be inclined to change my mind.

I'm not sure at this point if this whole idea was thought through properly, or by who. The partially legal aspect of Cannabis, namely CBD, is far outweighed by the illegal aspects.

The Cannabis forum is, at this time, ambiguous in the sense that visitors and members aren't entirely sure what exactly they are allowed to talk about.

So what are the rules ?. Are there any ?.

• Like Like x 1
  10. smacuser

smacuser Vapid Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Augustine, FL
    Not sure if there are rules, as of yet. Not even sure why Cannabis was chosen over CBD.

I know I made some generalizations regarding what would up for discussion, but I think if we can police ourselves, we can stave off any unwanted criticism. I saw in the read this sticky, folks were concerned about this area being the stoner section. If we keep our conversation to best practices regarding electronic devices, we can have more meaningful exchanges and show the rest of our members we are keeping everyone's best interests at heart.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Sloth Tonight

Supporting member
    Jun 25, 2014
    Adirondacks
    The issue with lung disease appears to be caused by illicit THC cartridges, that's why they're allowing cannabis discussion. CBD use hasn't been linked to the health problems to our knowledge. Fully agreed about policing ourselves and so far so good :)

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Just Me

Just Me Super Member ECF Veteran

Mar 4, 2010
    At 68, I didn't think anything could surprise me, but I just now saw this new thing here, and yeah, I'm surprised. Probably because we were always cautioned against any reference to this subject because this was a family forum.

But I won't offer my opinion, because it's mixed.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Where's the rant about the liquor users? Should we start a separate forum for that as well? Alcohol destroys more lives on a daily basis than weed. Double standard...hmmm

• Like Like x 2
    • Love Love x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    And you didn't invite the rest of us:(

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    All I'll add is
    I drink occasionally and I am not an alcoholic.
    I smoke a bowl occasionally and I am not a stoner.
    I vape daily very often and I don't have a neck beard or blow clouds.

Apologies but I have a strong aversion for very high horses.

• Love Love x 7
    • Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  16. Haktuspit

Haktuspit Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Way more judgement in here than I was expecting but also a lot of push-back on that judgement which is nice to see. They made the decision, for the right reasons. Those reasons being we can't defend nicotine vapes without saying that it's illegal THC vapes.

That being said I vape nic, I vape THC, I smoke THC and I eat CBD mixed with THC. Such is a Colorado life.

Might as well just embrace this change. The world can't tell THC from nicotine apart right now, we're all in the same boat right now like it or not. In fact I think THC vaping somehow is implicated less than nic vaping right now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Letitia

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    Only in the media.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Daniel Forsyth

Daniel Forsyth Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 26, 2019
    Victoria, Australia
    Get your facts straight my friend.
    THC and CBD are two different things.
    THC for a high CBD for medicinal, people Don't use THC for medicinal purposes:)

19. Sloth Tonight

Supporting member
    Jun 25, 2014
    Adirondacks
    They are different chemicals, yes, and CBD has more medicinal uses than THC. But people do use THC for medicinal purposes. CBD however is strictly medicinal while THC produces the high. This does not mean THC is void of medicinal value - it's not.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. United States

United States Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Aug 17, 2018
    RVA
    :facepalm: Hell I ignored this thread a week ago and still get red X's
    lol

• Funny Funny x 4